Two

Work, Play...Bliss
Later that night, I was packing up the last of my boxes when I got a text from Dong Ho.
 
"Sry"
"for what?" I texted back.
"making u uncomfortable. I do that a lot to people"
"U don't make me uncomfortable. I really did have to talk to my mom." I replied back.
"Everything good?" Dong Ho asked.
"Yes. Gotta move my things 2 a smaller room. My aunt's moving in while I'm gone."
"Sry"
"No big. Where r u?" I asked curiously.
"Across the street on the corner." He replied. 
"Wait! How do you know where I live?" I inqired.
"I asked the front desk on my way out." He answered.
"Stalker much?" I teased.
"Just wanted 2 make sure we didn't start off on the wrong foot." 
"Sweet of u" I couldn't help smiling.
"Don't tell, it'll ruin my image. Want help moving ur stuff?" He asked.
"Offering to help a stranger move his junk - sweeter yet :)"
" Offering to help a friend :)" 
"OK - meet u @ the door." I smiled again. "What was wrong with me?" I thought, jogging to the front door. Mom had gone to help my aunt pack, so it was just me home. Opening the door, I found a very nervous Dong Ho glancing back at me. "You know we're cool. You don't have to do anything." I stated firmly, gesturing him inside. 
 
"It's far better than going home to an empty apartment as I have for the past 2+ years." He frowned slightly following me inside and closing the door behind him.
 
"Where's your family?" I asked, stopping in the kitchen for two bottles of water
 
"Back home. Jeju-Do. I miss them a lot." He smiled, accepting the bottle of water while following me to my room. 
 
"I'm almost done, so it won't take long. How'd shooting pool go? Did I miss anything?" I asked, turning on the light.
 
"It went Ok. Didn't miss much. It would have been better with you there.  Aron is a very smooth, charming person.  Jong Hyun is fun, as usual, keeping things light and easy. Min Hyun is conservative, sharp as a tack, and has an intellectual charm that rivals anyone I know."  Dong Ho reported more to himself as if he was deciding on things.
 
"Maybe MinHyun is shy." I suggested as I set the bottle of water down and put some books in a box.  "He seemed that way when he was at the meeting."
 
"I never thought about that. He would be the Maknae of our group, wouldn't he?" Dong Ho quizzed, sitting in a chair.
 
"When is his birth date?" I asked, glancing at him curiously.
 
"August 9th, 1995." Dong Ho answered, looking around my room which strangely... I didn't mind. 
 
I thought for a moment.  "Yeah, he would... no, wait.  I am the Mankae of the group.  He's about three months older than me."  I said, closing the now full box.
 
"That makes your Birthday November 7th?"  Dong Ho asked, reaching me another box.
 
"Thanks, no - November 3rd." I was about to take the box over to the stack by the door when Dong Ho was just suddenly there. "I said I'd help, and I meant it. Show me where you need me to stack the boxes then it won't take long." A warm smile tugged at his mouth.
 
"Okay..." Walking through the door, I flipped on the hall light. "The room on the far end. I'll turn the light on for you." As I walked, I heard him following behind so I asked. "Are you nervous?"
 
"Yeah, I really want to impress them with my abilities, and not mess up. How are you holding up?" He asked as I opened the door, and the light. "Isn't this a storage room?" Dong Ho asked astoundedly.
 
"I don't plan on failing." Showing him where to stack the boxes, I moved aside, crossing my arms over my middle. "My mom supports me whole -heartedly. Things will work out. I have my faith." I replied as positively as I could. 
 
"So, basically... you're as nervous as I am." Dong Ho grinned at me. After a moment, he asked quietly. "Hey, is there any chance that I could put some of my boxes here. I have to ditch the apartment for the dorm house, but there is a time gap. I don't have a lot." His cute baby face looked so cute as he bagged lightly.
 
"Why not. Call it even for helping me out. Wanna do it tomorrow, after practice?" I asked, watching him smile more.
 
"Thanks... Really! I mean it." He followed me back to my room, getting more boxes.
 
"You're welcome!" I smirked, following him back to my room.
 
Thirty minutes later found us done and talking on the porch.
 
"First audition, I was actually helping out a friend with his audition. I was chosen instead, and lost a friend for it." Dong Ho shook his head at the memory, running a hand through his hair. Turning to me, he prompted. "Your turn!"
 
"Okay.  I secretly read my file once while the administrator was called out of the office. It had 'unpredictable cute guy with metro ual charm.' in bold on the first page. I was dumbfounded and closed the file. They were way off because I try for mysterious and pretty. I'm still a cute kid inside, and I'm trying to keep that as long as possible." I stared up at the stars. 
 
"You are probably the only person I can talk to like this, and be comfortable with. I really like that, Min Ki." Dong Ho glanced up at the stars too.
 
After a while, I laid my head on his shoulder. "How did you get here?"
 
"I walked. I wanted to think things through before I got here. Like I said before, I didn't want to make a mess of things." Dong Ho replied, laying his head on mine.
 
"You could sleep over. It is late and I have extra blankets and stuff... If you didn't want to go home and be alone." I offered, but not sure why.
 
"Min Ki, you have no idea just how awesome that sounds. Are you sure?" Dong Ho double checked, meeting my eyes. 
 
"Yeah! I'm tired, shouldn't be, but I am. There's a TV in my room. I don't watch it much anymore. It usually puts me to sleep." I said getting up, stretching. 
 
"You, too?" He asked, climbing to his feet. He was surprisingly agile for as big as he was.
 
Before I knew it, Dong Ho hauled me over his shoulder, and closed the door, locking it behind him. "Put. Me. Down." I tried for authoritative, but it was not remotely possible in this position. Slapping his backside was all I could reach. 
 
"You are so light! Do you ever eat? I am a pretty good cook, so I could make you something." Dong Ho offered sweetly.
 
"My mom cooked already. I just want an apple and a glass of milk. Interested?" I counter-offered still struggling.
 
"Okay! To the kitchen then." Dong Ho said, but I could hear the smirk in his voice. 
 
"Put me down! I can walk!" I sighed frustratedly.
 
He chuckled as he walked. "I got you!"
 
"Funny!" I sputtered as he turned, entering the kitchen. Inside the doorway, he set me down. 
 
He grinned. "You're cute when you're flustered."
 
"And you're going to be cute when I punch you." He laughed, thinking I was joking, so I punched him in the gut just like my brother taught me.
 
"Damn - I thought you'd hit like a girl. You hit harder than most guys I know." He grunted, doubling over.
 
I stomped on his foot for extra emphasis. "I have an older brother." Looking at my nails, I glared at him. "You jerk! You made me break a nail!" Turning, I walked over to the fridge, taking out the milk. "Do you want some?" I asked, gazing back over at him.
 
"Rowdy little thing, aren't you? Yes, please? Just don't beat me up anymore tonight." He frowned a bit, standing up straighter.
 
I turned to a bowl on the counter with five green apples in it. Tossing one at him, I smiled when he caught it. 
 
"Thanks! I didn't eat yet.... So..." He trailed off not wanting to be a nuisance.
 
"Why didn't you tell me! Some of my mom's chicken is in the fridge. Sit down at the table, and I'll fix it for you." I started getting busy after a large drink of milk.
 
Dong Ho pouted playfully. "Sorry!"
 
"It's no problem, but you should have told me sooner. Now I feel like a bad host, a terrible friend, and a slave driver. All I need now is a whip." He chuckled at the last, but I felt horrible.
 
"Funny, but I have trouble seeing you like that. You are far too nice for that. Although it would be cute to watch.... Nope, scary picture! Interesting, cute, but scary." He laughed again, a deep, warm and very pleasant sound. 
 
Just then my mom came in. "Hello!"  She smiled brightly at me, then at Dong Ho. "I agree with cute but scary."
 
"Hi, mom! This is Kang Dong Ho. He'll be in the group with me." I met her halfway, hugging her tight.
 
She hugged me back. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Dong Ho. Min Ki usually never brings friends home, so it's a nice change. Please take good care of each other, as you are going to be working closely together." She looked at my attempt at fixing food. "Min, I will do that. Go sit down, and drink your milk."  She smiled warmly at me for my cooking attempt as she took over. Before long, a whole meal sat before us. "Eat! You know I will worry about you not eating, and getting run down." She paled a bit, eating a small piece of chicken.
 
"I will be fine, mom." I smiled weakly, trying to reassure her.
 
"Please, don't worry. I'll look out for him, make sure he eats and takes good care of himself." Dong Ho offered sincerely.
 
She looked at him closely. The way only a mother can assess people involved with their child. "Thank you, Dong Ho. I will hold you to that, but you have my deepest appreciation. I am very happy to see the beginning of a good friendship form. He dearly needs that in his life right now. Min Ki doesn't have any friends that I am aware of. He is a very hard worker, an intellectual with a huge heart, and a generous soul." She beamed proudly at me. I could feel my cheeks getting pink, so I stared at my food as we ate. 
 
After everything was cleaned up, she pulled me to her. "That boy thinks the world of you. He'll be a valuable friend to you, which is something you need right now on this new stretch of your life. I feel better knowing he's watching over you." She hugged me tightly. Turning to Dong Ho, she bid him goodnight, and that she was glad to meet him. Silently she left the kitchen, going to her bedroom.
 
I paused a moment, reflecting on what she'd just said. Turning, I headed to my room with Dong Ho close behind. "Does she like me? I love her already. She reminds me of my mom, and how much I miss her." Dong Ho said sadly as we entered my room.
 
Turning around, I hugged him. He wrapped his big arms around me and wept. I rubbed his back in large, slow circles. "I meant what I promised your mom. I will try to take good care of you for her." He promised me now.
 
"You don't have to, but I'd like that." I smiled softly.
 
He wiped his face, looking up at me. That odd feeling I had at the meeting hit me again only much stronger this time. What was wrong with me??  
 
Dong Ho seemed to have the same feeling as he moved closer to me, cupping my face in his hands. As he looked deeply into my eyes, his lips met mine. Electricity sparked as his lush lips moved against mine. "You are pretty, you know that right?" He purred as the kiss broke.
 
I just stood there shocked and trying to comprehend what just happened. Before I could think or move, he kissed me again. His wet tongue sliding across my bottom lip, seeking entry. As my lips parted, he ran his hand up my back, along my neck, and through my hair. Grabbing a handful of my hair, he pulled gently, tilting my head back. Now he was practically eating his way through my mouth. My knees betrayed me, getting weaker by the moment.
 
Still locked in a kiss, Dong Ho picked me up easily as he walked us over to the bed. I moaned as he set me down. He knelt down in front of me between my legs. "This has never happened to me before. It's like there is a strong pull toward you since the first time I saw you. Everything about you pulls me in more." He tried to explain, but words seemed to fail him.
 
"So it wasn't just me?" I stared deeply into his eyes. "But just because I'm pretty, it doesn't mean I'll be your girl!" I warned with a steely glare.
 
Dong Ho's face split into a grin. "Oh, you're no girl or damsel for that matter. You hit as hard as any sparring partner I've ever had, and your mind is twice as sharp." 
 
"Thanks! That's sweet of you." I stood and stretched, then asked. "Are you ready for bed?"
 
"With you?" He asked, playing hopefully while looking guilty.
 
"In your dreams! I'm not that easy. Your bedding is over there." I pointed to a neatly folded stack of various quilts and blankets my mom said I could take with me. "I am going to wash my face." I left the room still dazed.
 
Later, I came back to find Dong Ho asleep on my bed up against the wall with plenty of room for me. "The nerve of some boys!" I said under my breath as I turned off the light. Walking back over slowly, I weighed my options. 
 
"Just get into bed. I won't do anything." Dong Ho said groggily as he rolled over on his side, facing the wall.
 
I was too tired to argue as I crawled into bed.  At least the bed was warm.