3

Follow the river and you'll find the sea.

I woke up as I heard breaking of glass and sighing. When I opened my left eye, I saw the opened door. Minhee wasn't laying beside me anymore I felt. I stood up and quickly walked to the kitchen where I saw her picking up the shards. She was shocked when I gently pushed her aside. "I'll do it Minhee-yah" I sighed. Her eyes looked sad and her head hung down. It made me sad to see her like this, but I didn't think she was in her right mind to clean it herself.  "I'm sorry" I could read from her lips. After I was done I stood up and hugged her. "Did you sleep well? Are you okay?" I asked. She just nodded, but pushed me weakly away. It broke my heart.

We continued cooking our breakfast together. It was a very traditional Korean breakfast, but it was great. "Let's go to the beach today" She said without looking at me. "But we only went two days ago" I answered. She shrugged. "What time are you losing? You asked your company for vacation for almost a month" There was a moment of silent. "But I'm okay.. We don't need to go. It must be boring for you" She said softly as she started doing the dishes.

"Are you ready?" I asked as I jumped up. She slowly turned around to face me. "For what?" She was always whispering when she said something nowadays. "For leaving! We're going to the sea of course" I said and without waiting for her reaction and grabbed her wrist with my left hand and her bag with my right hand. That same day we saw the beach, the sea, the air with its birds again. There were so many sad, disappointing, even depressing moments for her, for us. It made me happy -or relieved- to see her eyes sparkling again.

She didn't look like she was in deep thoughts like other times we were here. She was smiling and about to tell me something. I was waiting patiently for her opening to listen what she had to tell. As expected, she started telling as she pointed to a rock. "You know, or you don't know. When I used to be a little girl, I came here almost everyday with my father. We sat there" She pointed to the rock again. "- talking about the seagulls and fishes in the water. Another day we sat there-" It was there where the water stopped. In the middle of the whole sea that you could see. "-Who would ever have thought I would love a fish so much? I learned how to swim in the sea. I learned the math tables while sitting in the sand. Donghae-yah, you really don't know how much these moments mean to me. I'm really thankful for that, but I'm also sorry. I'm sorry I can't express gratitude to you. I really love you Donghae-yah" That made me smile.

I wanted to hug her but something kept me back. I just stared at her an took her hand. She felt cold and I'm serious if I say I could break her. Literally. We stood there, I don't know how long we stayed at the same place, staring at the same part of the sea. This girl.. really changed me into a better person with her clear and weird mind. In the end I hugged her. "There's no need for you to say thank you. I love you too Minhee-yah"