2

Follow the river and you'll find the sea.

She sat on the table as I was slicing an apple for her. "Oppa, really, I want to go to the sea again. Can we go again?" She asked. "Minhee, oppa is little bit tired. Let's rest today" I replied. "But I want to go! Don't you think the sea is very beautiful? It reminds me of you, oppa. Your name means East Sea, that's why. Oppa, when I'm walking on the beach I feel very happy" When was the last time she was so talkative? It had been so long since I've heard her being like this. 

Suddenly I heard her heavy coughing. She had tears in her red eyes and was holding her chest. "I-it... hurts...." She squealed. While she was getting herself on a chair, I stood up and kneeled in front of her. I held her chest so it couldn't move so much. My hands became wet from her tears that were falling down. "It's okay.." I whispered in a calm tone. She nodded and tried to stop moving herself. A small, pale finger pointed to the kitchen. I stood up to the kitchen to take a glass of water. 

"Thank you" She said as she sipped. She looked so weak at this moment and her hands were trembling. I took them, feeling her cold skin against my warm hands. I wish I could turn back the time. I wish I could take away her suffering and her pain. I wish she could stay by my side forever. She was staring at me and she suddenly stood up. She grabbed a book from the bookshelf and opened it. It was her favourite book. 'Each year it seems to take less time to fly across the ocean' The book isn't a book with text. We looked through that book a million times together. There are 23 pages. Every page is a photo of a sea. It's always the same sea, photographed on different days, different minutes, with different thoughts. You can see how the sea becomes wild at bad days, you can sea how the sea is calm when there's sun and in the last picture you can see a bird flying over the sea. The last picture is different than the others. The feeling is different. 

We sat opposite each other. She was staring at the pictures. Still amazed. I was quietly sitting. Staring at her beautiful face. She was truly an angel. "Don't you think the sea is a beautiful thing? It's so clear for us, yet so mysterious. Nobody knows the secrets of the sea. Thinking about all the living beings deep in sea, invisible for us. The sea never ends being interesting and mysterious" I wasn't very surprised when she started saying that. Sometimes she said weird things, but they always were true. That made me love her even more. "You also never end being interesting and mysterious" I said. She stared at my eyes and then smiled all of sudden. She was a bit scary that way though. "I don't even remember what I said" She whispered, still smiling. It was an electric shock for me. It was even worse than that. I had never realized she was moving backwards mentally, but this brought me back down to earth. She gently shook her head and stood up. She grabbed my hand and pointed to the clock on the wall. "There's not much time left" She said and pulled me to the hall. I didn't know what she meant with that, but I followed her.