Leaving?

Promises. Meant to be kept or broken?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key's P.O.V

 

"What?" Onew-hyung asked as if he didn't hear what I just told him. I saw how his face got plastered with an expression telling me to explain what I just said.

I rolled my eyes to Onew-hyung. "You heard me right hyung." I told him. "I.. I want to leave Seoul. I don't want to be here anymore."

"What nonsense are you even talking about Key?" he asked me with an intimidating voice. "That's bull!"

"But hyung I--" I tried to argue.

"No Kibum. I'm not hearing this. Definitely not. Kibum, I allowed you once, yes. I helped you to go and leave us once but no, I will not help you this time." he explained as he ran his palm on his face. "No, I'm not letting you leave again this time Kibum."

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

Dying. That's what I am. I am dying.

I'd be lying if I say that I am not scared to die. Of course I am. Who isn't? But I believe that when it's your time already, you couldn't do anything else but just let it happen.

The time Onew-hyung told me about this tumor I have, I got scared. No. I can't have this. I'm too busy to be sick. My life is almost perfect. I have everything I wanted. A loving family, understanding circle of friends, an apartment of my own, a good paying job, and of course -- how can I forget? -- a very handsome, caring, loving, or can I just say a perfect boyfriend. Yes. Kim Jonghyun. It's him. The very person I can't live without.

And now this? A tumor? A tumor in my brain that would definitely just kill me anytime now. Have I done something wrong in the past to deserve this? Why of many people am I the one to have this kind of sickness?

After a month knowing that I have this tumor, I decided to just leave. Leave everything. Leave everyone. I know I will hurt them because of my decision but I just can't let them see that I'm dying. I don't want them to worry. I don't want them to waste time and energy. It would just be worthless in the end though.

Upon my decision, I decided to meet Onew-hyung and asked for his help. The very person who knows everything. Well, Taemin and Minho found out about it and that made me want to leave more. I can't let everyone to find out about this. Not especially Jonghyun. I can't let him know.

Entering Onew-hyung's office made me tear up. Am I doing the right thing?

I saw Onew-hyung seated on his chair as he reviewed some documents of his patients.

"Hey hyung." I greeted as I approached near.

Onew-hyung looked up to me and smiled. "Hey Kibum. Take a seat"

I ignored how Onew-hyung called me by my real name this time. Most of the times, I would definitely be arguing with him already about it. He loves to annoy me everytime.

I just smiled at him and took a seat in front of him. He stopped what he was doing and put all those documents aside and looked at me with his fingers intertwined. "..so.." he started. "You told me on the phone that you have something important to tell me. Have you decided to take the treatment now?" he asked.

I let out a sigh and shook my head slowly. "No hyung." I told him. "I already told you that I won't take that treatment, not especially the operation. And I won't ever change my mind about it."

"But Kibum, that's the only way for you to get rid of the tumor." he said.

"I don't care. If I'm dying, then fine. It's not like I still have any other choice." I nearly shouted.

"You have a choice Kibum. You can take the treatment and the operation." he answered back.

"No hyung!" I said. "I can't. I can't trust any doctors anymore. They're the reason why she died. Why my halmeoni died. They're useless. They did not even do anything and just let her die--"

"Kibum, you know how they really can't do anything about it. Your halmeoni's body was already very weak that time that she couldn't undergo the operation anymore, because if she did, she will just experience a lot more pain." Onew-hyung cut me off and tears already made its way to eyes and down to my cheeks.

"But there's still a chance hyung. She can still survive."

"Kibum.. You know how--"

"Shut up hyung!" I voiced out. I shut my eyes closed and took another lungful of air. This conversation is not what I really came for.

Onew-hyung looked at me surprised. It's not like I wanted to tell him to really shut up but I just don't know what to say anymore. "Oh god!" I said. "I'm so sorry hyung. I didn't mean to--"

Onew-hyung shook his head and just sigh, "No Kibum. It's alright. It's also my fault." he told me as  he stood up on his chair and walked around to sit next to me. Onew-hyung trapped me in a warm hug and I just leaned on it. "I'm sorry." he told me.

Upon hearing that, I started to cry more, and within seconds, I already am a sobbing mess. "I.. I can-n-n't hyung.. I-I'm s-so sorry." I sobbed.

Onew-hyung tried to calm me down and just whispered a lot of encouraging words to me. "That's alright Kibum. Everything will be alright. You will be just fine. You will be okay."

After almost like an hour, I have already calmed down and Onew-hyung handed me a glass of water.

"Now tell me the real reason you're here." he said as he sat down on the chair right in front of me.

I took a sip of water and cleared my throat. "Help me hyung." I said softly.

"With what?" he asked.

I looked at Onew-hyung in the eye firmly. "I want to leave."

"What?"

"I want to leave. Leave Seoul. Go to other places or maybe go overseas, just.. I want to leave Seoul." I told him.

Onew-hyung smiled. "Of course I can help. We can also tell Taemin and Minho." he said as he ruffled my hair. "And of course Jonghyun. We can all leave and have some break from everything."

I tensed hearing those words from him. "You don't get it hyung," I told him. "That's not what I meant."

"What do you mean then?"

"Hyung. I want to.. I want to leave. Leave everything. Everyone. I can't stay here. I want to go somewhere. Somewhere where no one could find me. I can't be here and be a bother to everyone because of my condition." I explained.

Onew-hyung looked surprised from what I told him. "What?" he asked. "Kibum how about your family? They would worry, your friends, and Jonghyun. You can't just leave them."

"But hyung.. Please? I don't want everyone to know about this. Taemin and Minho already found out about it. I can't let Jonghyun finding it out as well." I told him as I grabbed and held Onew-hyungs hands.

"How about Jonghyun?" he asked. "Jonghyun would definitely worry about you." he said.

"I know. That's why I broke up with him."

"You what?" he asked.

I let out a sigh and with a heavy heart, I told him "I broke up with him hyung.. Jonghyun and I, there's no we anymore. We're over."

Onew-hyung still gave me a surprise look. "Kibum you--"

"Hyung.. Please. I'm just asking you this one favor. This will be my first and last so please? Please help me?" I begged.

I looked at Onew-hyung with tears flowing out of my eyes. I saw how he took a deep breath and slowly nodded. "Okay. Okay." he said defeated. "I will try to help you."

I smiled a bit and hugged Onew-hyung. "Thank you hyung." I said.

"But I'm really not in favor about this idea Kibum." he said. "I will just help you. Just this once okay? If ever things turns around and they all found out about it, I will not let you go and leave again." he explained.

I slowly nodded and faked a laugh. "It's not like they will find out hyung." I told him but he just ignored it.

"And one more thing, you will have to get check ups and stuff okay? And I will be prescribing you medicines for you to take." he added.

"But hyung--"

"No buts. Since you're not taking the operation, you have to take some medicines okay?" he said and I just nodded.

"Thank you hyung." I said again.

"It's only this once Kibum."

 

--END OF FLASHBACK--

 

I took a lungful of air and sighed. "Hyung. I'm dying. You know that right?" I told him with a soft voice.

"You're not Kibum. I told you. Just take the operation." he said.

"Hyung. You of all people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter