7. The Search.

Haunted Mansion

A/N: Hey guys! I am so sorry for not updating this story anymore! Life and School chaught up with me and gave me no time and inspiration to write and post.
But I'll try everything to get this story back up running, and it's sequal as well!
Once again sorry, and please do enjoy <3!


Chapter 7.

The Search.

 

- Sungmin's P.O.V. -

 

“Any clue where your brother could be?” Kyuhyun asked and he sounded as worried as I felt at the moment. We walked through the hall without goal. Well yeah, finding Donghae but we had no clue where he could be. The place was huge and it was difficult to just run into someone accidently.

Suddenly I stopped walking. Maybe I díd have a clue.

“Do you know by accident where Donghae kissed a mirror? Since you can monitor so much,” I asked and he started to laugh, I couldn’t help but to smile a bit myself as well.

“Yes I know where it is since Eunhyuk was way too happy after that 'kiss' so we keep bulling him with it,” Kyuhyun laughed and I chuckled a bit. Donghae wouldn't shut up about it either.

“That's evil.. But fun. We should have done that too. There is a big chance he is in that room again, hoping to see Eunhyuk,” I explained so now Kyuhyun was leading the way to a different place.

Somehow this whole thing made me feel like we were in a movie. Trying to save the innocent people while running for the bad guy, well murderer. Unfortunately it wasn’t a movie and people, more specific his family and loved ones, could get seriously hurt or even end up dead.

The moment we walked around the corner I felt a hard push in my back and a door shutting behind me.

 

What was that about? What was Kyuhyun doing?

I was about to yell at Kyuhyun when I heard a voice. And I was sure it wasn't Kyuhyuns voice, which did made me nervous for a reason.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, sir?” I heard Kyuhyun reply. Wondering if he was only this mannered to guests. The thing was, it was clearly not someone from his family. But it did sound like a guest. That did mean that it had to be..

I swallowed hard and could only pray that Kyu would be careful!

“Are you one of the staff members?” a low voice asked.

“I am sir,” Kyuhyun replied and I tried to keep myself calm. Calm enough to run out of the room and drag Kyuhyun away.

“I had a little question about the other family staying here,”

“I'll try to answer it best as possible,”

“Do you know by any chance the name of their youngest son?” I gasped but quickly covered my mouth to make sure they didn't hear me.

But why was I so right that he was indeed looking for Ryeowook? Sometimes I did want to be wrong, especially in situations like that. All I could do now was just pray Kyuhyun wouldn’t say it.

Only that.. Kyuhyun doesn't know that the male is not only a murderer but also Ryeowook’s father.

“I might have heard the name Dongjoon.. But I'm not quite sure sir,” Kyuhyun replied and I dared to breathe again.

“Alright, thanks for your time,” I heard him say before I heard him walking away, at least that was the guess I made.

When I heard no more steps Kyuhyun opened the door again. I dashed forward and hugged him tightly.

“Why does he wants to know Ryeowook's name? Is it the same reason why you needed to find him in such hurry?” he whispered in my ear.

Well you never know who's listening. Especially in this hotel. But I better explain it to him now.

“Well you know he had abused a child..” I started, somehow hoping he would guess the rest.

“That kid was Ryeowook? That's horrible,” he said. Horror on his face as I nodded.

“And I'm afraid that he broke lose to kill him. He also killed his wife, Ryeowooks mother, and like two other people...” I continued and by the look in his eyes he shared that thought.

“Well than we better hurry up and find Donghae,” he said. I grabbed his hand before we started to run again.

 

It didn't took us too long to find the right room. Not bothering to knock I just stormed in to the room.

“Sungmin!”

“Kyuhyun!”

Came two replies. One from Donghae sitting in front of a big mirror. And the other from the man in the mirror, which I guessed was Eunhyuk.

“Hae, just come with us now, Ryeowook needs us badly,” I said wanting to drag him with us right now. Donghae on the other hand looked in the mirror.

“Hyukkie, you also better come to our 'kids' room.” Kyuhyun said. Donghae and I had no clue where he what he was talking about, but apparently it was clear for Eunhyuk. Since he nodded and disappeared, and with that also Hae's smile.

I couldn't help it but to give Kyuhyun a meaningful glance.

“You'll see him soon alright?” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Now come and hurry,” I said offering my hand, which he took.

 

Even though we were running it still took us a while before Kyuhyun stopped in front of a room.

Well a room impossible to find for a guests unless you could follow one of the members. And I will never be able to find it again without one.

Kyuhyun opened the door and the room made me smile.

Just because it looked normal for a change. And probably because of a few stuffed bunnies on the TV.

“KYUHYUN! What the hell are you doing? Guests are not allowed here!” I heard Siwon say and when I looked at him I saw that he had two normal arms. Not only one and form the other end dripping blood.

“Wait.. He-he's not missing an arm..? And.. And you don't live in a mirror?” Donghae asked totally confused after spotting a totally normal and healthy Siwon and Eunhyuk.

“This is réálly important hyung, have you seen Yesung-hyung?” Kyuhyun ignored Donghae and asked Siwon if Yesung, and that also meant Ryeowook, where here.

“Yes and he álso brought a guest. Which is against the rules and you know that,” Siwon explaimed with an angry face.

Than another door opened and Yesung and Ryeowook came in.

I let go of Kyuhyun and hugged Ryeowook whom was in a horrible state.

When Donghae saw this he forgot about the apparently normal family and hugged Ryeowook from the other side.

“Kyuhyun, what is going on, why are they here? You were allowed to tell Sungmin, not the others,” Kibum asked. I looked up at Kyu whom looked at me.

“Do you want to tell it?” he asked me, probably thinking Ryeowook couldn't talk right now. I looked at Ryeowook again.

“Shall I tell it?” I asked, but he shook his head. He wiped his tears away.

“I'll tell it myself,” he whispered.

The three of us settle down on a couch.

Kyuhyun sat down next to me on the arm rest.

The rest of his family stopped with what they were doing and looked up. So in total there were eight kids wanted to hear Ryeowook's story.

“Well it is obvious that Kang-In and Lee Teuk aren't my real parents,” Ryeowook started.

He sounded sure about his story even though he looked like he could cry again any moment.

“But for as long as I can remember my real parents always fought with each other. First it was only with words, but later also physically,” he continued.

I noticed he started to cry again. I hold him tight so he could continue with his story.

“I was four when hitting each other wasn't enough for my father. So instead of taking his anger on my mother, he would hit me. First it wasn't that bad. He hit the back of my head or my behind. But later it became worse and worse,” he told us. I had heard the story before from my parents.

Ryeowook did have a lot of nightmares when he just came to live with us and I never forget the first times I saw the scars his father had left on his skin.

Even now, probably since he was remembering everything, he was a bit shaky again. And holding on to my hand so tight I was afraid he would bruise it.

 

“It only stopped when I was six. My teacher had noticed that I had a lot of bruises. Almost impossible to get by falling. Child protection came. My father went to prison and I was taken away from my mother.

The people from Child Protection knew Kang-In and Lee Teuk since they helped at the orphanage where they had adopted Sungminnie-hyung and Donghae-hyung and asked if they wanted a third child. First they said that two was enough, but after hearing what happened they adopted me too,” Ryeowook said smiling a bit.

When our parents told us they did adopt another child, Donghae and I first didn't like it.

Well two was enough otherwise we needed to share the attention even more. But after hearing the story and meeting the little Ryeowook we directly acted like his older brothers, it was just.. Natural.

“At that time I only heard that my father got charged but nothing more.. Until a few hours ago when I first heard a certain name, you guys talking about it, and then what he had done to my real mother and three other persons,” Ryeowook finished and was crying again.

“What? So Kim Junbae is your father?” Eunhyuk asked, looking just as shocked as the rest of his family, with exception of Kyuhyun and Yesung.

“So that's why he is here and staying here for his own safety. We don't want Junbae anywhere close to him and he probably isn't able to find this room,” Kyuhyun made clear why we came here.

“But his parents will worry if he is here without their knowing,” Siwon said.

“Well than we need to inform their and also our parents don't you think?” Yesung simply replied.

“Eunhyuk, can't you do it through the mirror? Than all of us are staying here until he finds this place then we need to move,” Kyuhyun questioned Eunhyuk.

 

“I don't want to put all of you in danger,” Ryeowook whispered, crying softly. I kissed him on top of his head.

“Don't worry about us okay? As long as your safe we'll be alright too, alright?” I whispered back.

“It's eight against one, we won't let him comer near,” I heard Yesung above us say. His hands rested on Ryeowook's shoulders to comfort him.

“Thanks,” he whispered to both of us.

Now we needed to hope that Junbae won't find us.

 

- End Sungmin's P.O.V. -

 

 

- Kang-In's P.O.V. -

 

The moment we found the room of our kids empty, my worries doubled. We walked back outside again, standing restless in the hall.

“Where will we find them, this place is huge,” Lee Teuk said worried.

Ever since we first came here all kind of troubles showed up. But now for the first time I got the feeling that the family was at our side, not against us.

Since not only our, but also their children were in danger.

“Let's ask Shindong first maybe he has seen the kids,” Heechul suggested and led the way to another side of the house. In front of a door we stopped and Heechul knocked on the door.

“Shindong!” he yelled. We waited for an answer but it didn't come.

I got a bit impatient and just burst into the room, almost taking the door with me in the progress.

But unfortunately the room was empty.

“Where ís everybody?” I murmured since we haven't seen anyone on our way to here either. And that's weird since we crossed half of the mansion.

“Let's try the living- and dinning room and the kitchen. Those are the places with the highest possibility to find someone,” Han Geng suggested this time and we walked downstairs.

 

It was a bitter pill to find the living room and dining room totally empty and made my worries increase, if that is still possible.

There should be eight, hyper children running around here. Or in the mirror, stumbling or limping or whatever.. But there should be at least something going on.. But instead it was quiet, way to quiet.

We ran towards the kitchen and we got lucky! Someone was there.

But it was a bit of a disappointment for me to find out it was Shindong and not one of our children.

“Yah, Shindong. Have you seen any of our kids? I mean ours, yours, theirs.. Any of them?” Heechul asked. Shindong looked up from whatever he was eating.

“No not since dinner, why?” he asked.

I heard a soft cry from my left and saw Lee Teuks worried face. I pulled him closer to comfort him.

“You heard about our new guest right? Well he is a child  abuser and a murderer! I don't want my kids anywhere near him!” Heechul explained in an unbelievably fast pace.

Shindong on the other hand directly stopped with eating and stood up.

“Why are we still standing here?” he wondered.. Good question.

“Where could they possibly be?” Han Geng formed the question bugging all of us.

“Have you checked if that murderer is still in his room? Only if he is away it's time to panic,” Shindong reasoned out.

Luckily at least one of us was using his brains. Han Geng led the way again and we followed closely.

 

When we arrived at the right room, me and Lee Teuk hid behind the corner. It would be weird if we showed up at his door. Later we were joined by Han Geng and Shindong.

Heechul knocked on the door.

No respond.

He knocked again..

But again no respond.

So he knocked again a few times and then tried to open the door himself, without success.

“Just let me try it,” I said walking towards Heechul. It was all taking way too long and I couldn’t stand it anymore.

I basically ran against the door so it would open, and of course it did.

Strength didn't solve everything, but being strong is still useful.

I walked into the room and Heechul followed me.

“, he's not here,” he cursed and turned around.

I got the urge to break something, but the thought of the kids in danger stopped me, first we needed to find them. I ran after Heechul.

“How are eight kids and one man impossible to find!” Han Geng murmured fustrated.

“That's it!” Heechul said and started to run again.

We ran after him no clue where we went this time.

“Chullie! Where are you going?” Han Geng asked while running.

“The control room!” came the reply. The what?

“Of course, smart thing Chullie,” Han Geng said but I had no idea what was so smart about it. What did the control room even mean?

 

It didn't took long or we arrived in a room quite different from all the others. Especial on the inside.

A lot of monitors, really old ones, where they could look at a lot of places in the hotel.

“You haven't really monitored everything we do in the bedroom right?” I wondered a bit nervous. I heard Heechul laugh a bit.

“No only the halls, public rooms and so called 'prank rooms'.. But one of the nine people should be seen on there I hope,” Han Geng explained and I dared to breathe again.

I moved next to my Teukie and hold his hand. Normally I would  say 'for his comfort' but maybe, just maybe, I needed it myself too.

 

“This is really impossible,” I heard Han Geng murmur. Somehow I knew I wasn't going to like whatever he was going to say.

“What is impossible?” Lee Teuk asked with a small voice holding on to my hand even tighter.

“I can't find ány of them. None of them are in the halls, public rooms or in the prank rooms. That's.. That's almost impossible since we are talking about nine people here,” he answered.

“The last time we couldn't find someone it was Lee Teuk, since he was outside at that time,” Shindong said but the moment he said it, it gave me an idea.

“Maybe they are all outside too this time?” I tried. Well you never know right?

“Well... Let's go and find out,” Han Geng stood up and led the way.

“APPA!”

wait, what was that?

“APPA! UMMA!”

The five of us stopped and looked around in the hope to find one of the kids.

“Here in the mirror!” What? In the mirror?

I looked around and now I saw it. In the mirror you could see a child. Probably the same as our kids have talked about before.

“Eunhyuk! Thank god dear! Are you alright?” Heechul asked while he and Han Geng walked towards the mirror.

Apparently he was one of their children, and it was totally normal that they talked through mirrors? And then complaining they didn't have a working phone?

“Yeah I'm fine.. Why are you in such hurry?” he asked.

“Because all of you are lost! You, your brothers, your nephews and Lee Teuk's and Kang-In's sons too!”

“None of them are lost, That's why I'm here,”

“Wait, what do you mean?” I interrupted the mother-son conversation. What did he mean with the fact that none of them are lost?

“You can't find all the kids because all of us are in the 'kids' room. There is no camera there. Also Lee Teuk and Kang-In's kids, they are here too,” he continued to talk to his parents.

“Why are you all in there?” Shindong wondered. To be honest I only understood half of the conversation.. But somehow it sounded like our children were safe. That was the most important thing right now.

 

“Because we thought it was smart to hide from Kim Junbae and to protect Ryeowook from him,” Eunhyuk answered. I understood the first part.. But why only protecting Ryeowook from Kim Junbae?  There were more children..

Wait.. That name is familiar, and that's because....

I knew for sure that my heart stopped beating for a second and I froze on my place.

I only moved again when I saw how Lee Teuk was about to collapse. I pulled him closer and he grabbed me tight.

“Why.. Why Kang-in? Does he also wants to kill Ryeowook?” Lee Teuk cried softly.

I tried to calm him but it was hard since I rather wanted to cry myself too.

“I don't get it?” Heechul wondered.

“Kim Junbae is Ryeowooks real father. Ryeowook is that abused child,” I whispered and saw the shock on their face.

Then suddenly we heard a lot of footsteps. Things falling and people yelling.

“He's here!” we heard someone scream and Eunhyuk looked scared around. And the only thing the five of us could do was to stare and to guess what was going on in there.

“Eunhyuk! Come on, let's go!” we heard a second voice, to unclear to recognize.

“What's going on?” Han Geng asked with a worried voice.

“Junbae.. He, he found our place.. He, he,” was the last we heard before Eunhyuk disappeared.

A few seconds in utterly silence passed while all five of us stood there, staring shocked at the mirror.

“AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”

A loud scream was heard and it gave me goosebumps.

It came from downstairs and with one look at each other, all five parents started to run.

Praying the children were safe.

 


A/N: How was it? I'll try my very best to post the next chapter soon to not keep you waiting! <3