5

1-4-3
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The bell rang for recess. 

Suprisingly, Haerin is the first one running towards the door. *What's gotten into her?* Serri wondered as she stood up from her seat. She exited the class and ran all the way to Chen's class. Which is just located in the second floor of the building.

Serri poked her head inside the class and looked around the classroom.

"Oh! Chen's friend! Are you looking for him?" Minsol the name of the boy as printed on his name tag approached her.

"Yes. Do you know where he went?"

Minsol sratched his head as his eyebrows knitted in the middle, "Maybe he went to the soccer field. He was very quiet this morning."

"Oh. Thank you." She smiled gratefully.

She sighed as she reach near the soccer field. She saw nothing but a green view in front of her. She was about to left the place when she spotted a tree where Chen was leaning his back againts it. She thought about not to disturb him or she will just approach him silently. 

"Jong-"

"Chen-ssi! I bought my lunch box today. Do you want to eat together with me?" 

*Haerin?* Chen beamed up to her as she sat beside him. Strange. They just met yesterday and they were this close?

"Oi! Oi! Kim Jongdae!" She shouted. Chen widenen his eyes and quickly hide behind Haerin. Serri put her hands on her hips with her eyebrow slightly up, "Yah, why are you here? You didn't pick up any of my calls last night."

Chen look at Haerin for any suitable answer. "Yah! Answer me!" Serri pulled his ear and he begged for her to let him go. Haerin tried to calm them both but since Serri refuse to let him go, she just watch with a worried expression. Serri realized his cheek and lips are purple and finally release him.

"Your face.. What happened?" Serri cupped his face. Chen squirmed uncomfortably at her touch.

"I fell downstairs.." He whispered and Haerin sighed in relief. Serri didn't believe him at first but slowly she put her hands down and asked, "Why didn't you tell me that it was hurt this bad?"

"I don't want to worry you." Chen answered with a grin. Serri elbowed him, "Okay.. I thought you are mad at me."

"Honestly, I'm mad at you! If you come over to my house yesterday, this wouldn't happen!" He scowled as he rubbed his cheek.

Haerin coughed and both of them turned to her way. "Don't mind me." She firmly said.

"Oh.. I shouldn't interupt you guys." Serri gave Chen a long last look before reluctanly leaving the place. 

Haerin scotted closer to him and opened her lunch box, "Wah! So many!" Chen exclaimed as his eyes scanned the food. 

"To repay you for last night." She told him. 

"I don't know why you helped me last night. I thought I was going to beaten up by those guys but when you suddenly showed up from somewhere.. It would be nice if I could repay you like this. I like guys who are brave enough to protect a girl." 

"Really?" Chen asked with wide eyes. She beamly nodded. 

"Hurry up and lets eat." She held out the kimbap and Chen willingly opened his mouth.

"It is good?" 

Chen nodded and put two thumbs up. 

*

The bell rang indicating school session has ended for today.

Before Haerin rose up from her seat, Serri called her out, "Haerin!" Haerin turned to her with expressionless face, "Yes?"

Serri sheepishly rub her neck and asked, "Jongdae.. How did you guys suddenly become close?" 

Haerin took a long pause and spoke out, "We.. Bump into each other at Happy Mart yesterday. Why?"

Please log in to read the full chapter