3

1-4-3
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Mom! I'm home!" Serri hollored at the front door. Two little kids came to her and started to running around her.

"Oh Serri-ah!" Her mom caught her wrist and brought her into the living room.

"Who are they?" Serri pointed at the little kids.

"That is your cousin! Oseong and Haenum!" Her mom exclaimed. Serri made a face, "They grew up so fast." 

"Serri-ah!" Her aunts and uncles surrounded her right away. They praise her about her height and how beautiful she became now.

"How's school?" One of her uncles asked.

"Fine as always." She replied with a smile.

"Are you still friends with the brat?" Her uncle with the glasses lean in and whispered to her. Serri gulped. Chen was well known as a prankster in their old hometown. There was one time when her uncle was sleeping on his favorite arm chair and he couldn't get up from his seat because of the strong glue Chen had apply on it.

"Emm.. He moved.. Last year!" Serri lied. All of them stared at her but eventually laugh.

"Ahh! Serri, you still haven't change don't you." Serri chuckled nervously and excused herself to change her school uniform before joining them. She was about to go upstairs when someone block her path.

"Excuse me." She looked up to locked eyes with familiar looking pair of eyes. Those pair of eyes she met 6 years ago. 

"Hey Serri. Do you still remember me?"

"Minseok oppa?" He smiled like he knew that Serri would probably recognize him. Serri warily stepped back.

"Um.. May-"

"Oh sorry. I was just roaming around this house. You look different." He honestly said. 

"Yeah." She went passed him and quickly shuffled inside her room. That was the most embarassing reunion she had with him. She messes up her hair in frustration and then sighed. She shook the thoughts away as she went straight for a shower. Maybe a shower could relax her mind a little bit. After all, she need to face him. 

Two hours left before dinner start. Her relatives may be partying downstairs without her now. Serri locked herself inside her room. She was too scared to come downstairs. 

Facing the Minseok was more horror than facing the elders.

She saw a box on top of the bookshelf and she went to reach it. It was a very special box contains her dairy, Chen's friendship card and of course her pictures when she was little. She blows the dust away and sat on her bed. She opened the box and the first thing she saw was a clover, still perfectly in a good condition with her initials and Chen's written on it.

Chen gave it to her before she move into this neighourhood. He promise that he will meet her again. He granted his promise by transferring to the same Elementary School with her. Serri never thought she was able to see him again.

Flashback

The sound of crying become more clearer as he slowly walked towards the tree. 

*I hope it is a ghost!* He hopefully thought. But to his surprise, it was the girl he always tease because her hair looks like a crazy woman crying over a dead goldfish in her hands. 

*Oh man. I thought it was a ghost.* He spun around  to leave the place when a creep thought suddenly emerges inside his mind. What if a kidnapper tries to kidnap her and he will be the one who take full responsible for it? He quickly shook the thoughts away as her strode towards her.

She was sobbing and muttering something, "Why do you have to die?"

"Don't cry. I don't like to see a woman cry because of something useless. If its already gone, face the fact it is gone." 

"Useless? My goldfish is not useless! It's a precious gift  from my grandpa!" Her voice trail off for a little. Chen bite his bottom lip and the only way to console her is; speaking nicely to her. 

"Listen kid, my mom used to have problem like you too. My dad left us and mom cried for the rest of the week. She forgot that she still have a kid that will fill the empty space in her heart." Chen sounded chessy at the moment. 

"God will return you something even bigger." He added.

Serri looked away, feeling ashame how hideous her face now because of crying earlier. 

"Anyway, how did your goldfish died?" 

"I forgot to feed it 2 days ago because I was angry." 

Chen want to hol

Please log in to read the full chapter