O8 - Park Chanyeol

Miracles in December (An EXO Christmas Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


You slid down the door to your apartment's entrance, sobbing wildly as tears continuously fell. Your boyfriend has accused you of cheating on him with your best friend, Chanyeol. You were angry he never trusted you enough to have accused you of such an absurd thing. You and Chanyeol have been best friends since diapers, how could you be cheating on him with the best friend you've known your whole life?

That alone hurts, but what hurts the most was that your boyfriend used that excuse to dump you when actually he was the one who cheated on you. You guys have been going out for only 4 months and a bit more, you found out he had been seeing another girl behind your back all along. You knew he used to be a playboy but he promised you that he's a changed man when he asked you to be his girl.

And now, how dare he accuses you of cheating when he is the one doing it all along?! Using that as an excuse just to break up with you, you have never been this hurt in your entire life and you have never met a guy as obnoxious as him. 

With trembling hands, you reached for your phone and dialed Chanyeol's number. You couldn't even form coherent words during the call, you only sobbed and struggled to breathe. Without anything said, your best friend only hastily tells you that he'll be at your place right away.

 

After what felt like forever, you heard knocking on the door behind you. Picking yourself up, you sluggishly unlocked the door. The moment you saw Chanyeol's face, you burst into tears and fell into his arms. He caught you tightly and wrapped his long arms around your petite frame, constantly rubbing your arms, in hopes of making you feel better. 

After your sobs slowed down to a stop, you pulled away and wiped away your tears while mumbling an apology for soaking his coat. He chuckled and locked your front door as you sauntered to your living room and plopped onto the couch. Chanyeol walked over to you after hanging his coat and kneeled down in front of you, pulling you to sit up straight so that you were face to face with him. 

He placed his palms on your cheeks, "So, tell me, what's wrong?" he asked softly. You bit onto your lower lip as you felt it quiver, you were pretty sure you're going to burst into another round of tears. Seeing that, he sighed and settled down beside you on the couch instead. Wordlessly, he pulled you into his chest as you buried your face there and cried while wrapping your arms around his torso.

"Just tell me whenever you're ready to. I'm always here, and you know that." he patted your arms reassuringly and your hair as he felt you sob against his chest. His heart ached to see you like this. Chanyeol had a lot of female friends but he did not care for them the way he did for you. He always had a soft spot for you that he was unaware of until you had started dating that douchebag you call a boyfriend. The scum said he's changed to be with you, but Chanyeol knew somehow that he's lying. But seeing you happy, Chanyeol never had the heart to tell you about it.

Realising his feelings for you, he only continued to be the friend that he is to you for all these years and kept silent about how he felt as you already have a boyfriend and will never look at Chanyeol in any other way besides a good friend. 

 

After what seemed like hours of crying, you took a deep breath and stared up at Chanyeol tearfully. He smiled softly at you and wiped the remnant of tears on your cheeks away with his thumb. You didn't understand why, but that simple gesture warmed your heart. Your lips twitched as you smiled back at him. Wiping your nose and sniffling, you sat up straight and faced Chanyeol, ready to tell him how your boyfriend just dumped you.

"Jonghyun came by this morning..." You started shakily, Chanyeol tensed at the name of your boyfriend. Without himself knowing it, his fists were clenched tightly, knowing that son of a made you so upset. You closed your eyes and continued in a small voice, "He told me that he wanted to break up because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter