O6 - Byun Baekhyun

Miracles in December (An EXO Christmas Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears started to form in your eyes as you frustratingly threw a pillow away. You were supposed to be spending Christmas Eve in your boyfriend's hometown with his family but you got sick and had no choice but to be stuck at home. You looked forward to this day for a long time but then you just had to be sick at this time. You and your boyfriend, Baekhyun, had been together for half a year now and you have promised his parents to meet them on Christmas Eve over a phone call a week ago when Baekhyun thought he was ready to bring you home to meet his family. 

His mother already liked you even though it was only a very short conversation consisting of you introducing yourself and Baekhyun's mother constantly asking if her son took good care of you, as she mentioned that you were the first girl that he decided to take home to his family. It was sweet, really, knowing that you were the first to be that girl to Baekhyun. You thought he was something special too, different from other guys, he was very real. You were beyond glad to acknowledge the fact that he felt the same about you, or probably even more. 

To love a person with all your heart, and having them love you back equally is the best thing that any person can ever experience. You know that it's only been half a year with him and that there was still a long way for the two of you but he was the one, you just knew it. He cared about you like no one ever did before. Your parents have met him and approved of him as soon as they saw the way he looked at you. Your parents never liked all your exes but it was the first time they happily accepted a boy in your life. This made you think that he was the one as you know what they say? Your parents can always tell who is good and bad for you before you do.

So since you would not be able to make it to the dinner, you insisted that Baekhyun returned to spend the night back in his hometown with his family at least. You felt bad enough that you couldn't go as promised, you still wanted his parents to get to spend Christmas with their son. It was the least that you can do since you couldn't show up yourself. 

You sniffed and checked your phone, hoping to receive a message from your boyfriend to inform you that he has boarded his train already. Only to find nothing but a message from your mother telling you to have some rest and get better if you still want to at least spend Christmas with your own famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter