O5 - Zhang Yixing

Miracles in December (An EXO Christmas Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were texting your boyfriend while crossing the busy streets. The heavy downpour had only ended for a bit and it had left all the road everywhere wet and slippery. Caution signs were placed here and there to prevent accidents from happening. But unfortunately, the ignorant you were still oblivious to your surrounding and texted away.

Not being aware of the rainy seasons these days, you wore your usual rubber slippers which weren't as slip-resistant as preferred and didn't think much of it. You giggled without bothering to apologise to the people you have accidentally bumped into while reading your boyfriend's silly reply.

You were asking him to suggest you some ideal Christmas presents to be gifted to his family and friends but all he did was reply to you with dorky and nonsensical messages. But you didn't mind, you loved the witty side of Lay. 

After crossing the wet and busy street, being still on your phone, you didn't notice the pavement there and tripped over it. Your body landed on the soaking ground as your phone flew ahead. You gasped and watched as your phone screen turned black, "My phone!" you cried and tried to stand up but then realised that your right ankle was twisted and winced when you saw your left knee bloodied. 

You sat still and didn't dare move when your head started spinning for some reason and you started seeing white. Your vision slowly turned black as every sound around you was starting to block out. You heard the voice of an elderly yell as you collapsed onto the cold, hard floor. 

 

Groaning in terrible pain, you slowly opened your eyes and held onto your throbbing head. You tried sitting up and struggled a bit with it as your legs were giving you problems, it hurt with every little movement. Your eyes rounded in surprise when you found a sleeping Lay next to you on a very uncomfortable-looking chair. 

You then glanced around the room to realise that you were in a hospital. You then found your phone on the table beside the bed with a cracked screen, but it was still usable. You sighed deeply and that woke Lay from his not-so-lovely sleep. 

"You're awake!" he exclaimed and wrapped his long arms around you. You immediately felt comforted being in his warm arms. "Yeah, how did I get here?" you asked after taking a whiff of the hoodie he was wearing and smiled when his scent was all you could smell. 

He gently pulled away, sliding his hands from your shoulder down to grab your small hands in his and rubbed your knuckles affectionately, placing a small kiss onto it. His every action made your heart flutter and you could never explain the warm, fuzzy feeling he gave you all the time.

"I got worried when you stopped replying to my messages and so I called. An old lady picked up your phone and nearly had me a heart attack when she told me you were in the hospital. I was so scared something really bad happened to you. You do kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter