Pick up Courage or Leave

KnockKnock

Sandeul

After about 12 hours of sleep, me and my head felt much better. For the whole day I got calls from Jinyoung and Baro probably to know if I was okay but I wasn’t in the mood to talk to any of them. I just spent the day in my room doing this and that. Sometimes passing the mirror and staring at me for a while. I couldn’t say if I was pretty or handsome. I couldn’t say if I was a person that Baro could like.

After a few other thoughts like these I realized that I probably knew a lot less about Baro than he knew about me but I didn’t know if I was ready to change that…

 

Baro

I hated him for not answering the phone and not replying to messages but thanks to his parents I at least knew that he was fine.

I was curious about the following Monday because in the end we hadn’t really fought out the friendship-topic. After Jinyoung’s call I had carried Sandeul home. He roughly protested but he was too tired to beat my strength so in the end he even fell asleep in my arms.

The traces of tears had been still glittering on his cheeks but it only made him look more beautiful. After all, to me, Sandeul was the most beautiful person I knew. Concerning his appearance but also inwardly. Sandeul had the most beautiful character I ever knew…

 

Sandeul

Finally Monday came and at first I wanted to just stay at home and simulate an illness but then  I decided to just be strong and bear it and I decided to….rely on my decision that I didn’t want to be friends with Baro anymore.

From this day on we would be strangers. Strangers that once had a past together, but still...strangers.

 

Baro

Sandeul spent the day as if I didn’t even exist. During lunch break he sat down next to Jinyoung at the opposite of me. That gesture was pretty obvious.

“Uhm, Sandeul, Gongchan actually wanted to sit there.” Jinyoung said.

“It won’t kill him to sit next to Baro today.” He said and Jinyoung looked at him surprised.

“It won’t kill you neither.” I mumbled while taking a bite from my sandwich. Jinyoung had heard me mumble and asked:

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” I said and shrugged my shoulders. I looked at Sandeul to find any clue in case he had heard what I had said but he just sat there, locking straight forward, eating his sandwich as if he was a robot.

When I looked at his sandwich I noticed that the tomatoes were still there. He usually always gave me the tomatoes because I liked them so much and because he himself didn’t like them that much…

Don’t people say:

“Opposites attract”?....

 

Sandeul

The next two days we spent like we had spent Monday and it was definitely noticeable in the atmosphere when we were sitting at our lunch table.

This time Gongchan asked me to switch places because he wanted to sit next to Jinyoung and I agreed. When I sat down next to Baro I mumbled:

“Can’t you sit down at another table?”

 

Baro

“Can’t you sit down at another table?” Sandeul mumbled. Although it was a mumble it was loud enough for everyone at our table to hear. I looked at him hurt but then got up.

“Fine. If that’s what makes you happy!” I said and took my plate to go look for another table. I felt weird. I felt sad and I felt disappointed.

Why did he have to do this to me?!

 

Sandeul

I continued eating but I felt Jinyoung and Gongchan staring at me. After a while it started to annoy me so I looked up and asked:

“What is it?”

“Do I really have to explain that to you?” Jinyoung said. He sounded upset. I felt a little bit pouty.

“What the hell was that? He’s our friend, why did you do that?” he asked.

“He’s your friend, but not mine!”

“What? He was your friend first! How can you say something like that?! That’s not the Sandeul I know!”

I looked down at my food. I felt ashamed and angry.

“You know what? Since you’re the on who has got a problem, YOU should be the one to leave! I’m going to bring back Baro to our table now and when I return you either left or you picked up courage okay?” he said. It felt awful to be insulted by someone you know for so long but I wasn’t ready to give in so I left the table, leaving behind my best friends only because of my pride…

 

Baro

I returned to our table with Jinyoung and saw that Sandeul wasn’t there anymore. Jinyoung let out a “tzze”-sound and said:

“He’ll come back when he’s ready and came back to his senses!”

It wasn’t the same without Sandeul and I badly hoped that everything would get back to normal again but I didn’t know how to start that...