Goosebumps

KnockKnock

Sandeul

When I slowly woke up, I felt like I had done the Olympic Games for a whole week, I felt so exhausted. I looked around without moving and noticed that this wasn’t my room. Then I thought that it must be Jinyoung’s room…but then I remembered how Jinyoung’s room looked like and this definitely wasn’t his room. I recognized a leg being tangled around me from behind, so I carefully turned around and saw Baro sleeping. First I shocked, but then I remembered what had happened, or at least parts of it. I was too tired to get up and too lazy to shove Baro’s leg away so I stayed like this, with half-opened eyes, watching Baro. His blonde hair was a little bit messed up, but his sleeping face looked peaceful.

After a while Baro woke up. He looked as confused as I probably did, when he opened his eyes. He took away his leg and rubbed his eyes. We both sat up. My head hurt. Too much alcohol!

Baro yawned, pushed away the blanket and got up without a word. Then he took my hand and pulled me up. He held my hand and led me downstairs to the kitchen. He didn’t seem to be a morning person. When we entered the kitchen, he spoke his first words to me:

“Coffee?” he asked.

“Yes, please!” I answered and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs.

“Why did I end up here? Didn’t you want to walk me home?” I said after a while, while Baro was filling the coffee into two cups and giving one to me.

“Thanks…” I mumbled and waited for his answer, while carefully trying to cool down my coffee by blowing.

“You don’t remember?” he asked.

“Well, I remember a lot, but not everything!”

“…You forgot where you live, because you were too drunk, so I brought you here…”

“HONESTLY?” I asked and almost spilled my coffee. Baro nodded, while taking a sip of his coffee. I burst out laughing.

“Wow, I guess I’ve never been THAT drunk.” I said.

“Do you remember where you live now?” he asked. I thought for a moment.

“Yep. The memory’s back!” I said and laughed.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Baro asked.

“I’m fine with whatever! As long as it’s eatable!” I said and Baro laughed. He finally seemed to really wake up.

“Can I shower first?” I asked, hoping to not sound impolite by asking a guy I knew for a week or something if I could shower at his house.

“Of course. Upstairs, left door! There are enough towels, so just take them…Do you want clean clothes?”, he answered.

“Yes, please!” I said.

“Just take any from my cupboard!” he said.

“Okay.” I answered and left, while he was starting to prepare breakfast.

 

Baro

I didn’t know what Sandeul liked, so I kind of prepared a little bit of everything, and set the table. When Sandeul returned, I saw him wearing a huge pink sweater of mine and a pair of sweatpants. It looked totally adorable. His wet hair was falling in wisps on his face. His eyes widened when he saw the set table.

“WOW!” he said and sat down.

“Did you do all of this?” he asked.

“Yes!” I answered proudly.

“Awesome!” he said. I sat down too and we started eating…

 

Sandeul

After breakfast, I had helped Baro cleaning up the kitchen, although I was still very tired…

“You’re hair’s still wet. You’ll catch a cold!” he said when we were going upstairs.

“Sit down on the bed!” he called while leaving for the bathroom. He returned with a hairdryer in his hands. I looked up and was about to reach out my hand for the hairdryer, but Baro sat down behind me and the hairdryer and started drying my hair. Again and again he ran his fingers through my hair. I got goosebumps and closed my eyes and just enjoyed it. It felt like he was drying my hair with that warm breeze of air for an eternity. Again and again it sent shivers down my spine, how the air hit my skin and how his fingers touched my hair. I smiled to myself. When he abruptly turned off the hairdryer, I opened my eyes in disappointment. I turned around and smiled at him.

“Thank you…” I said. He smiled, too and said:

“No problem!”

Then he put back the hairdryer and we spent the rest of the day, watching movies on his bed, because we were both so tired.

 

Baro

Sandeul’s head sank down on my shoulder. I looked aside to him and smiled at his funny face. I leaned my head on his and we both fell asleep again. I thought that this day had helped us a lot in our still awkward way of friendship…