Welcome to... Part 1

Welcome to Exotic Beauty

Chapter 2

You took in a deep breath and forced yourself through the doors of Exotic Beauty, scrunching your face as people *mostly women* looked at you with awe, that’s weird.  You sighed and rolled your eyes as you walked over to the front desk, placing your black leather cover elbows on it and leaned forward.

“Excus…”

“I’m sorry… just hold up for one minute… aish! I can’t believe that guy quit at the last second… I mean seriously,” he turned to you and grabbed your shoulders, “Who does that?!”  He pouted and looked like he was on the verge to cry; you lifted an eyebrow and pressed the wrinkles that were forming in-between his eyebrows, “Don’t do that… you’ll get wrinkles.”  Okayyy, I think I spend way too much time with Ji Na. 

The man blinked and then slapped his cheeks, “Omigollygee, How can I do that! Luhannie! Come Here!!”  All of a sudden a pink hair man popped up from behind, “What, Kris… I have to tend to a customer right now, and let me tell you she needs me.”  The man, Kris pouted and pointed in-between his eyebrows, “I need treatment too and fast… this stress is really getting to me, and now I’m forming wrinkles… tell me what to do!”

Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes and as he rolled his eyes he noticed you, “Hi, is there something that you need?”

“You’re supposed to say the motto?!” Kris whined as he pulled out a mirror out of nowhere.  Luhan sighed again and opened his mouth to say something, but you interrupted, “I’m actually wanted to know if you’re hiring… I would like a job.”

Luhan nodded, “Ah, I see… well let me get you…”

“Forget that!” Kris grabbed your hands in his, “You’re hired! You’ll be our lovely receptionist… it will fit you since you’re super cute!!” he pulled you behind the desk and pushed the dumbfounded Luhan away, “It’s very simple…” he was about to explain, but you cut in again.

“I know, I was a secretary before, so doing this is going to be easy.”  Kris gleamed even more and gave you a hug, “Omigollygee! You’re the best!” he let go and observed you up and down, then clapped his hands, “You know what would look great with that outfit… a skull necklace! Let me see if I could find one in my office!”  Did he seriously just skip away? 

“Don’t worry about him; he’s only like that when he’s stressed.”  You turned and face Luhan, who had his hand up, “By the way I’m Luhan, and looks like our assistant manager just hired you, so let’s get along.”  You sighed and shook his hand, “Minwoo.”   Luhan stared at you for a few and then you said, “Don’t you have a customer waiting?”

“O-oh right! See ya later!” he smiled and dashed away.  You turned to front and rested your elbows on the desk, This is going to be harder than I thought. 

 

Ring you looked up as a woman walked up to the counter, “Welcome to Exotic Beauty, where our motto is ‘When you smile the sunshine’s’, how may I help you?” you said, trying not to cringe as you said it.  The woman smiled brightly, “Who are you? Are you new?”  You nodded, “How may I help you?”

“Hmm,” she hummed as she leaned on the counter growing closer to you, “I was stuck between having a facial, and then getting my make-up done, but I don’t know which one I should do.”

“Why don’t you just do both?” you said as you were clearly annoyed.  The girl clapped, “Wah! That’s a perfect idea!  You’re so smart!”  You rolled your eyes and typed, after a few minutes, “When would you like that?”

“I was hoping now,” the woman pouted and squeaked.  You sighed and gave her a glare, “I’m sorry, but we are booked for today, but I think I can squeeze you in tomorrow at this time… would that be ok?”

“C-can’t you see if you can fill me in today?   I have a very important event to attend to.”

“I’m sorry, this is out of my hands, I can’t…”

“I REALLY NEED THIS!” she screamed, hurting you’re eardrums, “JUST KICKED SOMEONE OUT OF THE LIST… I’LL PAY TRIPLE THE PRICE IF I HAVE TO!  GOD! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS EVENT IS AND HOW I NEED TO BE BEAUTIFUL… OF COURSE YOU DON’T I DOUBT YOU EVEN OWN A MIRROR!!”  Really, is she that desperate… Gosh why do I have to deal with this on my first day?

“Calm down, princess.”  You heard a gently voice say as a hand made it to your shoulder, “Just take a seat and relax, and we’ll see if your princes can fill you in.”  The woman sighed and then smiled, “Thank you,” she skipped her way to a seat.

Wow, really… “You must be the new guy Kris hired, I’m Joonmyeon, or Suho as I like to be call, and I’m the manager/ owner of this wonderful place.”  You turned to him and shook his outstretched hand, “Minwoo.”  Suho smiled showing his pearly whites, “Well, although it’s your first day and a little short notice, don’t make any plans for tonight… just stay here, arraseo.”

“Wh…”

“Oh and when a customer ask an appointment for today although it’s book, see if they have time to spare…” with that he left; you sighed and placed your head on the desk, I have to stay after?... wait if I stay after I could go and see… oh perfect. 

“Er… excuse me?”  You lifted your head up at the timid voice, “I-I’m here for my appointment?”  You lifted an eyebrow, “Is that a question?”  The girl turned a tint of pink and shook her head, “A-aniyo sir, i-I have an a-appointment.”  You nodded your head, “Name?”

“M-my name is…” she leaned in a little and cupped her hands around , “Z-Zhang Mi M-Mi.”  You nodded and they typed a few things before you turned back to her, “Ah ne, Zhang Mi Mi for a four o’clock massage.  Just go down the hallway, take a left and the room shall be at your right.”  This is what I get for spending so much time here because of Ji Na… I basically know where every room is.  Mi Mi looked at you confused; you sighed and gave her a blank expression, “Is there something wrong?”  Mi Mi figted a little, “I-I’m kind of… forgetful.”

“Gen wo lai (follow me in mandarin),” you said as you stood up; Mi Mi widened her eyes and smiled, “How did you know I was Chinese?” she asked in mandarin, when you didn’t answer she said, “Do you understand me?

I do… but I don’t talk that much,” you walked away while she followed, “To answer your first question it was your name.”  Mi Mi nodded and happily skipped next to you, “I’m glad, only a few people here understand Chinese fully, you know and none of them work at the front, and I’m still learning Korean, so I’m glad you could speak.”  She’s a talkative one. 

She continued to talk the rest of the walk way; you turned to a door, “Ok, we’re here, have a nice day.”  You turned to leave, but she grabbed your sleeve, “T-thank you.”  You nodded and waited for her to go in before you walked away.

A few hours pass and you felt like death has taken resident in your body.  You had the scariest aura around you as you had to deal with the whiners, the flirters and the most annoying ones the talkers.  You were so glad when Kris put the close sign on; you stood up and stretched with all your might.  “Don’t feel so relieved yet newbie, we all still have to clean, and also we have that welcoming party for you,” Kris wrapped his arm around your shoulder and dragged you to the back.

He pushed you into a room, “Ok, you’ll clean the dance studio with Kai, he barely does any work and I would hate if D.O had to clean up for him again,” he muttered the last part hoping you wouldn’t hear, which you didn’t since you were still having self-pity on yourself.  He smiled, “All you have to do is get the dirty towels from the locker rooms as well as any other washable articles there and take them to the laundry room… don’t worry I’ll be the one washing.  Then you have to clean the floors from all sweat and unspeakables as well as shine the mirrors, ok?”

You lifted an eyebrow and stared at him, “Why does a salon have a dance studio?”  Kris furrowed his eyebrows in thought, “Well, I guess to make us versatile, but anyway Kai is the really tan guy, I’m sure you too will get along just great… bye,” he quickly scurried away.  You sighed and walked over to the locker room that smelt like sweat and desperation.

“Um… who are you?”  You turned around at the voice, and then man smiled, “Oh… I’m sorry, but were closed already and no I don’t give private lesson… wait did you stay here the whole time?”  You sighed and crossed your arms, “I work here… and I’m guessing your name is Kai.”

“You work here?!” he asked completely shocked, “But…”

“Look, I would really like to clean this up and quickly go home so if you would start cleaning the floors I would really appreciate it,” you sighed as you started picking up the dirty towels on the floor, haven’t they even heard of a basket or at least a pile… or better yet take they dirty towels and clean it themselves.  “Okkk, well you can do that and I’ll take a nap in the break room… call me when you’re done,” Kai cooed as he made his way out of the locker room.  Is he f’in serious? 

“YAH!” he yelped as you threw the pile of dirty towels, that you just picked up, at him.  “Well, while you’re going out take these to the laundry, oh and these too,” you threw some unmentionables on the pile in his hands, “Looks like they were leaving you a gift,” you sighed as you threw all the dirty cloths in his arm, while he just stood there shocked.

You clapped your hands together as soon as you finish and looked up at Kai, “I’ll do the floors then… have fun sleeping.”  You walked passed him and left the locker room; Kai snapped out from his daze and his face turned pale, “This is sick… AISH!” he dropped the pile and patted himself down, “This little…” he opened the door, wanting to give you a piece of his mind, but stopped in his tracks, only to watch you wipe down the floor.

He went back to the pile and picked it up, “This will only be once, since you’re cute.” He walked out after one more glance at you.

He went to the laundry room and practically through the cloths in the basket, “Wah! Kai I didn’t expect you to be here… I was right to hire that kid.”  Kai lifted an eyebrow, “So you are the one to hire a girl?”  Kris furrowed his eyebrows, “Kai, Minwoo is not a girl, sure he looks like it, but he just has a very feminine face like half our employees here, trust me… I have a very good guy ared.”

“That cute kid’s a guy! This is like Luhan all over again.” Kai pouted and sluggishly went his way to the break room.  Kris smiled and put the clothes in the laundry, “Minwoo, I’m sure you’ll do great things for this place… I’m such a genus! Especially about the skull necklace!!” he squealed.

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong!! Mian for not updating for quite a while… things been crazy in school and I was sick for a while>.<  But yeah… I hope you enjoy this chapter and hopefully it was worth the wait… honestly I have no idea…. But I hope you do like it and Stay Tuned~(^.^)~

Treat:

tumblr_m2mvjm4Qwy1r44nngo1_500_large.gif  Perfect description of hair, ne?^^