02 - 2

How To Smile

02 – Part 2

“Dongwoo hyung.” Dongwoo stopped in his tracks.

The voice that had called him was firm and strict. It had authority smeared all over it. It wasn’t soft and it wasn’t too rough either – a gesture that showed he wants to talk then and there. Dongwoo sighed as he craned his neck to the back. He closed his eyes and let out a frustrated sigh when he saw the person. Although he wasn’t surprised. He knew he would find him and talk to him face to face sooner or later. Apparently, Myungsoo wanted to talk to him sooner.

“What?” Dongwoo said, now turned fully and hands in his pocket.

“Let’s talk. Now. I’m sure you don’t have any more classes. Neither do I.” The younger said with his intimidating eyes which actually had no effect on Dongwoo.

“Actually I do.” Dongwoo lied easily with his straight face.

Myungsoo felt doubt in what the elder had said. But he also feel that feeling with what he said regarding Dongwoo having no classes. Dongwoo was the type to lie a lot and never get caught considering his straight expression never changed and his eyes remained emotionless. He was the type to actually be able to pull of that unreadable expression with ease and no one would be able to actually read him. He was a closed book and that was something the people around him knew – including Myungsoo.

“What class?” Myungsoo asked after a few moments of searching Dongwoo’s face for something – anything.

“It’s none of your business.” Dongwoo said firmly and left the place, heading towards the academy building.

He knows how lies work. He knows how to not get caught. In this situation, if he were to go back to the dorm Myungsoo would be suspicious. Dongwoo knows better than to make Myungsoo suspicious. When he had reached the front entrance he pushed the oak doors that created soft creaking sounds. Once the doors were closed, Dongwoo takes a turn at the left, heading for the toilet.

Myungsoo ruffled his hair as he crouched down to the ground – letting out a groan leave his parted lips. Dongwoo was killing him with curiosity. He needed to know why the older is here, studying here and being here in general. Myungsoo wasn’t one to take no as an answer but with Dongwoo, it’s always been like this. The older knows how to get out of everything – including Myungsoo’s talks which no one else has been able to escape before.

Myungsoo doesn’t like this feeling. His stomach felt uncomfortable and his vision was slowly starting to blur as images of the past took over his closed eyes vision. If this wasn’t him right now, if this was just another cliché drama he was watching, he would have laughed with Sungyeol as he felt his hyung’s chest vibrate against his cheek because his head was on the older’s chest.

“Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong gulped as he slowly approached his hyung from the back.

He stepped a step forward, another, another and another. He stepped forward until he was beside Myungsoo, who’s palms were pressed against his eyes, trying to stop the tears from streaming down his cheek – though it was a futile attempt.

Sungjong mentally cursed himself for finding Myungsoo in this state. It isn’t like Sungjong hated Myungsoo. No. It was far from that. He cared for his hyung – in a friendly manner. Though Sungjong is ridiculously horrible at cheering someone up. It didn’t help that Sungyeol was the only one who could cheer Myungsoo up, too.

“Let’s get you back to the dorm. I’ll call Sungyeol-”

“No. Don’t tell him about this.” Myungsoo cut the younger’s sentence as he stood up, Sungjong following suit. “Just don’t. I don’t want him to worry about me.”

Sungjong merely nodded, understanding what Myungsoo had meant. But then again, what does he know about the current situation? Sungjong asked himself that question. He wanted to know the answer to it but he knew better than to make it harder for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo bid farewell to his friend before walking away, leaving Sungjong alone.

“I want to die!” Hoya gave L Joe a snicker before returning back to his own paper of questions.

Hoya’s friends and the rest of L Joe’s friends have gotten along quite very well in the past few hours. They’ve shared their interests and dislikes all throughout the classes they had together. Simple to say, they were already considered tight best friends.

L Joe looked at Hoya’s side profile – not in a erted manner you erts. The sun’s faint rays were shoving themselves to his face, illuminating his graceful features. His eyes were glued to questions on his sheet as he writes down the answer. L Joe has noticed one particular thing about Hoya: He is one hell of a smarty pants. Although Hoya said he wasn’t, and that he was just average like the others but for L Joe he was smart – at least smarter than himself.

He let out a throaty groan leave his lips as he laid his forehead on the table’s edge. He was beginning to curse himself for not joining – or in his case, helping considering he was there – Ricky during the summer to study before college starts.

And how the hell are the teachers so smart? How could they think of giving us all different sets of questions?

Yeah. That’s the reason why L Joe hasn’t copied Hoya yet – other than the fact Hoya would literally kill him if he found out he copied him. The teachers had made different sets of questions of everyone. All one hundred students in the lecture hall had one hundred different questions regarding the same topic. Don’t ask how the teachers are that creative because only God knows how they even got the idea of being so smart.

“Gyu hyung ~ !” Sunggyu choked on his drink as the one and only clingy best friend of his back hugged him tightly – literally taking the breath away from his lungs in a bad way.

“Oh god Woohyun-ah. Don’t surprise me like that!” Sunggyu said as he turned to face the said man.

His features immediately soften as the younger beamed at him. He knew he had a soft spot for everyone but for Woohyun it was too soft. It’s making him feel uncomfortable in the inside but he would always shook the churning of his stomach away. He sighed as he rubbed his temples using his delicate – and very beautiful might Woohyun add – fingers.

“Sorry Gyu hyung! It’s just that I missed you so much! It felt like I could die without you! None of the others were in that class too! That just made it worst! But that’s not even the worst part! A girl suddenly came up to my table and she tried to kiss me-”

“She what?!” Sunggyu didn’t know why but he felt a burning feeling in his chest – heart specifically.

“Are you jealous?” Woohyun asked with a grin, as a glint of hopefull-ness filled his eyes.

“J-Jealous? Why would I be jealous? Anyway, what’d she do to you? Did she hurt you? Did she claw you? Were her nails like Sungjongs?” Woohyun could only chuckle in amusement as the older bombarded him with questions.

“Her nails were long, but not as long as Jongie’s so it’s okay! But…” Woohyun gulped, contemplating and playing the worst scenarios that could happen after saying the rest of the sentence. He averted his eyes from Sunggyu’s as he continued, “I told her you’re my boyfriend.”

It was a whisper. Woohyun swore on his life it was a whisper. But damn Sunggyu and his dog-like sense of hearing.


Okai, so apparently I'll be going for a 3 day holiday - or more, I'm not sure and neither do I want to find out bcs what if it's more? - and bcs its three days I'll be having a.. // drum roll // TRIPLE UPDATE! 

Haha but I aint so nice - and neither are they even done yet I'm working on the next one - so maybe I'll leave you hanging or something :3 

Oh and thanks for all of your comments! It's not a simple thanks bcs gdi my heart beat when I see the notification I have when you leave a comment. I could have died by now!