02

How To Smile

02

Dongwoo’s lips let a soft groan go through it as he sat up straight on his bed. He ruffled his hair as he blinked his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness that was currently taking over his body. He his dry lips before yawning – covering his mouth with the back of his hand. Turning his head to the right, he saw Hoya.

Hoya had his back faced towards Dongwoo as he slept soundlessly on his own bed. Dongwoo let out a frustrated sigh as he leaned back on the bed, hands supporting him to not completely lie down and fall asleep. He still had a straight face on despite his gestures. He shook his hand absentmindedly and stood up from his bed to get ready for the official first day of college.

“Am I that hungry to see food on the table?” Hoya asked himself out loud, though it wasn’t his fault.

He went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk – or anything to at least let him survive until lunch – but was greeted instead by a plate of pancakes and a container of syrup with a saucer of already-cut butter. Hoya rubbed his eyes and blinked again – probably for the one hundredth and one time – to make sure he really wasn’t imagining the pancakes.

After another twenty-two times of making sure, Hoya jumped and rushed to the stool, almost falling off during the process of setting his on the sleek wooden stool. He his lips as he dunked syrup and butter on the very top of the mountain of pancakes. He began to eat the pancakes slowly, savouring the thick and delicious sweetness of them.

“Jang Dongwoo.” Dongwoo raised his hand as the teacher in front called his name.

She looked at him and smiled warmly. Dongwoo replied to her with a simple blink of his eyes, then averted his eyes to the scenery he was given that showed through the glass windows. He rested his chin on his palms as he stared out. His face was still facing the front of the class despite his eyes wandering around.

Everyone – including the teacher – looked at him for a mere minute. The teacher then sighed, knowing full-on well what kind of ‘reputation’ or ‘position’ Dongwoo would gain sooner rather than later. She then proceeded to call out the students names one by one in the perfect order.

“Kim Sunggyu?” The teacher asked warmly, recognizing the name.

“Here!” Sunggyu said and raised his arm.

The teacher smiled at him and Sunggyu smiled back politely. He stood up from his seat – which was not really coincidentally beside Dongwoo’s – and bowed to the teacher and his fellow classmates.

“Hi everyone. I’m Kim Sunggyu. Nice to meet you.” Sunggyu said nicely before sitting back down.

The girls started to giggle – and some twirled their hair between their fingertips – when Sunggyu had smiled. Sunggyu merely continued to fiddle with his fingers, playing around with it and creating various types of shapes and letters.

Woohyun” Sunggyu’s lips formed a slight smile when he had reached the letter ‘W’.

“Gyu hyung – ouch! Yah! What was that for?” Woohyun pouted when Sungyeol slapped his head and ruined his day dreams about his Sunggyu in the process.

“It was to wake you up. Duh.” Sungyeol said and rolled his eyes.

“You’re just jealous you don’t get to say Myungsoo’s name out loud because no one knows you love him.” Woohyun’s pout deepened as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“W-What are you talking about?! I’m not j-jealous!” Sungyeol said quickly, earning himself a chuckle from his friend.

“Sure you don’t.” Woohyun mumbled and it was his turn to roll his eyes. “Then why are you a tomato now?”

“Am not!” Sungyeol confronted and flailed his arms.

“Is there a problem Sungyeol and Woohyun-ssi?” The teacher said and Sungyeol’s body automatically jerked.

“Nothing, sir! It was just a mere trick of the eye!” Sungyeol saluted and said in a deep voice.

“Sungjong!” Sungjong looked up from his chat with Myungsoo and Hoya when he heard someone calling his name.

“Oh! Ricky!” Sungjong exclaimed gleefully, clapping his arms.

He wrapped his fingers around his two hyung’s wrists and pulled them towards his dorm mate. Hoya immediately recognized the name while Myungsoo looked completely dumbfounded. Myungsoo blinked his eyes repeatedly while Sungjong dragged him towards the boy named Ricky.

“Fancy meeting you here.” Ricky said with a laugh once Sungjong sat beside him.

“Yeah! I never thought we’d be in the same class honestly!” Sungjong exclaimed happily.

“Do you think what I think?” Hoya whispered to Myungsoo – eyes set on his other friend.

“That Sungjong isn’t going to get a nice unless we force him to confess to that uh – oh yeah, Ricky dude?” Myungsoo asked for confirmation, blinking his eyes in the process. Before you ask only God knows weather he has a blinking problem or not.

“What? No! Half of it but only the confess part – oh hey there! I’m Hoya!” Hoya said cheerfully when Sungjong introduced Ricky to them.

“I’m Myungsoo.” Myungsoo said with a distant – yet still warm surprisingly – smile playing on his lips.

“Hey! Ricky!” Ricky’s ears perked up and his eyes travelled to the door.

“Oh! L Joe hyung! Come here! Palli!” Ricky called, waving his arms frantically in the air.

“Be patient you kid.” L Joe said while letting out a chuckle. “Oh, who’s this?” L Joe asked when he reached Ricky.

“It’s Sungjong! The dorm mate I told you about!” Ricky said enthusiastically.

“Oh! Well then I’m going to apologize to you right from the beginning. Ricky’s a really messy person so – ow! That was so uncalled for!” L Jow whined and rubbed his head at the place where Ricky had hit him.

“It was called for!” Ricky said and snapped his fingers together in a sassy way.

“You remind me of Sungyeol.” Myungsoo mumbled quietly – secretly missing the choding’s body warmth on his arm.

“Sungyeol? One of your friends I reckon?” L Joe asked and Sungjong nodded his head.

“Yeah. This is Myungsoo and Hoya hyung.” Sungjong said, gesturing to Myungsoo and Hoya when he said their names with his hands.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Byunghyun but my friends call me L Joe.” L Joe said and stuck his hand out.

“Hey.” Hoya said and took L Joe’s hands in his, shaking it firmly.

“Hi.” Myungsoo said and nodded his head, eyes on the table.

“Okay class. Take your seats.” The teacher said as she strutted – yes, she literally strutted – towards the teacher’s table.

“Man. That is one hot teacher.” Ricky said and his lips.

“That’s just gross Ricky.” L Joe said, shooting his dongsaeng a disgusted look.

“It’s true! Check out her even.” Ricky trailed off as he craned his head to get a better view of the teacher’s .

Sungjong merely blinked as he looked at the teacher from head to toe. She had beautiful and silky blonde hair. Her eyelashes were perfectly curled and her eyes were extremely pretty. Sungjong mentally scoffed when he was done looking at her thoroughly.

I’m still prettier than her

“Oh my god he’s so hot.”

“Yeah. I bet his smile is adorable.”

“I want to be the girl that he smiles at every day.”

The three girls sighed dreamily as Dongwoo walked past them to set his tray at the tray dispenser. Hoya – who was seated beside the three girls’ tables – had overheard what they said and looked at Dongwoo. He wanted to laugh out loud right there and then, saying they would never get the chance to and Dongwoo had prepared him his breakfast but he bit his tongue. He remembered that he had never spoken to Dongwoo other then the name exchange moment they had when he first entered the dorm.

“Hoya hyung? What’s wrong?” Ricky asked Hoya who was seating right in front of him.

Ricky had introduced his friends to Sungjong’s, saying it was better for them to meet each other and be a huge group of friends rather than being ‘normal friends’ – which he had said using hand gestures

“It’s nothing.” Hoya said as he snapped out of his train of thoughts.

“If you say so.” Ricky mumbled as he took a huge bite out of his burger.

“What classes do you guys have later?” Cap asked, setting his spoon down on the tray.

“I’m free after this.” Myungsoo said, slurping his iced tea.

“I still have a few more classes for today.” Hoya said, his lips to get the mustard off of them.


GUYS HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE SONG WOOHYUN SHARED ON TWITTER? ( shared bcs I don't think promote is the right word? ) OMAIGAWD ITS SO FREAKING AMAZING I SWEAR TO YOU ITS MY FAVE SONG RIGHT NOW - ofc after all of Infinites song - AND I'V ONLY LISTENED TO IT TODAY. IT'S UTTER PERFECTION TO ME.

Here's the youtube audio link if you haven't c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d7Pnsy0Dak#t=138