01

How To Smile

Lol so this isn't bad news ( or it is, I'm not sure ) so don't freak out or something. This story doesn't start with Dongwoo immediately asking Hoya that question because they're practically strangers before this. Oh, and a quick reminder that the number of the chapters are the number of day in the year so it won't be: 01, 02, 03 ( it'll be random ) 


01

Hoya was sleeping peacefully on his bed. His comforters were giving him warmth in his cold room and his bed was extremely fluffy – well for him that is. His lips were slightly apart for breathing while his chest was rising up and down in the perfect speed – not too fast, not too slow. Eyebrows were furrowed like usual whenever he was sleeping. All in all, Hoya was dead to the people around him that were watching him sleeping while giggling like high school girls that just woke up from their slumber to look up and see their boyfriend still asleep beside them.

“Should we wake him up?” Sungjong asked his hyungs that were surrounding the bed.

“We should. But then again we never get to see him sleep much.” Sungyeol said while giggling.

It was true. They never get to see Hoya asleep much. The reason for that is because Hoya would always be the first one up - simply because he was used to waking up early. On that particular day however, Hoya wanted to sleep more. He wanted to avoid school. His plan was simple – sleep really late at night, make sure he didn’t set any alarms and force himself up very late so he doesn’t have to go to school.

“But then we’d be late for college!” Myungsoo hissed slightly, secretly enjoying the view on display for them.

“So?” Sungyeol asked and arched an eyebrow.

“It’s the first day you idiot.” Myungsoo sighed although he himself could care less about college.

“Myungsoo’s right guys.” Sunggyu, the oldest of them all, said.

“But hyung ~” Woohyun whined and tried to do aegyo for the elder but was simply ignored, which caused his lips to turn into a pout.

“I know. How about we all take a photo of him?” Sungjong suggested, partly because he wants to make it as his own wallpaper.

“What if he finds out?” Myungsoo asked because everyone knows, if Hoya finds out about this there was a chance he would ignore them for a very long time. Heck it wasn’t even a chance, he would seriously do it.

“Then we’ll just have to make sure that he’ll never find out.” Woohyun said simply, already taking a photo of his sleeping dongsaeng that was still dead to his surroundings.

The others all take out their own phones and took a photo of Hoya – using no flash and making sure there wouldn’t be any noise. Even though there was no flash, he still looked flawless. The countable rays of sunshine that were peeking through the slightly see through curtains were falling on his face at the perfect angle, his comforter was at the perfect position and Hoya himself was already flawless.

“Okay. Now we wake him up.” Sungyeol said, standing up from his kneeling position, already ready to pounce on Hoya.

“One, two, three!” Sunggyu counted and everyone pounced on the peaceful angel all together.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Get off of me!” Hoya shrieked, wide awake in a matter of seconds.

“Make us!” Sungjong challenged and Hoya eyed them all.

After realizing that they weren’t getting off unless he made them, he sighed and started to kick everywhere using his legs that were still covered. The older ones and the younger ones started scramble off, afraid of him hitting their, you know, private parts.

“So why are you guys here?” Hoya asked after they were all either lying or sitting on his sleek wooden floor.

They all gave him a ridiculous look that screamed ‘are you awake or are you sleep talking and sleep abusing us?’. Hoya was oblivious to the look however, as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. He was also stretching his arms and legs, trying to get rid of the sore and numb feeling that was still taking over his body parts.

“It’s the first day of school you dummy.” Sunggyu said with an eyebrow arched.

Hoya felt his lips tugging downwards, forming a frown on his face. His eyes were immediately dull and so was his entire mood for the whole day. It felt like he received a slap by his mother after being caught doing drugs – yes, that’s just how painful school is for him. After running a hand through his hair, Hoya blinked at his crazy friends that were on the floor, looking at him with anticipation. They all groaned – which was not surprising at all – when Hoya crawled back to the middle of the bed and swung his comfy comforter over his body to prevent himself from getting a cold.

“Hoya ~ Wake up or we’ll be late for school!” Woohyun whined as he tried shaking his younger friend only by a few months awake.

“No.” Was the simple answer they got – excluding Hoya slapping Woohyun’s hands away and clutching the comforter really tightly for his dear life.

“Why? Hoya we have no time for this.” Myungsoo said roughly and pulled away Hoya’s comforter.

Hoya shivered at the sudden intrusion of the cold air on his warm body. He hugged his body and lied down in a fetus position – obviously ignoring the others. They all groaned and Sungjong pounced on Hoya again.

“Hoya hyung! Come on!” Sungjong screamed in his ear with his high pitched voice.

“Yah! Get off!” Hoya warned before pushing Sungjong down by palming his dongsaengs oh-so “beautiful” face – which was true because Sungjong’s face is beautiful.

“We’re going to be with you! And we’re going to be living in dorms, so we can’t be late for the first day!” Sunggyu tried to reason with Hoya – note: tried.

Hoya ignored him, although he felt a wave of guiltiness shower over his soft heart. He knew how much his annoying yet amazing best friends waited for this day – a day where they get to live in dorms, free from their parents, and getting to see each other every day on a daily basis without getting blocked by their parents schedules of going to weddings or dinners.

But Hoya was stubborn. He wasn’t filled with ego. He was simply stubborn. He didn’t want to go to the dorms or being woken by someone annoying. He didn’t want to face the teachers – mostly quizzes – and he definitely didn’t want to face the horrible cafeteria food. He shuddered at the fact of having to eat the disgusting food just so he wouldn’t collapse and make himself a huge laughing stock at school.

“I’ll cook for us.” Woohyun said suddenly and Hoya moved 1 cm, but it made the others jump gleefully.

“He moved! Now all we need to do is get him to the bathroom and get him showered.” Sungyeol said and looked at the others with a menacing glint in his eyes.

His friends merely smirked at him and nodded their heads. They knew exactly what the choding was talking about. They all stayed quiet for a second, taking a peak at the boy that was on the bed – who had a feeling in his guts that screamed for him to run away to the North Pole and sign up to help out Santa with preparing children’s Christmas presents.

“Get your hands off of me!” Hoya shrieked when they all grabbed his body.

Myungsoo’s hands were on his left leg, Sungjong’s on his right. Sungyeol was gripping onto Hoya’s toned right arm and Woohyun was gripping his left, leaving Sunggyu to carry Hoya’s head.

“This is what you get ~” They said in a sing song voice that made Hoya shiver at the physical contact they were basically rubbing all over him.

The five boys carried their awfully stubborn friend to the bathroom door which they had opened ever since they came into Hoya’s room earlier this morning. Their faces had evil and menacing smirks that could make even a ghost drop down and die all over again from embarrassment. Hoya continued to protest, kicking his legs, flailing his arms and shaking his head, but those attempts were futile as they made the others grip onto his body tighter. He let out a quiet yelp when he felt Sungjong’s nails digging into his leg.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! Cut your nails!” Hoya hissed at him, which Sungjong replied back with a simple innocent smile – that could fool anyone if his eyes weren’t scary. “Oh my god!”

The five friends just laughed and the shower faucet as they watched their victim’s clothes get soaked with the water and his reaction was worth billions. His face looked helpless and scared as he shivered against the contact of the ice cold water piercing his skin.

“Have fun showering ~” the criminals said and ran out of the door.

“Yah! Come back here!” Hoya’s voice was shaky and it sounded more like a girl’s would, making the others burst into fits of laughter.