01 - 3

How To Smile

Warning: I haven't checked this chapter yet except for a few quick 'scans'. To people who thought I was going to say there's going to be surprise , I promise to you I will/will not add some in the future but I'm not sure when hehe. So, I'm sorry for some errors in spellings, meanings, grammars and also if I went off track huehue


01 – Part 3

Dongwoo had his ear plugs in while he strolled a few feet behind the huge wave of students. He sighed as he saw the students walking in fifteen separate lines in perfect accuracy. They were all listening intently to what the teachers were saying – or at least that was what it seemed like to Dongwoo considering he had his ear plugs in. He was slightly irritated at the sight in front of him. It was ruining his music.

Yes, the music was the only sound he heard. The beat, the melodious voice of the rappers and singers – that was the only two things he was able to hear. But the sight in front of him was wrong and different. If he were at home, he would be lying on his bed as he stared at the ceiling with no interest, completely drowning himself in the music.

As Dongwoo was having a mental breakdown/bickering session over how miserable his life was, he wasn’t aware of a certain boy that was glancing at him once in a while. If the person you are thinking of goes by the name of Lee Howon then you are absolutely wrong because we all know the depressing reality of not everything that Hoya does revolves around a certain Jang Dongwoo.

The boy is Kim Myungsoo who was walking with his friends that surrounded him in every angle ever existed – except for the back considering he was the last one in his group of friends. They were fooling around and laughing at the obvious desperate-ness that Woohyun displayed to get closer to Sunggyu but sadly the hamster was still the most dense person therefore he didn’t notice the younger’s desperate-ness.

“Yah! Get your filthy hands off of my Gyu hyung!” Woohyun screeched when Sungjong had latched himself onto the elder’s free arm.

“It’s not like your hands are crystal clear themselves!” Sungjong retorted and scoffed while flipping his fabulous hair.

“But he’s mine! Go find someone else!” Woohyun pouted and tried to yank Sunggyu away from Sungjong. Note: tried. “Don’t abuse Gyu hyung’s flawless skin with your vampire-fang-like nails!” Woohyun shrieked.

“For your information these are nails! How can you find them similar to vampire fangs?!” Sungjong asked as his eyes widen in genuine horror.

Myungsoo merely sighed as he shook his head, a smile ghosting on his thin lips. Yes, he was feeling troubled – his stomach wasn’t in its best condition and neither was his mind – but his friends weirdness was something entertaining to watch and it also brought the sense of relief to him.

He then looked behind him and his eyes caught the figure that was still strolling lazily a few feet behind the whole student body. Only this time, he wasn’t the only one. Get Hoya out off your mind it’s not him. Sungyeol – who was side-hugging Myungsoo – glanced behind them, too.

Sungyeol wasn’t feeling very happy over the fact that Myungsoo was giving his attention to another person. Just like Sunggyu and Woohyun’s situation, Myungsoo was oblivious to the choding’s romantic feelings for him. Although Sungyeol didn’t mind much because he knows he doesn’t display his affection for the younger directly a lot as much as Woohyun does to Sunggyu.

“Myungie ~ Let’s go buy ice cream at the college’s cafe later!” Sungyeol said, pulling Myungsoo out of his trance successfully.

“Sure! I heard they have great ice cream!” Myungsoo said and his dry lips.

“Where did you ‘hear’ that? The internet?” Sungyeol scoffed as Myungsoo simply stuck a tongue out at his best friend.

“That would be 10,000 won.” The cashier said as she smiled at her customer, Dongwoo.

Dongwoo gave her the exact amount of money – seeing as he hates receiving change – and leans at a few steps away from the counter as he waited for his ice cream and milkshake. He had ordered a chocolate trilogy milkshake, cookies and cream milkshake and a cup of mint and chocolate chip ice cream. Dongwoo’s fitness was a result of his working out considering he has a huge amount of love for dessert and fattening food.

“Here you go, sir.” A boy worker said and smiled, as he handed Dongwoo his order.

Dongwoo took the two milkshake cups and ice cream cup from the worker and trailed off to find a seat in the crowded shop. He sighed as he heard endless conversations surrounding him, ruining his peace and comfort. Once he had found a seat, he immediately sat down and began drinking his milkshake.

The seat was at the outside part of the shop – which was also crowded. It had a white stool chair which had a small supporter at the back for his . The table was covered with a layer of sky blue fabric that had frills at the end. It also had a smooth pink umbrella to block the sunlight from disturbing the shops customer from enjoying their ice cream. In addition to the cuteness – that wasn’t approved by Dongwoo’s taste slightly – the table was located beside a rose bush.

This place feels like the place for couples. Dongwoo thought and looked around.

For sure, he saw a few boys and girls seniors together, hand in hand, being a romantic couple. Dongwoo shook his head and  continued to drink his milkshake as he looked around the shop more. The shop was basically screaming cute and romantic – perfect for couples.

Uri hamkke itdeon gue, gong gane naega ~

Dongwoo looked at his phone that vibrated slightly as the ringtone was murmuring the song softly. He blinked twice as he looked at the caller ID.

Kim Myungsoo? Why is he calling?

“Yeoboseyo?” Dongwoo asked after his moment of silent hesitation to answer the call.

Hyung, what are you doing here?” Dongwoo heard Myungsoo from the other line.

“What do you mean?” Dongwoo questioned back to the receiver.

Aish! I mean, what are you doing here? In college?!” Myungsoo exploded in his phone.

Myungsoo leaned back at the wall of the toilet that wasn’t far from the ice cream shop. He took a glance at Dongwoo – who was sitting a few tables away from his friends – and ruffled his hair messily. Frustrated was an understatement for what Kim Myungsoo was feeling at the moment. He was practically mentally crying.

Why are you calling?” Dongwoo asked back and Myungsoo groaned.

“Is it wrong to call?” Myungsoo asked and blinked when he heard the beeping sound – which indicated that Dongwoo had ended the call.

Myungsoo looked back at where Dongwoo was sitting. Dongwoo had shoved his phone in his back pocket and stood up from his seat, strolling away from the shop. Myungsoo let out a frustrated and angry groan as he punched the wall with his fist.

“Myungie! Where are you?” Myungsoo heard Sungyeol’s voice and at that very moment, Sungyeol turned the corner and saw him. “Oh well now you don’t have to answer the question anymore! What were you doing?” Sungyeol asked with a smile that warmed Myungsoo’s heart.

“Something. Let’s go.” Myungsoo smiled warmly and tugged the choding’s wrist.

“I’m back!” Hoya called out as he used his foot to open and close the door to his dorm.

He had various types of books in three separate abnormally huge plastic bags that were hanging on either one of his wrists. They were heavy and he was sure he would have a slight purple or blue bruise on his wrist later. Hoya sighed when he didn’t hear anyone reply to him. He had come to the conclusion that Dongwoo indeed was rude but since he was still a nice guy, he told himself there was a reason behind the way Dongwoo is. Along with his stubborn and burning curiosity, he was set on finding out that reason.

If only Lee Howon knows what was bound to happen sooner or later.


Just letting you know that this story isn't going to rush. Honestly though it seems like that ( at least in my point of view ) in this chapter but it's not. Nope. You're probably going to hate me soon with all of the filler chapters I'll be adding in this story. I'll probably add that to the Warning List in the foreword too.. Maybe nope. Nah, not going to. It's actually fun messing with people haha. 

Thank you so much to the people that have commented even before I posted the first chapter. It means loads and I swear to you, I read those comments right after I wake up and they make my day so much! <3 so I'm going to go to sleep *cough* not now *cough* so goodnight and sweet dreams! ^^