The Press Conference from Hell

Oppa, Wait A Minute! (Sequel to Princess 7)

 

( ) means that a reporter is asking something. Who wants to puts reporter 1, 2, 3, etc...?

 

Over the next few days, I was released from the hospital, so my manager and I went to go collect my things from the Miss. A dorm. They weren’t at the dorm when I arrived, but Jia had left me a letter. I stuffed it in the back pocket of my jeans and went to my old room. My stuff had already been neatly packed into boxes. I stacked them and gave them to my manager for her to take down to the van. I sighed heavily, hefting the last box into my arms. I looked the apartment over one more time before shutting the door.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Jia’s Letter

DaeSa-aegi! We’re going to miss you so much. Sorry this letter won’t be long. We’ve got practice today. All day. -_-‘ We wish you could be there to teach us new dances and tell jokes. You were always super funny! We’ll seriously miss you too much to handle, so come by and visit us soon, ‘kay? You always have a family in all of us at JYP.

Love you with all our hearts and souls,

Jia, Fei, and Min.

P.S. He’s waiting.-Jia ;)

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Princess 7 had a performance next week for our third single, “Oppa, wait a minute.” It was a slow ballad with a sensual touch. It would be our first vocal performance. I had to practice hard since everyone expects the lead dancer to be a bad singer.

“DaeSa~~~!” ChangMin sang as he walked in with a cake.

“Minnie-oppa! What’s up?” I wiped the sweat from my forehead. I had been practicing the choreo while singing. I was surprised I could answer him at all.

“I’ve got some good news and some bad news.”

“Gimme the good news first.”

“Well, the good news is that you won your first online poll. Here’s your cake.” He handed it to me. It read ‘Congrats, Miss Scandalous’. My mouth dropped open.

“Is this a joke? I was voted most likely to get into a scandal?”

“Yeah and that’s not all. The press caught wind of yours and DongHae’s relationship. They’re having a press conference tomorrow before the annual SM gala. Oh, that was the bad news.”

“Crap. I thought I wouldn’t have to see him.”

“Don’t worry. I asked YunHo-hyung to you.”

“And the gala?”

“You’re all mine.” He winked at me before leaving. I sighed. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

The press conference from hell

YunHo escorted me to the door and waited until I was seated at the table at the front before taking his seat at the back of the audience. He glared at DongHae as he strolled in. The conference began soon after.

The first order of business was to clear the rumor with DongHae. The reporters had a zillion questions.

(Have you ever had prolonged contact with Mr. Lee?)

“As in outside of practice or company-sponsored events?”

(Yes.)

“No. We are just labelmates and a part of the SM Family.” Lie.We were dating for months, but he went and cheated on me with a guy. Yeah a freakin’ guy! The worst part is that no matter how much I want to hate him, there will always be a part of me that loves him. At this point, DongHae looked at me. My peripheral vision deciphered a sad, forlorn expression.

(Did you two have relations when you visited America last spring after your father passed?)

“There is no two. I went to check on my father while DongHae-sshi and YunHo-oppa came to the funeral for moral support.” Truth. I felt like this would be the only thing that I wouldn’t lie about at this conference.

(Is it true DongHae picked you up after a photo shoot late one night?)

“My manager wasn’t in town at the time and he was the only one available. We have written proof if you’d like some.” Lie.That night we had kissed as if we’d never see each other again. That night was the night before DongHae got rid of me. That night was 2 days before his car accident. Karma’s a .

(Did you ever have a crush on DongHae?)

“I was always a Super Junior fan, but no, SiWon-sshi was my favorite member.” This one was a partial lie. I had liked him and DongHae equally. DongHae coughed. I was lying. Horribly at that. DongHae hated it when I talked about SiWon. Now, I was saying that not only did I not hate SiWon, but that he was also my favorite member. I knew I should stop, but I wanted him to hurt just like I did. “I didn’t even know DongHae-sshi was in SuJu until I met him. I really only paid attention to SiWon-sshi’s dramas and Super Junior-seonbaes performances, so I didn’t notice any of the other individual members.”

(Did you ever sleep at the SuJu dorm?)

“No.” Lie. I spent night after night in that dorm. In his bed. In his arms. Right now, I wanted to go take a shower and scrub my whole body clean of his touch. “When I say I don’t have a close relationship with DongHae, I mean it. We are just labelmates and we don’t have any contact outside of work.”

“Well, I love you!” DongHae said, springing up. My eyes widened at his outburst. “I made this whole rumor up and told the press, so I could tell you that I love you. I haven’t shown it in the past, but I really do. Please forgive me.”

He got on his knees and started begging. I was definitely panicking. I didn’t notice I wasn’t saying anything until he took my hand. At that moment, I wanted to be absolved of this, so I did what I had been doing all day. I lied.

“DongHae-sshi, where is all this coming from?”

“Don’t be like this!” I pulled my hand out of his and backed away, dramatically. I deserved the Oscar for best actress for what I did next.

“I don’t understand. You’ve never acted this way before. I can’t reciprocate these feelings. Mianhamnida.”  I ran out, fake crying. YunHo and my manager scrambled after me. I reached the elevator. The doors opened and we all got in. I could still hear DongHae calling my name as the doors shut. YunHo pulled me into a hug as my fake tears became real. Why does loving someone have to hurt so badly?

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

 

This chapter irked me so much. I've edited it twice so far. We'll see if it changes later on. Comment, Subscribe, and Enjoy! :) Next update Friday!