O6.

500 Days of Kim Minseok

{Day 34}

 

 

A week passed.

A boring week passed.

 

Did I mention that a week already passed?

Oh. I just did.

 

Now everything’s back to normal, except for Luhan. As usual the younger cocky teens are roaming around the supermarket with their useless clipboards on their filthy hands. Jongin, stacking some ty smelling local cologne stored inside a pink bottle. How gay? While the other, Sehun, checking some cans of milk and listing their expiration dates. Productive, somehow.

And there goes the deer, sulking again inside the worker’s quarter. What the hell can you get from sulking? If he could make money from it then he’ll really be a millionaire right away. He’s being emo again. Imagine him having thick black eyeliner and thick one-sided bangs. Don’t forget the black nail polish and the wristbands. Stereotype emo kids. But no, he’s being Luhan.  Let’s define Luhan; a teen probably around 5’7 or 5’8, wears faded jeans and graphic tees. Hates nail polishes and other girly s. Physically normal, mentally abnormal.

Luhan was staring at the wall. His mind was blank. IT’S ALWAYS BLANK. Lol. How about standing there and start working so you can earn a living? How about that, Luhan? Not caring about his responsibilities, he sat there for almost 3 hours. Wow! Working like an executive, Mr Lu. Keep the spirit up.

 

 

“Oh. God of almonds! Help me! Please. I just can’t get Minseok off my mind! HELP MEEEEEEEEE!”

 

Pathetic.

 

The little deer was about to tear up when a knock broke all his self-created drama. “Dafuq was that?” he whispered to himself. Well, dafuq are you Luhan? He stood up while sniffing his mucus back inside his nose. Yuck. Ew. Yuck. Imagine the sounds! Ewwww. Ok. He slowly twisted the knob and pulled it completely, showing a very familiar face. Oh gosh. Can I cry? Is this true?

 

“Hi Luhan.”

 

And it was Minseok. Yup guys, you heard it right. Oh, I mean you read it right. Minseok. The man that owns Luhan’s mind. He’s so cute! Wearing a denim colored polo and a pair of skinny black pants, oh damn. Take me, gurl. He’s between a god and a cute puppy. Imagine that! You can’t? Same here.

 

As expected, Luhan started to freak out, AGAIN. “M-M-Mins-s-seok… “

Minseok smiled.

“Can I come in? Or should I ask you out?” The midget said, seriously. S E R I O U S L Y.

 

No. He’s not asking Luhan out for a ing date or something.  And at that point, Luhan assumed. Of course he would! That feeling when your crush or the man of your fantasies just asked you out; it’s like getting a 20/20 on a math quiz. I never knew that feeling. I hate math. But it’s not the ing point! Luhan is being a snail and not helping in the situation, making Minseok partially annoyed.   “Hey?”

 

“Oh! I’m sorry. C-come in.”

 

As said, Minseok stepped inside the room and slammed the door immediately, making Luhan jolt. I know what you’re thinking, Lu. It’s not the right time for unhealthy, filthy and dirty thoughts. There’s a sudden rush that made Luhan feel weird. Like he’s excited for something that he doesn’t even know why! Let your imagination play, guys.

Minseok sat on a while chair as the other sat on the old smelly couch where he belongs. Still nervous and puzzled, Luhan tried to speak up. “So, w-what brought y-you here, huh?” he asked. His feet! Duh. Okay. So Minseok averted his sight to Luhan who’s drooling, not literally, because of the splendour that’s in front of him. Idk if that sounded cheesy or what.

 

 “Nah. I’m just worried about you. Remember what happened last week?! When you passed out and I don’t ing know why. I just came here to check if you’re doing fine.”

 

WOAH THERE.

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

 

The other obviously blushed madly. And again, he took the statement in another way. Perks of being dumb. Replaying the last part of his sentence ; ‘’‘’’I JUST CAME HERE TO CHECK IF YOU’RE DOING FINE.’’’’’ That’s just that! He’s just there to see if Luhan was completely recovered after that playstation controller incident. Maybe that’s love; it instantly makes you an assuming earthling. Assuming it is.

 

“I’m…I’m ok now. There’s nothing to worry about. But…Thanks for your concern. Thank you.”

 

WOW. And he didn’t stumble over his words. Maybe he drank something to keep his words on track. Great move you did there, young man. The almond eyed man, oh I mean almond shaped-eyed man, no it sounds awful lol whatever. Minseok, rolled his eyes, probably getting the whole situation and knowing that it was the other way around for Luhan.  “Speaking of that incident, why did you passed out in the first place?”

 

 

Now, let the real reasoning begin.

 

5…….4…....3…...2…...1….

 

5 Seconds /of summer lol/ passed and still, Minseok is being a patient little boy. How nice. On the other side, it’s really hard for Luhan to say the truth. It’s really hard to say that he passed out because he thought that Minseok and Jongdae will do something filthy because he thought that Minseok bought a . Well, you can always lie! That’s what lies are for right? To cover up for our stupidity. Lies. Lies. Lies. And the hardest part of that is he can’t even construct a single sentence just because he’s too nervous that he could feel his eyeballs bursting. Lol gross.

 

“Mind answering my question?” Minseok busted the silence.

 

Patience level : WHAT IS PATIENCE

 

“AHMMM… About that….Uhmmmm…. M-Minseok….”  A streak of sweat slide down on Lu’s forehead.  Look who’s screwed.

“Fine. Don’t push yourself. You might pass out again and that’s a huge turn off.”

 

A HUGE TURN OFF. Big words from a small man. Minseok went closer to Luhan and again, the other blushed harder. Imagine smashing a big, red tomato on his cheeks. The elder took a deep breath and started to talk, calmly. It’s way too different than how they used to talk before.

 

“Lu, can I ask you something?”

“S-sure.  W-what is i-it?”

 

Weird. Yes it is. It’s weird for someone like Minseok, whom he met for like 4 weeks ago and saw him experienced tons of embarrassing moments that he’ll probably remember for the rest of his boring life. Unusual, very unusual. Does Minseok wants to be friends with him? Or who knows, maybe more than that. Maybe he needs something; on the material aspect. But we can’t tell.

 

“I know it’s awkward but…” Minseok breathed out.  Luhan, with his eyes wide open waited for the other’s response. Tadaaaaaaaah. That’s it. I’m having a feeling that Luhan was anticipating something else. He tensed up immediately and tried his very best to gather his thoughts and ball ‘em all together. On the other part of the room, Minseok remained calm yet pretty annoyed. Well, who won’t be annoyed by Luhan’s unexplainable approach anyway? Lol me

 

 

“Can you just stop freaking out whenever you see me!? Please. “

 

 

AND THAT’S IT. THE STORY ENDS HERE. Kidding.  Basically, that’s the bottom line of everything. Nice request you got there ,Minseok. If you were Minseok, would it be fine for you to meet someone who frantically passes out and stumble on his words and do other weird stuff right in front of you? It’s kinda flattering knowing that someone’s going gaga for you but at the end, it’s still irritating.

Luhan looked down. Awwwwwww. And there’s Minseok, giving him that sorry not sorry stare. “Look, I’m trying to make everything normal for the both of us. But then, I just can’t…” Luhan said. Now, his voice was waaaaaaaaay clearer than before. This is going to be the 1st time that he’ll be talking to his precious almond without any fear or any amount or nervousness in his guts. Lol whut.

 

“I just feel uncomfortable with it. It’s creepy. Let’s act normally.”

“BUT THAT’S DAMN NORMAL!”

 

Lu raised his voice. CALM THE DOWN BRO! And it made Minseok shocked. Luhan stood up and moved closer to Minseok as he muttered a short ‘sorry’.  The whole situation made Luhan upset. Woah there. Why? Because he never thought that he’s scaring Minseok throughout this time. He’s unaware of his strange behaviour. But still, he’s not quite sure if he could act normal in front of the man for the coming days. “I’m so sorry if I tend to be scary and creepy…and dumb at some point. You’re different. There’s something about you t-that makes me feel strange. I don’t know. Sorry.”

 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! ARE YOU GONNA CONFESS THIS TIME, LU? OH HELL NO. PLS NO.

 

“Don’t feel bad. I’m just Minseok! I’m no god. I’m no angel as well. I’m not a special creature. I don’t know if you see me in another way but that’s the truth. “

 

Yeah right. You’re an almond in disguise you madafaka. Luhan finally, FINALLY understood the whole situation. “I know I’m asking too much but can you just try? For the sake of our friendship.” Minseok said. WHUT! FRIENDSHIP? MINSEOK ARE SERIOUS OR WHUT. The statement made Luhan surprised /me either/ because Minseok finally considered him as a friend despite of all the misfortunate events between the both of them. Cheers to that!

“I’ll try. “

“You should.”

 

Minseok grinned and stood up, leaving Luhan on the couch.  He turned his back and faced the door.

 

“Lu.”

“Yes?”

“It was nice meeting you, formally”

 

 

And probably, this is gonna be the start of a serious attachment (and chapters lol) regarding these two.

 

Way to go, Luhan. Long way to go.