O1.

500 Days of Kim Minseok

It started off like this…

 

Once, there was this man named Luhan. He’s manly. Totally manly. Nope, let’s cut these lies. He’s just an ordinary not-so – boy next door material, but he’s academically smart. Thank god he is. Working in a small supermarket, Luhan finds his life as a perfect one. Spending mornings with his dog named Winter, cleaning his small apartment during weekends and working his off during weekdays. This man never believed in such things as destiny, fortune and other stuffs. For him, life is pure Coincidence. Luck. Chance. That’s all.

 

 

 {Day 1}

 

 

“Stop it Winter!” The man yelled as he tried to push his dog away from him. The dog kept on his porcelain like face. Well dogs usually do that in mornings. Winter never stopped, so the sleepy man gave up and allowed his dog to taste his face over and over again. Winter is the luckiest dog in the world. I swear.

Luhan rose up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. A 5 minute shower, fixing himself for another five minutes, eating his breakfast for 10 minutes and talking to his precious dog for additional 5 minutes; that’s how Luhan’s life goes on every single day. He went outside the building and rode his bike, en route to the Park’s Supermarket. Owned by Chanyeol’s family.

 

“Good Morning!” He shouted as he reached the workers quarter. He placed his blue bag pack inside his locker before shooting a glare at Sehun. “Hey dude! How’s the party last night? Bet you hit on some girls, didn’t you?” Sehun, a brat – emotionless –robot like creature that likes to party more than going to work.

“Still sober…” Kai interrupted as he changed his clothes, revealing his glorious abs. Mother of holy tomatoes. This guy is insanely y. More like a model. No, like a super model. Ugh. A god. Yes. 

“N-no. I didn’t.” Sehun replied. Eyes still closed, still high as .

“Shut it. I saw you last night. You’re with a girl and you two went to a cheap karaoke bar beside the r---”

“IT’S A MOTEL, IDIOT!”

 

Luhan looked at Kai as they both laughed. “Someone banged a chick last night. Yoohooo~” Luhan said as he left the quarters. Hoping for a good day ahead, he grabbed a small pendant in his pocket. A four leaf clover preserved inside a glass. A lucky charm, maybe.

 

As the day passed, all of them were busy with all their respective stuffs. Kai, still having a hard time explaining the difference between an ordinary sanitary napkin to another that has the so called “wings” to a female shopper that probably likes him. Sehun, cleaning the spilled milk on the diary section just to check out the legs of a hot lady wearing an ultra-short shorts. And there goes Luhan, recording some stuffs on the toiletries & cosmetic section.

 

“BB Creams, check. Shaving creams check. Blah blah blah, I’m done here.” The lad was about to go to another section but a sudden wave stopped him. A sweet voice coming from the section in front of him. Later, the voice went closer, so Luhan moved a bit far. A man appeared in the toiletries section, looking for creams and other junks.

 

Lalalala~ I got the eye of the tiger! Fire! Lalalalala! You’re gonna hear me roar~ Lalalalaaaaaaa”

 

He kept on singing until Luhan felt himself being hypnotized by the voice. Luhan observed his further movements. He’s cute! His face was round and squish. Not so tall, but it suites him. Dressed in a simple tee, with a thick grey hoodie and a pair of faded pants. Soft brown locks, almond shaped eyes, bunny like teeth, oh lord. He’s so fine. I mean he’s cute. Yeah, he’s cute. NO DIRTY THINGS INVOLVED, LUHAN. You’re not gonna hear him roar in bed, no. He’s cute. That’s all.  Luhan thought.

 

Ok, let’s label this man as Kim Minseok. A five year old kid. Kidding. He’s as the same age as Luhan but he looks like a kindergarten. Minseok is a fashion design student that hates dogs. He knows Taekwondo, Kendo and other bone breaking sports. He’s a kind of person that drinks coffee 6 times a day. And most of all, he’s not an overly cheesy person. For him, true love is something that’s unreal. More of an illusion.

 

He picked a bottle of toner, a sachet of facial cleanser and a bar of beauty soap. He’s so beautiful and yet he’s still using those things. Luhan thought. Then he’ll be over the top. The epitome of beauty. The man’s imagination gone will with just a simple thought of Minseok. The moment was shattered when Minseok spoke out of the blue.

 

“Aniya! I don’t need these! I’m already handsome. I don’t want to surpass other’s handsomeness. I’ll be merciful this time. ” he sarcastically said to the bottle of toners and creams in front of him. Nope, he’s not crazy. Well, kinda. He harshly threw the items that he was holding before leaving the section. Luhan watched him in awe. Luhan never saw someone with this kind of confidence. He’s interesting.

 

Lu followed Minseok up to the food section. Minseok picked up a bunch of meat buns and other junk foods. The man tried to reach for a big pack of chips but it was placed on the top shelf so….. yeah. Taking the chance, Luhan rushed beside him and reached for the item.

 

“Here it is.” He said calmly.

“Thank you, Luhan?” Minseok said with smile.

“Y-you know me? Oh god.” Luhan blushed badly.

“Uhmm. You’re nameplate. I read it.” And yes, A+ for Luhan’s dumbness. Luhan felt so stupid to he decided to just cover it up with an awkward smile. Minseok smirked as he turned around. “H-hey! You’re name?” Luhan said, trying to go after Minseok.

 

“Mine.”

“You’re ‘Mine’ ? ”

“HAHAHAHA. How dumb can you still be?” Minseok mumbled as the left the area. His chuckles echoed all over the place. His adorable laugh. Breathtakingly beautiful. Feeling tricked, Luhan still kept his smile. There’s something about this man that made him blush. This isn’t usual.

 

 

“I’m Minseok.” A voice came up from nowhere. Probably it’s from the cute chubby bubbly totally adorable guy that he met few minutes ago. Luhan’s smile got wider.

 

“Got it, Minseok!”