O3.

500 Days of Kim Minseok

{Day 13}

 

 

Back on his usual routine, Luhan settled the small bottles of perfumes on the shelf. Normally, he would just place the bottles in random order but since he’s kinda inspired, he challenged himself to arrange them according to its scent. Yup, he’s inspired.

 

“Hey buddy, it’s break time!” Kai said. He was holding a bottle of soft drinks and a bag of chips. Blame the bag of chips for Luhan’s ‘dumbness’. Like yeah, I mean aside from a pretty large volume of favoured air, what else can you get from those? Luhan smiled in return, following his friend to the worker’s quarter. There he saw Sehun, holding his cellphone, biting his lip with his right hand slowly making its way inside his tight black pants.

 

“Someone’s watching again.” Luhan whispered, loud enough for Sehun to hear.  “C’mon Sehun. Can’t you just wait for few more hours? Imagine how gross it would be if you’re gonna do your thing here; and panting and --”

“I’m used to that, Luhan hyung.” Kai interrupted, looking at Sehun, who’s not giving a damn about Luhan’s unusual blabbering session. “Ugh. Teens nowadays!” the eldest said. He walked towards his locker and grabbed a small container.

 

 “Wow Lu hyung! Don’t tell me you’ve never done that during your teenage days?!”

“Well… I- I- I did! But --”

“Can you just shut the hell up, hyung? I have my own thing here. Mind yours. For s sake!” Sehun shouted while shifting his position to a more comfy one; where Luhan and Kai can no longer see his hands’ direction. Sehun is a skilled one. Really.

 

“Ok.”

 

Kai sat beside Luhan and peeked at the container. “Hyung…” he mumbled, holding his chips. Luhan shot a glare and raised an eyebrow. “Yes?” he replied softly. “What’s inside the tupperware?” Kai asked. Carefully, Luhan removed the lid of the small container, revealing a slice of his ‘food of the month.

 

“Almond pudding? Again?!” Kai exclaimed.

“Yes! What’s wrong with it? ” Luhan cooed, taking a spoonful to his mouth.

“You’ve been eating that for the whole 2 weeks! What kind of appetite do you have?”

“I’m not gonna give you some anyway, so stop complaining.”

 

The elder munched on his food happily. Ignoring Kai’s annoying stares.  Still, Sehun is facing the wall, with his cellphone  with him. “What’s the reason behind the almond thingy, hyung?” Kai asked, out of the effin’ blue. Lu hummed before taking a sip of cold water.

 

“I love almonds!”

“I’m not convinced.”

 Cut the lies, Luhan. Everybody knew about it already. “Well, it’s because of Minseok!”

 

“THAT MINSEOK AGAIN! OH MY GOD HYUNG. WHAT’S THE CONECTION BETWEEN ALMONDS AND THAT MINSEOK GUY?! ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOMETHING? DON’T TELL ME HE TURNS INTO ALMONDS EVERY NIGHT?! ”

 

 A loud laugh echoed all over the place, leaving Kai in complete shock. Well, if I were Kai, I’d probably thought of the same thing. He’s currently having a serious love affair with almonds these past few days. No, he’s not pregnant.

 

“Jongin-ah, did you just bumped your head into something that’s as hard as your… nevermind. ” Sehun interrupted. Putting his phone aside and pulling his filthy hand away from his belt. “He’s into almonds because of Minseok’s eyes! How come you forget about that? Telling spectacular facts about his Minseok is a must for Luhan hyung. I mean he can just save his saliva for some purposes instead of telling about those DAILY!” the youngest added. Now look who’s talking.

 

“Guys, my Minseok is a precious j--”

“He’s a precious jewel that needs to be looked after and needs your love and….. I forgot the next line. But yes Luhan hyung, you’re like a disk on repeat!” the dark man said. Oh I mean Kai. Sorry.

“And our ears were freaking tired of it!”

 

Luhan disregarded the two and continued his stuff. Well that’s it. He loved almonds because it reminds him of Minseok. His almond shaped eyes. What have you done, Kim Minseok ?“Not to offend you hyung, but are you obsessed with that guy already?” Kai questioned.

 

“I don’t know! All I know is that since the first day that we met, he never left my mind. And did I already mentioned what happened at the old café that we --”

“This is the 8th time that you’ll be telling about that.”

“Oh…how about the bus incident?”

“SAME.”

“Oh… Okay.”

 

Sehun got up, grabbed the spoon from Luhan’s hand and scooped a piece of the almond pudding. How rude. Have some manners, young man with raging hormones. “If I were to elaborate your condition….”

 

“There he goes again” Kai whispered, rolling his eyes.

“What was that, Kim Jongin?” Sehun paused.

“Nothing. Go ahead, Stinkbrain.”

 

And he’s back. “Again, if I were to elaborate your condition hyung, maybe it’s just a crush. That’s where everything starts after all! Trust me, I’m an expert.” he advised. “But for you Sehun, the bed is where everything starts.” Kai added. You got that right Jongin. A+ for your answer.

 

“Three words, one finger, Kim Jongin.”

“I love you too, Oh Sehun.”

 

 

How romantic. I’m just about to puke.

 

 

“But if it’s just a crush, why do I feel this way? Oh gods of almonds, help me!” Luhan yelled. What about the gods of almonds? Someone carry this man to the nearest mental institute, please.  The two moved closer to their hyung before shooting a grin to each other. “Stop overthinking, Lu hyung.” Jongin said, wrapping an arm around his hyung’s shoulder.

“C’mon! He’s just a man! I mean, you need to be manly here hyung. Do you think Winter will be happy if he found out that you’re going head over heels for an almond? Oh I mean that Minseok?” Sehun said. Well, how the hell Winter was joined in the conversation. And besides, Winter knew everything. Luhan nodded and stood up, fixing the mess that they did. He walked back to his locker and placed the empty container inside his bag.

 

“You know Jongin, I think I know what we should do.” Sehun whispered.

“Do you know what I’m thinking?” Jongin responded in a serious note. Moving closer to his friend.

“Do you even know how to think?” the annoying brat asked. The elder rolled his eyes and in a split second, Luhan sat back on his spot between the two. “What are you two talking about?” he asked, curiously while raising an eyebrow.

“We’re going to the club this coming Saturday, maybe y--”

“Club? You mean girls and beer and --”

“Nice butts. Nice round butts.”

 

There goes Sehun and his obsession with butts. “Yes hyung. May be you just need to get laid after all”. Jongin smirked

 

“What? Me? Get laid? No thanks, I have my own bed at home.”

 

Nope. It’s not another episode for Luhan’s so called dumbness. Basically, Luhan understood everything. For his dongsaengs, probably having is a way of relieving stress or anxiety but for him, it’ll never work unless it was Minseok. Oh, I mean, it will never work.

The alarm rung, signalling the workers that the break is over. They stood up and walked towards the store, and to their assigned places. “You can thank us later, hyung.” The two shouted. Luhan smiled in return. Jongin went to the dairy section and Sehun, to the pastry section. Luhan was assigned to the last unit which is the liquor section. Holding a piece of clipboard with him, he made his way passing by other rows. But a sudden voice made him stop.

 

“Which one should I buy? This ‘Cat Knows Best Cat Food’ or this ‘My Mighty Cat Ham Flavored Cat Food’ ? Ughhh. This is kinda crucial than I expected.”

 

It was Minseok, choosing a right cat food for his one and only cat, Melon. His voice, his voice, his voice. Luhan thought. Slowly, he moved his head as his eye captured the sight of Minseok, holding two cans, with his lips slightly pouted.  Minseok saw Luhan and smiled. “Hey there Luhan!”

 

“Oh! H-Hi Minseok.” Oh my freaking gosh. He’s getting tongue tied again.

“I’m gonna buy a cat food.” Minseok said as went back to choosing which can to select. “This one is better.” Luhan said, pointing to the Mighty Cat can. Minseok instantly dropped the other and bowed to Luhan, meaning he’s about to leave.

 

“Minseok!” the man turned around. “Yup?” he said, biting his pink plump lips. Can you just stop being overly y for a while, Seok? Just a while please. Lu gathered all this guts before talking back.“Are you free this Saturday?”

 

“Yeah,why?”

“I’m just .. maybe you could…. Ahmmm… Me and my friends are…. Oh . We’re going to a club and I just want to ask to --”

 

“Okay, I’m going. See y’all!”

 

 

 

Hell yeah. A round of applause for Luhan.