O2.

500 Days of Kim Minseok

 

{Day 5}

 

“Wait..w-what?”

“I said you have to leave, Luhan! It’s been 5 months and you’re still not paying for your rent!”

“But Mrs.Han you know that I don’t ha-”

“No more excuses, you little smurf. I’ll wait for the money tonight. Or else…. You know what’s gonna happen. I already warned you.”

 

Mrs.Han left the small apartment leaving Luhan and his dog inside it. Luhan haven’t paid his rent for 5 months because of his precious little dog. Winter got some ty named virus and Luhan bought some medicines and vaccines plus the check-up fees and other bulls. Well, they’ve been together since Luhan was a kid. How sweet.

He stared at his pantry and saw a jar of almonds, which reminds him of the boy that he met in the supermarket couple of days ago. For 5 consecutive days, this man has been thinking of one particular person. Minseok. Eating and having the thought of Minseok eating beside him. Sleeping, thinking that Minseok is hugging him close. Taking a bath with Minseok. Bringing Winter to the veterinarian with Minseok. Cleaning the bathroom with Minseok. WHAT THE HELL. He just can’t get enough of him. He needs to see Minseok as soon as possible. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE HE LOSE HIS SANITY.

Locking up his pet inside the room, Lu started his journey to his second home, the supermarket. Well, working there for almost 8 years isn’t that bad at all. He might receive a loyalty award someday. He deserves it,tho. Unfortunately, his bicycle’s tire was quite off so he has to commute. He trudged to the nearest bus station as he kept on thinking how to get a large amount of money in just 12 hours. He saw a newspaper beside a bench and grabbed it. He turned the pages on the classified ads section. Looking for a part time job that can pay him three times bigger than his current work.

After few minutes, the bus came and Luhan let go of the newspaper, disappointed. He rode the vehicle and look for a vacant seat. He saw one near the second door. Slowly, Luhan made his way to his chosen place. As the bus roamed around the city, it became more jammed. More like a can of spicy sardines.

 

“Luhan?” A familiar voice called. Luhan looked up and noticed that it was Minseok, standing beside him.

“O-oh! Hi there, Minseok!” Luhan’s heart pumped thrice as fast as the normal speed rate. GOOD GOD HE’S HERE OHMYGOD! SOMEONE PLS HELP ME I CAN’T BREATH DAMN IT. But he remained calm outside.

“It’s nice to see you here!”

“Oh, yeah! It’s really nice to see a beautiful c-creature like you inside a public bus, you know.” Luhan said AWKWARDLY.  Well yeah, he’s straight to the point but it’s just their second meeting! And it was kinda strange.

“Thanks! You look sad. Any problem?” Minseok asked. Luhan frowned as the bus continued to move. Suddenly it stopped, making the passengers lose their balance. Causing for Minseok to fall. “Hey Minseok!” Luhan said. He stood up and helped the man. “Here, take my place.”

“No. I’m fine. Thank you.”

“I don’t want you to get tired and yeah. Just sit down and be a good boy for me.”

“WHAT?”

 

That escalated quickly.

 

“I- I mean stay still so you won’t get hurt.”

“Ok.”

 

As soon as everything is already settled, Luhan told Minseok about his problem. There were times when Luhan was totally distracted by Minseok’s expressions and responses. HE’S SO DAMN CUTE AND I JUST CAN’T HANDLE HIS CUTENESS. SOMEONE STOP ME OR I’LL --- No. BEHAVE LUHAN. BEHAVE.

 

“I know a job!”

“What kind of job?” Luhan said. Smirking as dirty things came inside his head. Yeah, JOBS. Different kinds of JOBS.

“No one told me that you’re a ert.”

Luhan blushed in embarrassment. “No! It’s not that. I’m just trying to pull out a joke.”

“Fine. There’s a small cafe down the city and they’re currently hiring part-time workers.” Luhan’s ear lighten up when he heard about the hiring thingy.  So in less than a second he agreed to work there for a day. He called Sehun and said that he can’t attend his work in the supermarket because he’s sick.

 

“Luhan.” Minseok said seductively.

“UHMMM YEAH?” Gulping, Luhan replied.

“Aren’t you tired? You can sit here. I’d just sit on your lap if you want.”

 

HE’S GONNA WHAT?!  SIT ON MY WHAT?!  MINSEOK ARE YOU SERIOUS OR WHAT?!  Luhan blushed as the nodded slowly. Still in awe, Minseok let out a loud laugh, capturing the attention of the passengers. “Kidding. You’re still dumb after all.” Before pinching his cheek, making Luhan melt into puddles. No, not literally. The moment might be uncomfortable but Luhan will surely cherish it forever. The bus stop in front of a café. “Here we are!” Minseok exclaimed.

 

They walked inside the shop and saw an old man setting on the counter. “Hi Mr.Zhang!” He’s Mr. Zhang. Yixing’s father. Well, Yixing is Minseok’s childhood friend. “Hi Minseok. Who’s this guy?” He asked pointing to Luhan. Luhan bowed and beamed. “Good Morning, Sir. I’m Luhan.” Mr Zhang bowed in return.

 

“Minseok, is he your friend.”

“Nope.”

 

Luhan’s eyes widen. After all, he’s still a total stranger for Minseok. And it kinda breaks his heart. He’s having a 5 day crush with Minseok and maybe it’s too early to say it, but he feels different when he’s with Minseok.

 

“He’s looking for a part time job.”

“Great! You can clean this old café and I’ll pay you later.” Mr Zhang ordered then leaved the place.

 

Luhan looked around and noticed how old and dirty the place is. Full of antique things and other crappy items. The awful smell of the dust brushed his nose making him sneeze. It’s even dirtier than a bat cave. Dirtier than his apartment. DIRTIER THAN HIS MIND. YES.

 

“I don’t think I can--”

 

“You need to pay for your rent.” Minseok reminded while looking onto some frames and old pictures. “But the place is too big and--” Luhan was cut when Minseok threw a big broom near him. “It’s now or never, Luhan. I’m outta here. I already offered my help. So if you’re being choosy, I can’t blame you. I just wanted to help.” The smaller turned his back and walked towards the door. He’s annoyed by Luhan’s attitude. Luhan never wanted things to end-up this way so he stopped Minseok.

 

“Hey! Hey! Look. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” He said holding onto Minseok’s wrist.

“I just wanted to help you.” Minseok replied in a softer note. Tears started to form in his eyelids,

“I know. Sorry if I made you feel bad.”

“I’m used to it. I’m always the one who’s neglected. No one needs me nor my help. Sorry for bothering you Luhan.” And the chubby guy started walking away. It was heart-breaking for Luhan’s part. It was like losing someone important that isn’t even yours. Luhan ran after Minseok and held his hand. “Please don’t leave!”

 

“You need me?” Minseok replied, facing Luhan.

“I need you, Minseok. Please stop crying.” Luhan whispered as he wiped Minseoks tears. His face went closer to Minseok’s.

 

“DUMB! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

 

OK. WHAT A GREAT ACT KIM MINSEOK. The smaller guy laughed too hard that he was already crying. Everything, it was just a drama. No clear purpose but Minseok enjoyed his own scripted movie. Luhan on the other side, felt tricked of the second time this day. Not understanding what happened, he looked at Minseok. Now he got it. His crush was laughing his off because of him. GREAT.

 

“Come on! I’ll help you clean the café.” Minseok offered.

“Are you s-sure? Why do you want to--”

“Because you need me, right?”

 

 

 

I do. I do need you, Minseok.