Evening Disaster

Wedding Chaos

Ch.7

“So what is it exactly you do for a living?”

“I am a lawyer” He answers easily and that’s how they find their selves getting to know each other. Kris for a moment forgets his anxious feeling earlier.

****

Zitao snorts while trying the wine Kris’ ordered making Kris flustered on his own.

“A lawyer? Really?”

“Yes. Do I not look like one?”

Zitao purses her lips, looking at him up and down like some jury and laughs mockingly.

“Honestly, no.”

“What do you think I do for living then?”

 “Nothing.” Zitao answers without missing a beat.

The waiters come to their table, presenting the special menu Kris ordered earlier and he sees Zitao gets distract by the food for a second. Kris laughs at her behavior and Zitao just raises her chin, waiting for the waiter to finish presenting their food. She smiles sweetly at the waiters, saying thank yous and Kris doesn’t know why he suddenly feels like his breath is caught in his throat. After the waiters leave Zitao starts on cutting her steak immediately, not waiting for the suddenly quite Kris.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

ZItao doesn’t even glance at him from her food and Kris snaps, taking his glass and gulps down the red liquid.

“Sorry, I was thinking.” He offers her a smile and she just shrugs. “And sorry, why did you think I do nothing in my live?”

Zitao pauses to look at him and snorts again.

“Why do you keep on doing that?” Kris scrunches his face looking at Zitao with an odd look and to mock him, Zitao snorts again.

“Why? You don’t like me anymore because I do that?” Her eyes kind of sparkles at the idea of chasing him away with her behavior and Kris only laughs.

“I was just asking you know, you snorting won’t chase me away yet.” He smiles and Zitao rolls her eyes. “Really, why do you think that I am jobless?”

“Because you look like one of that rich cheabol who gets everything he wants served to him on silver plate.”

“And you are not?”

Zitao gasps, feeling insulted while Kris just calmly eating. She puts down her eateries and glares at him.

“Excuse me, what did you just say?”

Kris stops eating too, looking at her angry face and pours her another drink, and smiles.

“It’s just you are the conglomerates’ daughter, I don’t see you working.”

“I am sorry for being a conglomerates’ daughter but I am a business woman. I own a café downtown, while you, sir, are here in South Korea like you have nothing better to do in Canada.”

She purses her lips in anger and glares at him. Kris feels dumbfounded about that and just laughs, unconsciously reaching for her hand across the table. When he found her hand, he squeezes it gently. Zitao is in too much shocked that Kris just grabs her hand like that to pull away immediately.

“I am sorry, I don’t intend to make you mad.” He smiles at her, still unaware of Zitao’s expression.

“Hmm, what is your hand doing?” Zitao looks at him with a daze expression, alerting him. He looks at his hand and draws it back to him side, mumbling an apology.

“I am sorry, I didn’t…. I .. it’s just…” He sighs “I am really sorry, I didn’t think quite right.”

“Right…” She slurs and they awkwardly go back to their food.

Few minutes passed with only the sound of their knives and forks as the music. Zitao keeps on looking down on her food, feeling conflicted and Kris keeps on glancing at her.

“So, can I come to your café one of these days?” Kris offers Zitao a smile when she looked up at him.

“Um, yeah, of course, it’s a public place anyway” She bites her lips, contemplating of what to say. “I’m sorry for thinking you’re jobless” She finally said and offers him a smile back.

Kris feels like he’s accomplished something tonight with Zitao’s shy smile and he just wants to jump shouting in victory when he remembered that the girl in front of him, the girl he’s been pining since kids is a wife of someone else. He suddenly loses his appetite and just looks at her playing with the cherry tomato on her plate, not eating it.

Zitao catches him staring after a while and sits straight on her chair, this time taking her time to drink.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Why are you inviting me to this dinner?”

They question each other at the same time, making them stop what they are doing and opt to stare at each other. Zitao looks away first.

“I told you, I just what to get to know you and this way Grandpa will also stop disturbing me.”

“Why do you want to get to know me?”

“Maybe we can be friends eventually and you can see that I am already married and then you can tell my Grandpa that you don’t want to play his silly games anymore”

It’s not all wrong, Zitao thinks, she does hope for Kris to understand that encouraging her grandpa will only cause him no good, but Kris also doesn’t need to know that tonight, she just mostly want to get Sehun jealous. She grabs tightly on her glass, feeling her heart beats faster and faster like she is suffocating. At the back of her mind, she knows that she is using him for her own sake but she is determined to get back at Sehun first before thinking about the next step about Kris.

“Your so called husband left with his pretty secretary without telling you first and he told you not to call because apparently his business is more important than you.”

Kris’ cold voice makes Zitao grabs her glass tighter, she keeps on telling herself that Kris doesn’t know. Sehun loves her so much and they are happy.

“That’s not true” She said with less venom than she wanted.

“Which part of it is not true? Him leaving without telling or the fact that he’s there with his secretary?”

Zitao looks at him in the eye, trying so hard not to cry.

“There’s nothing between Sehun and Yixing Unnie. Sehun loves me, if he doesn’t we won’t be married.”

Kris tries so hard not to scream at her, asking her what she sees from Sehun.

“Marriage?  I heard that he signed a contract about marrying you with your father”

Kris’ knuckles has turned white from refraining himself to not do something stupid but he can’t help the poison on his words. He wants to know what Zitao thinks about that.

“So what if he did? It’s not proving anything.”

“It proves he will do anything to get what he think is his with any way possible.”

“What do you mean by that?” Zitao is feeling more and more agitated by Kris. He has no right to talk about Sehun like that while he knows nothing.

Kris looks straight to her eyes while saying his answer. “It means if he ever need to buy you, he’ll do it in a heart beat and he did by signing that contact.  He-“

“Stop.” Zitao said oddly calm. Kris looks at her and he can see her watering eyes. He realizes suddenly what he just implied to Zitao.

“Zitao I-“

“I tell you to stop. Stop talking.” Anger drips from her voice and face. “I really want to slap for saying all those rubbish but I don’t want to attract any attention so I’m holding it in.”

“Zitao I’m sorry” This time he reaches for her hand, she glares and pulls her hand to her chest.

“You don’t know anything about him, about me! You are just a stranger who comes barging in into our life. You don’t have the right to say those things about him, you jerk!”

Kris panics because it’s not his intention to make her like this. “I’m really-“

“No! Just stop talking” Zitao stands up from her chair, wipes her escaping tears. “I am going back, thanks for dinner and thanks for proving a point that you actually are an .”

Zitao walks out of the restaurant with Kris still frozen to his chair. He then stands up, wants to chase after her and apologize again and again until she forgives him but then he slouches down on his chair, both hands on the table supporting his head.

“! I was so stupid!” he hits his head repeatedly. Someone coughs and he looks up to find Minseok with worried face.

“What happen?”

He groans and gulps down his drink. “I was stupid. Where is she?”

“In the car, she’s crying and I hope that’s not because of you.” Minseok glares at him now and he gulps another glass.  “I’ll be taking he home first, you go home with Joonmyun.”

He just nods and Minseok leaves him to go find her boyfriend.

****

Minseok goes to the back of the building to find Joonmyun because he’s not answering his phone and it kind of irks her. She needs to be fast because it looks like Zitao is in a state where she will just drive by herself and get into an accident.

“Now where is he?”

She looks around, trying to find Joonmyun. She runs to him when she saw the guy but stops dead in her track. There, her boyfriend, Kim Joonmyun is currently in a heavy make out session with some girl. She feels like her legs have turned to jelly and backs away. She tries to tell herself that that is not Joonmyun, but the she knows for sure that’s him, she can see clearly the watch she gave him for his birthday wrap snugly on his left hand that’s cupping the girl’s head. She is angry, disappointed and mad. She wants to yank him away and gives him a piece of her mind but she just stands there, gritting her teeth. She backs away but accidentally knocks a trash can. The sound shocked the kissing couple and Joonmyun sees her. He looks at the girl he’s holding, then to Minseok and pushes the woman away, He looks as shocked as her. She wants to laugh at his face.

Joonmyun advances to Minseok but she brings up her hand, signaling for not coming any closer.

“Minseok..”

“I never peg you for a cheater, but I guess there’s always the first time for everything.”

Minseok just turns back and walks away from him. Her feet hurts and she wipes at her face, not realizing the tears streaming down. She won’t cry, she is a strong woman, she tells herself but the stupid tears keep on coming.

“Minseok wait” Joonmyun grabs her arm and trying to find her face. “I can explain, it’s not like what you think..”

Minseok glares at him, face wet. “I’ve seen enough, there’s nothing more to explain! You are an ! I hate you.”

Joonmyun drops his grip on Minseok and gapes at her. She walks further and he’s just rooting there, mulling over her words.

“So, is that you girlfriend?”

A voice from his left catching his attention and there, Kim ing Jongdae stares at him with a smirk. He can feel his cold Baretta inside his suit and he tempts to grab it and just shoot this girl. He ends up ignoring her in favor calling for Minseok with his phone, but Jongdae grabs the item from his hand.

“What do you want now!”

“Well, can we continue what were doing earlier? I really do think we are not finish yet”

Jongdae said with sultry voice, getting to Joonmyun’s personal space again and he can totally feel her breath fanning his face. He growls and pushes her away.

“You !”

Jongdae just laughs, steadying her self and looks nonchalant as if the word is a praise or something. It makes Joonmyun angrier. He rarely loses his cool like this but this girl Kim Jongdae can really bring out the worst of him.

What happened before

Jongdae always believe that she is a girl with a best luck and it proves itself to be true once again when she had dinner with Yonghwa, a hot guy at the gym she goes this morning. They are flirting just fine and she’s sure won’t be coming home alone tonight when she saw her main article subject gets into the restaurant with some blond guy. She almost chokes on her drink seeing that and her first reflex is taking out her phone, capturing their picture. Yonghwa moves his head to her phone lens.

“What are you doing?”

Jongdae just shushes him and takes few more pictures before Yonghwa decides to grab the phone. Jondae glares.

“Jongdae, what are you doing?”

“What are you doing?” Jongdae gives him the stink eye and grabs her phone back. People starts looking at their direction and Jongdae thinks she needs a better place to stalk Huang Zitao with the blond. She grabs her purse and tries to leave but Yonghwa grabs her hand, glaring at her.

“Where do you think you are going?”

“Let me go, jerk. I am not in mood now. I’ve got better things to do” Well is great but she can get that anywhere and anytime she wants but chance of meeting Zitao with another guy? It’s not an everyday event.

“You are not going anywhere, !” Yonghwa pulls her harshly. Jongdae then grabs his glass and pours it on him, she laughs mockingly and leaves as fast as she can before more people looking.

“Yeah, as if I haven’t heard that before” She mumbles to herself, walking to the backside of the building when somebody yanks her.

“Ahh..asbsabb”

A palm drowns her scream and her back meets with a sturdy chest, she looks up anxiously and wants to laugh. It’s just the bodyguard, Suho.

Suho pushes her away from him and sweeps his eyes up and down when she realized the phone in her hand. He yanks it away, ignoring Jongdae’s yelp and finds Zitao and Kris’ pictures.

“Hey! Give that back!” Jongdae tries to grab it back but Joonmyun raises it higher so Jongdae won’t get it. Jongdae huffs, hands on her waist, looking annoyed. “Give that back this instant or I’ll scream”

Joonmyun spares her a glance and laughs. He erases the pictures and shoves the phone back at Jongdae .Jongdae checks her phone and she glares at the butler.

“Why did you erase those pictures?”

Suho looks at her, examining her from top to toe and scoffs.

“You are one of those reporters, aren’t you? What a low job, stalking people anywhere and snapping their private life as if it’s nothing.”

“Why are you so mad? I do this for justice.” Jongdae shoves her phone to her purse and sighs. It looks like she won’t be getting anything tonight with Suho here. But maybe she can get Suho to bring her home instead? If she can’t get the article, is always good thing too. She smirks at Suho and leans on the wall, hands folded on her chest.

“What kind of justice, you did this for money.”

Suho turns his earphone off so Minseok won’t hear this, he doesn’t want to get scolded by his girlfriend by speaking harsh things to a woman none the less.

“It looks like Ms. Huang is a two timer, so if I write about this, Kai will know what kind of girl she is. I save him from making the wrong choice.”

Suho stiffens from her answer because if people do know about this, this reporter won’t take down only Kai, but also Zitao and Kris. He stares at her smug expression and feels unsettle. He feels like this evil woman knows more about this and probably more than him self. He needs to make sure this lady won’t be a hindrance later.

“You know nothing about their life, you just get a snippet of it and make it into false rumor.”

Jongdae pays more attention to his face expression and sees the anxious look. She is a psychology major after all. She can detect the panic slowly rising in Suho’s voice.

“And you know more about it?”

“I don’t need to answer that!”

“Ah, how foolish of me” Jongdae said slowly, making sure to look directly at Suho’s eyes. “Of course you know, you are Ms. Huang’s bodyguard after all.”

Jongdae wants to laugh for catching Suho’s surprised expression. He then schools his expression to a nonchalant look.

“Yes I am. So I hope you can stay away from her, before I take a drastic measure.”

“Please delight me, what kind of measure?” She takes a step forward and Suho takes a step backward. “Does it include ropes? A whip? A cuff? Tell me”

Suho’s back is meet with the wall and Jongdae is in front of him so close. She smirks at him and , her words shouldn’t have turning him on. He is a trained butler, this kind of seduction should not be affecting him. He tries to calm down, breathing calmly.

“Please step back now, before I really need to take you down.”

Jongdae smirks and advances more, her front is now pushing Suho’s chest. Oh, how she enjoy this, this man is just so easy to rile up. Good thing she’s wearing such a low cut tonight.

“Oh, you are , Mr. Bodyguard. I am waiting for you to take me down, here, where everybody can see.”

She whispers those words and Suho gulps soundly. She pulls back a bit and smiles mischievously at him and Suho looks down at her and God, he can see her from this angle. No! He has a girlfriend, he won’t do anything stupid.

“So what if you have a girlfriend? I have a guy whom will take me home few minutes ago but now look, I am with you”

Suho doesn’t realize he voices his thought aloud. He pushes her away, looking mad.

“You are such a !”

“Yeah, heard that lots of time already, so thanks” She smiles cutely at him and Suho doesn’t understand how can she just take it like it’s nothing?

“Just go away from here Jongdae, I don’t want to entertain you any longer.”

She has the decency to pout and grips on his blazer.

“But I still want to play and you have things I want!”

Suho does have things she wants, not only the but the information about Zitao and Kai and that blond guy and also the guy at the park.

“What do you want?” he asked, almost like whining, hoping she would just bug off.

“You…” And all of the information you have.

Suho tries to push her again but this time she grips tighter on his blazer.

“I have no interest in you and I already have a girlfriend”

“Oh come on, don’t lie to me. I can see you looking down at my chest.”

“So what? I am a guy and if you don’t want to be looked at wear something more appropriate!” He answers carelessly and Jongdae laughs.

“I like you. You are cute.”

“Well I don’t like you”

“Tell me, does your girlfriend good? Or you don’t really know because you only ever had her, not other girls. If yes, you should change that, shall we?”

“Can’t you just shut up and get off me!”

Jongdae pretends to think and shakes her head.

“Nah, I like being like this, seeing you all frustrated because of me”

Suho groans, if it continues any longer he will get hard. Jongdae chuckles lowly.

“Look at you, looks like I find one of your kink. Does your girlfriend know about this? I bet she doesn’t, she must be just an average girl with nothing good on her”

“Don’t say that about her. She is a better woman than you’ll ever be.”

“Yeah? I don’t think so”

 Jongdae pushes her hips forward and Suho growls. She laughs, feeling him getting half hard. She then steps back making Suho stumbles forward a bit, unconsciously looking for more friction. She smirks, analyzing him and she knows she already wins.

“You are so much fun, Suho. I think I’ll enjoy having you around”

“Just shut the up!”

“Well, I know my mouth is so difficult to shut but I also know what you can do to shut it”

She leans back on the wall across him and can see the anger mix with lust in his eyes. Just a little bit more.

“Or I can just shoot you in the head”

“Oh, so . I never has a body guard friend, so I never know they are into heavy stuff, or is it just- hmp”

Jongdae never finishes her sentence because Suho’s already advancing to her and pulls her hair harshly and kiss her hard. Her hands automatically go to his neck pulling him down for more. The kiss is not an ounce sweet, it’s punishing, full of biting and she tastes blood, probably hers.

She moans when Suho moves one of his leg between her legs and bites particularly hard on her lips. He can hear the voice in the back of his head, screaming at him asking him what he is doing, kissing some woman while he has Minseok waiting for him. But this woman is so annoying and he just wants her to shut up. She’s unravel him with only words and he dare to say, he never feels like this before. So angry and turn on at the same time.

Back to the present

Suho walks away from Jongdae who call back at him to give her a call but he decides to ignore it. He suddenly feels so stressed and angry. He’s been so angry since meeting Jongdae. He gets into the restaurant and sees Kris, hands covering his face. He sighs and sits on Zitao’s seat earlier.

“Did you it up?”

Suho’s rude voice startles Kris, he glares at Suho but then see his friend’s troubled face too and just sighs.

“Yeah, I did.” He gulps down the wine and pours more, but it’s already empty. He flags the waiter and asks for heavier drink and orders for Suho too.

“What happen to you?” He asks after the waiter left.

“I up too”

He chuckles lowly and Kris laughs too. They are such pathetic man. It’s supposes to be a great dinner but it turned out to be a disaster and Kris ends up drinking with Suho the whole night.

*****

The drive home with Zitao and Minseok is quite, only sniffling can be heard from both girls. ZItao looks sideway to Minseok who’s eyes are also swollen.

“Why are you crying?”

Minseok ignores her and just continue to drive home as fast as she can. She doesn’t want to deal with anything right now, she just wants to sleep it off. She can see Zitao’s pouting  from the corner of her eyes.

“You can talk to me if there’s something wrong, Unnie.” Zitao speaks slowly, afraid of Minseok’s bad aura surrounding her. Minseok pries her eyes from the road a second looking surprised.

“I thought you hate me, why are you suddenly being nice?”

Zitao continues pouting and opens her phone, texting Baekhyun.

“I don’t hate you. The people I hate are my Grandpa and Kris, you and Suho Oppa have nothing to do with this, but maybe I do hate Suho Oppa a bit.”

She smiles at the older woman. “I do sincerely want to be friends”

Minseok steps on the brake so hard that Zitao’s body gets pushed forward from the force. She looks out and realizes they already are at home. She gives Minseok a smile again and gets out of the car, running to Baekhyun who’s waiting at the door for her.

Minseok looks at Zitao’s figure and shakes her head, laughing.

“That girl really is really weird”

She too gets out of the car, gives the key to the door man. She looks at the convenience store few buildings away and decides maybe she needs some beer.

After purchasing some packs she walks back to the complex, smiles at the door man who’s eyeing her oddly. She walks to the elevator and stops from pressing Zitao’s floor. She pushes the top button, deciding that she needs some alone time first.

She looks at the red numbers at indicating the floor number and almost cries again. But before the tears come, she already rips open one can and drinks. The elevator stops with a ding and she gets out of the stuffy box and walks to the stairs. She opens the door to the rooftop and takes notice of few benches there. She sits on one and sips the beer. She hears obnoxious voices coming out from other side of the rooftop and just snorts. Probably somebody’s having a pool party. Rich bastard. She tunes out their voice and focus on nothing.

She never enjoys drinking but right now she just want to get wasted. She looks up at the sky, sees nothing but a dark polluted sky. She doesn’t realize that she’s crying again when a hand wipes her tears away. She grips the wrist and looks at her left. She is face to face with Luhan, but this Luhan looks so different from the cocky bastard she’s been used to see. This Luhan looks concerned. She lets go of his hand and drink some more.

“Please leave, I don’t want to play now”

“Why are you crying?”

Minseok doesn’t spare him a glance, just drink from her can. Luhan then pries her grip on the can and drinks it up himself. Minseok looks mad but Luhan grabs two more can and open it. He smiles, offering one to Minseok.

“Drinking is always good when you have company, here, take this”

“It’s mine to begin with, don’t act like it’s yours!” Minseok spat but takes the can anyway, chugging it.

Luhan drinks too but his eyes never leaves Minseok. She looks sad and she has been crying. He unintentionally crushes the can a bit, making it splutters to his face. Minseok laughs at his wet face.

“You are so stupid!”

“It doesn’t matter, I make you laugh for being stupid.”

Luhan grins and Minseok looks away from him. Luhan dares himself to takes her hand in his, she looks surprised but doesn’t put much fight either. Minseok feels his eyes bores her head and she knows what he wants to know.

“I don’t want to talk about-“

“It’s okay” Minseok snaps him a look and furrows her eyebrow.

“What?”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. It’s just I don’t like seeing you cry, so please don’t cry. You can just punch me if you want”

Luhan’s smiling so sincerely and it kind of hurts, because it makes her think of Joonmyun. Joonmyun who’s busy having his tongue down another girl’s throat. She scoffs and pulls her hand away.

“Don’t be annoying or I’ll kick your !”

Luhan’s laugh is melodious and she stands up, intending to go away but Luhan takes her wrist.

“Please stay, I won’t bug you anymore”

Minseok looks at him and he gives her a little smile, taking his hand away from her and drinks his beer. She sighs and sits back. She finishes the can in record time and opens another one. Luhan chuckles.

“You are pretty good with drinks”

“I am not…” Minseok slurs, then Luhan looks at her flushed face and unfocused eyes. He makes a stop of her drinking more but Minseok just glare at him.

“Then why are you drinking so much? You are drunk already..’

“Shut up! I just want to drink, don’t you dare stopping me!”

Luhan puts down his can and looks at her. She is sniffling quietly at her drinks and Luhan thinks it’s enough. He takes the can away, ignoring her protest and hugs her forcefully. She trashes in his arm but he hugs her more.

“Let me go…” She hits his chest. “Let me goo..” The more words coming out from her the more it becomes a sob and she ends up just crying in his hold. Luhan her hair while listening to her sobbing. He rocks back and forth, trying to calm her down and kisses her hair.

“Joonmyun you jerk! I am going to kill you…” Minseok slurs in between her sobs and Luhan gets more confused.

“What did he do?” He keeps her hair and she looks up at him laughs. She is drunk.

“Come kiss me Luhan, you like me, don’t you? Kiss me!”

She tries to kiss Luhan but Luhan pulls away. He does want to kiss her, but not like this.

“Minseok, calm down…”

She pouts. “You don’t like me?”

“I do..” Luhan splutters, his cheek heats up because Minseok is now seated up on his lap and , she is so pretty this close.

“Then kiss me….” She grips on Luhan’s shirt and plants on his face, instead of his lips it only gets to his chin. She pouts again, shaking Luhan. “Kiss me….”

“You are drunk.” Luhan states and he tries to pry Minseok from him.

“So what? Joonmyun can kiss other girl but I can’t?”

“Joonmyun cheated on you?” Luhan raised his voice and Minseok cowers. He doesn’t mean to scare her but it just anger him hearing about that.

Minseok then snuggles at him and starts to cry again, telling him what he saw earlier. Luhan grips her close and he thinks he needs to talk with Joonmyun. A few minutes just pass with Luhan trying to calm Minseok down and increasingly the sob die down. Luhan peeks at her face and finds that she’s already sleeping. He wipes at her face, longing in his eyes.

“Such a pretty flower like you is not supposed to be like this…”

He gets up, with Minseok on his arm and brings her down, to his floor.

****

“Unnie..” Zitao asked facing Baekhyun on her bed, eyes gleaming with tears.

“Hmm?”

“What if Kris’ right?”

“About what?”

“About Sehun doesn’t actually love me and only thinks of me as an object that he can buy”

Baekhyun rolls her eyes and sandwiches their hand together.

“We already passed this phase Tao, we both know he loves you, I know, I can see it in his eyes, he’s just too stupid in expressing himself.”

“You think so?” Zitao is already smiling and Baekhyun smiles too.

“I always think so”

“Okay, thanks Unnie…”

Both girls close their eyes and hope tomorrow everything will be over.

****


A/N:

Hiii~ It,s been quiet a time, right.keke.... Sorry!

So many things happened in this past few months and, actually that's nothing to do ith my writings, I am just a lazy procrastinator.lol.

Anyway, here is the rest of the night, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

And for the one who're waiting for The perfect Yes, please be patient. I am a bit stuck there, please give it more time.

last, please suscribe, comments and upvotes if you guys like this.

thanks~

D