A Long Night

Wedding Chaos

Ch.6

Going out for the first time with Zitao has Kris standing for few hours in front of the mirror. Tying and retying the tie, changing the shirt few times, combing his hair few times and choosing wisely on his perfume. He is in the middle of getting the tie off for the nth times already when Joonmyun finds him. The butler laughs at the door, making Kris kind of blush because he totally acts like a teenage girl on first date.

“Do you think that I am overdressed?” He looks to Jonnmyun and the butler chooses a bow tie to give it to him. Kris takes the offending thing.

“No, because you are going to a high end restaurant, wearing jeans will result in you getting kick out. Zitao is ready though…”

Kris stiffens at Joonmyun’s smile and he sighs, wearing the bow tie. He glances at his mirror the last time before walking to the door. He pauses at the door and Joonmyun pats him on the back.

“Don’t be too nervous, it’ll ruin the moment.” Kris looks at his friend, brows furrowing.

“Zitao?”

“She is in the living room with Minseok. I suggest you to prepare yourself for the visual.” Joonmyun jokes and Kris relaxes thanks to that.

“Really?”

“Yeah, your date is looking so pretty”

“Prettier than Minseok?” Kris throws back and Joonmyun smacks him on the shoulder.

“Now, you can’t make me compare them. If Minseok to wear a dress too, she’ll also look pretty that you’ll find your self drooling too”

To say Kris is nervous is an understatement because there she is, sitting prettily on the couch, his date. Kris is standing frozen by the door, catching his breath and Joonmyun nudges his aside muttering about that is just her backside. . Joonmyun is right, that is just her backside, but what catches his attention is something behind her neck, her hair is tied in a high bun that he can see clearly the black ink behind her neck. It is the same tattoo, the one just above his left chest. His heart beats a little faster that he needs to catch his breath for it, and Joonmyun is giving him a weird look. Zitao is still busy texting when he walks to her and contemplating whether he should tap her bare shoulder or call her name.  In the end, Minseok seems to be impatient enough that she announces his where about loudly.

“There you are Kris!” The bubbly girl comes to his side and Zitao is looking back at him. “Now go, both of you”

Minseok pulls on Kris’ sleeve and Zitao stands up. She takes a double take at him and she has to admit that Kris looks dashing. Zitao unconsciously blushes and averts her attention to her heels. She does not know why it feels so awkward. This is just a game. She said to herself but she can’t help the tingling feeling in her chest.

Joonmyun and Minseok are looking at the two awkward couple with raised eyebrows. Minseok looks from the still fidgeting Kris to the blushing ZItao to her boyfriend. She gives Joonmyun a glare whom is busy looking at them with amused smile. Joonmyun, sensing his girlfriend’s stare clears his throat and Kris jumps. Kris freeing himself from Minseok’s grip and walks to Zitao’s side.

 “Shall we go?” Kris offers his hand to Zitao.

Get a grip of your self Tao!’ Zitao scolds herself and sighs. She needs to do this to get back at Sehun. Remembering her goal, she straightens herself and smiles lovingly at her date.

“Of course” She takes Kris’ arm and walks with him toward the door. Before opening the door, Zitao looks back at the butler couple.

“You two not coming?”

Joonmyun laughs because Zitao just asked them to come, while usually she is adamant about it. As if answering his question, Zitao speaks again.

“I am supposed to be Kai’s girlfriend now, I don’t think it would do Kai any good if any of those pesky paparazzi take a picture of me together with some other guy, right?”

She gives them a charming smile and walks out with Kris.

Being in the same car with only two of them in it is really awkward for both of them. They keep being quite that the only sounds heard is the annoying robotic voice of the GPS lady telling Kris the right way to the restaurant. Zitao is checking her phone for Baekhyun’s update. The older girl is already at the restaurant, sitting at the most unsuspicious table from their reserved table. Zitao smiles secretly and looks at Kris. She frowns and lets out a deep breath, catching Kris’ attention, but the said man said nothing.

“My Grandpa must be thrilled if he knows about our date” Zitao looks out of the window, trying to chase the boredom away. Kris just hums and it frustrates Zitao more. She looks at the man beside her.

“Why aren’t you talking to me? I am feeling a bit bored here”

Kris looks at the girl beside him and gulps. It’s not that he doesn’t want to engage her in a decent conversation but that tattoo on her neck is really distracting.

“That tattoo behind your neck…” Zitao gives him a curious look and then reaches to the said tattoo, a frown on her lips.

“What about it?”

“I also have one…”

“I don’t really care about that.” She snorts at him and crosses her arm on her chest. “I made it permanent because Sehun-“

She stops mid sentence and glares at nothing in particular. Kris’ grip on the steering wheel is also tightening, face blank.

“He’s still not calling you?” Voice hard while taking a glance at the side mirror, seeing a familiar black car tailing from behind.

The girl beside him glares at him. “Doesn’t matter.” And then her face turns into a wide charming smile. “It’s our date tonight, so lets not mention what’s his name”

Kris feels like there is something terribly wrong about tonight and Zitao’s response only gives him more anxious feeling. Good thing Joonmyun and Minseok are going to be with them. He gives the girl beside him a smile and she turns her head to the window. He totally misses the smirk on her face.

*****

Baekhyun can’t believe she is sitting a five star Italian Restaurant with a stranger. She sighs loudly and drinks her wine in one gulp. She looks at her watch and Zitao will be arrived in any minutes now.

“Are you okay, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun looks at her companion and smiles half heartedly, she gets a wide grin with full of teeth in return.

“I can’t believe you take me out tonight”

“Yeah I can’t believe it my self too,” She whispers to herself, the said guy being oblivious to her. Things she does for Zitao. She will surely ask for few new bags later.

“I still can’t believe that you asked me out”

“Please Chanyeol, stop being annoying.”

She has one hand supporting her head and suddenly there is a firm grip on her free hand. She looks at the hand and the hand’s owner who is looking at her with concern.

“Are you sure you okay? I mean we can just leave...” He looks crestfallen and he looks like a sad puppy, a cute sad puppy. Who said that? Definitely not Baekhyun. She takes her hand back and places it on her lap, clearing .

“I am fine. Lets just order now, I am hungry”

Chanyeol gives her a big smile and signal the waiter to come. Baekhyun tells herself that this is not a date. She is here to spy on ZItao and Kris, takes pictures and calls Sehun. That is it, nothing more. She will pay the food and leave Chanyeol to eat the dessert. She groans because it sounds cruel. It is all Kim Jonghyun’s fault.

Several hours earlier

“What do you mean you can’t come?” Baekhyun paces around her living room, wearing a bathrobe and she is fuming.

“I am sorry, Baek. I really want to go but I have to check something about those butlers you asked me about. I think I found something big and I need to check it first.”

“Oppa… How could you do this to me! You can just check it later. I’ve even reserved a table for two and if I don’t come with companion it’ll be really embarrassing”

She groans listening to Jonghyun’s sorry voice and sighs.

“Alright then, I’ll just find some other guy to accompany me. Let’s meet tomorrow for the information you got”

“I’m sorry baby…”

Baekhyun lets out an angry laugh. How dare this guy call her baby?

“Don’t call me that. We are not dating and most importantly I know that you have a thing for Taemin’s cousin.”

“But baby, I thought we have something special together…”

Baekhyun rolls her eyes and walks to her kitchen for a glass of water.

“I told you it was just one time and right now, it’s just purely business between us.”

She can practically imagine him pouting because Kim Jonghyun really knows she is weak for a sad puppy look.

“If you have nothing more to say, I’ll hang up. Tomorrow at 10, my café. I perhaps will deliver some good words about you to Key Unnie”

“Really? Will you do that?”

Wow. A split second ago, he was still trying to get her now one word about Key Unnie he already forgot me. Well, that’s good then. She won’t be pestered anymore.

Baekhyun rolls her eyes hearing the excited tone of Jonghyun. She hangs up with an okay and walks back to her room, trying to think other guy to bring. She is thinking about bringing Luhan when her bell rang. She checks the time and she only has an hour to get ready. She walks with a slump on her shoulder to the door, opening it just a little. She doesn’t expect the man few days ago to stand in front of her door holding a suspicious box in his hand.

“ Hey! Do you remember me?” The guy waves at her and she kind of just stands there accusingly. When he got no response, the guy continue “I am Park Chanyeol. Few days ago the movers got the wrong floor, remember.”

Baekhyun pretends to think and smiles at the Park Chanyeol guy. The man looks extra happy when she nods.

“Is there something I can help you with? I am Byun Baekhyun by the way” Baekhyun offers her hand and Chanyeol takes it quickly. The guy not finding it weird that Baekhyun’s not even opening the door. She is wearing a bathrobe, for God’s sake.she won’t open the door no matter what it cost.

“It’s nice meeting you again, Baekhyun. I just want to give this” Chanyeol lifts the box “It’s a blueberry pie, by the way”

Baekhyun blinks her eyes and asks “Why are you giving it to me?”

“Well, it’s an apology pie for, you know, few days ago” He scratches his neck with his free hand and looks curiously at Baekhyun. “Hmm, can I come in?”

“Oh!” Baekhyun grabs her bathrobe tighter with one hand and flusters. “I am sorry but I am kind of underdressed right now.”

“Ah…” Baekhyun sees something like disappointment in his eyes for a second but his grin is back in second. “That’s fine then. I’ll just leave this to you”

He offers the box once again to Baekhyun and she looks at the box. Something like a light bulb just appears in her head. She takes the box gratefully and when Chanyeol turns back Baekhyun tell herself Oh what the hell.

“Chanyeol sshi!”

Chanyeol turns back to her almost immediately it kind of shocked her.

“Yes?”

She takes a deep breath and “Would you like to have dinner with me?”

Baekhyun can see the surprised look on Chanyeol’s face. Meanwhile Chanyeol is just stuck frozen like a dumb, cannot believing the turn out of event. He clears his throat seeing how Baekhyun is waiting for his answer which is absolutely a yes.

“When do you want to go?” He asked and Chanyeol sees her blushing. Baekhyun fidgets on her feet before answering her with a small smile.

“Now?”

Chanyeol wants to pinch him self for this great sudden invitation.

“Now?” He repeats, not believing his ears.

“Yeah..” She bites her lips out of habit and Chanyeol finds it really cute. “I actually have a meeting with my friend and I already reserved a table for two at this first class restaurant. I don’t want to be seen as a loser who got ditch”

“Your date ditch you?” Chanyeol is a bit disappointed hearing this.

“No! totally not a date. It’s just there is something I have to do there for my friend” She gives him her own sad puppy look which always work at every guy. Chanyeol is no exception. At least Chanyeol feels a bit better hearing about that. She doesn’t have a date, she just wants to help a friend.

“I’ll go.”

Baekhyun looks pleased to hear this. “Meet me at the lobby in an hour then?”

Chanyeol actually wants to wait for her in her house, after him getting ready in like five minutes of course, but he can do that some other time. Right now, he just nods and Baekhyun awards him with a pretty smile. He practically runs back to his own floor, almost hurting his head for jumping happily.

Baekhyun turns her back to the door and slams her head to the door, grunting.

“What did you just get your self into, Byun Baekhyun?”

*****

Yes, what she just get herself into, she has no idea. Chanyeol is smiling happily at her while chatting her ears off. She doesn’t even know what he’s talking about because Zitao is coming and they glance at each other for a second. Baekhyun takes a note that Kris is having his hand on her lower back.  Sehun will hate that. Now, just how will she take the pictures with Chanyeol being here?

*****

Zitao is smirking at Baekhyun from the door while Kris escorting her inside. The waiter leads them to their seat and Kris, like a gentleman he is, lets Zitao sits first. From Baekhyun’s seat, she is sure the older girl will take a perfect picture. But one look at Baekhyun, she feels weird because Baekhyun actually looks nervous and who is that guy with her?

The waiter comes to their table and they both order, Zitao’s eyes still peeking at Baekhyun’s table. She is still not taking pictures, she is busy talking with her date. She pouts openly and then she feels Kris’ hand on hers. She looks at him startle.

“Are you okay?”

Zitao just looks at him and then Kris moves his hand, laughing awkwardly. “Sorry” Zitao just shakes her head and smiles.

“I am fine. Now, lets not be awkward and talk to me”

She announces proudly and Kris smiles at her.

“So what is it exactly you do for a living?”

“I am a lawyer” He answers easily and that’s how they find their selves getting to know each other. Kris for a moment forgets his anxious feeling earlier.

****

“Are you sure you are fine, Baekhyun? You look… Nervous”

Chanyeol can see the conflict in Baekhyun’s eyes as if she wants to tell Chanyeol something but he decided to let her calm first. It doesn’t take 5 minutes for her to break.

“Can I just be honest with you?”

Chanyeol nods, waiting for her to talk. She looks distracted with something.  She keeps on looking at something behind his back. He peeks a little and finds himself surprised.

‘Isn’t that Zitao? What is she doing here? Who is that guy with her? That’s totally doesn’t look like that pompous celebrity, Kai’

Chanyeol diverts his attention to his front and find Baekhyun’s still looking at, he assume, Zitao’s table. ! He can’t be seen with Baekhyun. It will ruin everything. He gulps nervously and tries to find a way to get out of this place soon.

“What is it you want to say?” Chanyeaol hastily asked, drinking his wine and pours another to his glass.

Baekhyun takes her eyes away from Zitao and Kris to look at Chanyeol. She has decided that the best way to do this is by being honest to Chanyeol.

“So, I am actually here to spy on my friend” Chanyeol oddly look as distracted as her but, that’s not her problem. “I am supposed to take pictures of her and her date tonight and send an emergency text to his husband”

“I don’t get it” Chanyeol furrows his brows and Baekhyun is almost, almost reach out.

Baekhyun runs her hand on her long hair. “Here’s the deal, my friend is mad at her husband so she wants to get back at him by going out on a date with another guy and my duty is take their pictures and send it to her husband so he’ll be jealous and apologize to her”

Chanyeol is trying to digest this newfound information from Baekhyun. Now he just needs to know one little bit info.

“So your friend is sitting behind me?”

Baekhyun looks up and nods. Chanyeol gulps because what is the percentage of him crushing on the friend of the person he is supposed to seduce? Darn his bad luck.

“Are you mad at me? I am really sorry for leading you…” Baekhyun gives him a guilty look and probably this is not that bad. It’s probably advantageous for him to find a way to get into Sehun’s nerve. He needs more information because apparently another guy has got into the picture. He makes his mind and smiles at Baekhyun.

“Well, what can I do to make you success your mission then?”

“Oh god thank you, for a moment I think you are going to leave. I am really sorry Chanyeol” Baekhyun squeezes his hand, which shocked herself. She pulls back and Chanyeol laughs merrily at her.

“But I think you owe me a dinner for helping you tonight”

Chanyeol winks, oblivious to the red tint spreading on Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun takes out her phone, adjusting the camera on Kris and Zitao and uses Chanyeol as her hiding. The waiter who comes with their appetizers gives her a ridiculous look and Baekhyun just shrugs. Chanyeol is trying his best to not turning around so Zitao won’t recognize him and thinking some way to get out. He looks at the food in front of him.

“Hey, Baekhyun…”

Baekhyun who is busy clicking her camera gives him a glance, silently asking what happen. Chanyeol smiles at her.

“Can we just move out here after you finish?” Baekhyun gives him a look and Chanyeol laughs awkwardly, scratching his nose. “I am actually really craving some junk food right now…”

Baekhyun hates junk food, eating it will surely make her gain some pound but she is also uncomfortable sitting here whole night eyeing her best friend with a stranger. Kris might even notice her.

“Okay then” She agrees hastily and back to her camera, catching the perfect picture of Kris holding Zitao’s hand. She almost jumps on her chair because that is an awesome picture and she is sure Sehun will burn in anger and comes back running. She sees Zitao glancing at her and she smirks, gives her a thumb up. She then sends a text to Zitao, attaching the picture and telling her about her leaving.

“You look so excited…” Baekhyun almost forgets Chanyeol is there with her. She beams at him.

“I get a really nice picture” She shows it to him and her phone vibrate, signaling for incoming massage. Chanyeol just laughs and flag the waiter for their bill.

“Okay! Let’s go now, I informed Zitao already and now let just sending my SOS message to Sehun.” Baekhyun giggles to herself, oblivious to Chanyeol’s smirking face.

When the bill comes, Chanyeol snatch it immediately from Baekhyun and Baekhyun glares at him.

“I am the one who invited you. Let me pay it…”

“No, it’s okay. It’s not official dinner anyway. Beside, I am a great gentleman, will never let a woman pay”

Chanyeol grins and Baekhyun snorts. “I can very well pay for my own food, you know”

“But we didn’t even eat anything…”

Chanyeol states and Baekhyun just gives up. Arguing with Chanyeol here will surely attract unneeded attention anyway. She busy her self with her phone again, this time texting Sehun.

“Come on, I’m hungry…” Chanyeol stands up and Baekhyun follows suit, giving Zitao a salute and a good luck.

Chanyeol hasn’t even closed Baekhyun’s door yet for Sehun to call the said woman. Baekhyun gives Chanyeol a playful laugh and tell him to be quite. She arranges her expression and clears before answering. Chanyeol is laughing quietly beside her on the car, starting the engine.

“Oh my god Sehun where are you? Why is ZItao with Kris?”

Baekhyun is practically screaming at Sehun with a high tone voice and she is sure Sehun is annoyed hearing it.

“Can you stop screaming, Noona? How did you get the picture?”

Baekhyun is a bit startled because she hasn’t thought of answering this question. But she is Byun Baekhyun, she is good at anything, lying include.

“Hmm, well…. I was there” She glance at Chanyeol and smiles apologetically at him before continuing. “I had a date with this guy and then I saw them”

“So, why didn’t you come to their table and I don’t know maybe asking my wife why she’s there with that guy”

Sehun’s voice gets higher every time he talks and Baekhyun is kind of scared of his scary voice.

“Sorry Sehun but I was really shocked and decided to just run away from there to inform you.” She uses her innocent voice again “Wait a minute, so, you are telling me that you don’t know about this? Wow, how could this be? Are you fighting with her?”

“….”

“Sehun? Are you still there? Where are you?”

“I am hanging up. If there’s something else happening, please tell me” There is a rustle from Sehun’s line and a scream “Yixing Noona! We are coming home now!” and then a woman voice, Baekhyun recognized as Yixing “Huh? Why? There will be no more flight back at this hour, beside we still need to get the signed contract from Mr. Choi tomorrow morning”

Sehun cursed loudly and Baekhyun smiles softly. Sehun might be a brat with emotional issue but she knows Sehun loves Zitao more than anything, but sometimes he is just too stupid for his own good.

“Noona…” Baekhyun hums softly “I’ll try to get home as soon as possible but can I ask for your help tonight?”

“What is it?”

“Can you make sure Zitao is safe at home? I don’t want something to happen with her. Please take her to Jongin or have a sleep over, I don’t want that guy taking advantage of my wife”

“Yes, of course Sehun.  Just come home fast”

“Okay, thanks Noona”

Baekhyun hangs up and texts Zitao about the phone call. Chanyeol glances at her side and decides that maybe he can gain more about Zitao thru Baekhyun now.

“You are smiling to your self. Is something good happen?”

Baekhyun looks back and beams. “Yes, Sehun will come home first thing in the morning, I’m pretty sure of it.”

“So, who was that guy with your friend earlier? Your other friend who knows about the plan?”

“Of course not” She snorts. “He is just some guy” Baekhyun turns to look back at the front.

“So, that guy doesn’t know anything and you and your friend is just using him?”

Baekhyun won’t feel guilty about it but Chanyeol is saying it like that is the worst crime ever.

“I am not sorry for him. He still needs to be kicked out anyway”

Chanyeol plays it cool and chuckles acting as nonchalant as he can.

“You sound like you don’t like this guy. What if your friend’s husband, Sehun right, decides to kick his or something”

Baekhyun gives him and exasperated look “You don’t understand…”

“Then tell me, come on, Baekhyun, I’m already inside this game since helping you earlier, the least you can do is telling me the whole story isn’t it? Beside if I am not mistaken from the news this afternoon, that girl is Huang Zitao, the daughter of Han Geng, the most influential person in entertainment industry and she is currently in a very serous relationship with a new raising artist name Kai”

Baekhyun tries to not looking nervous because she is not sure how to answer Chanyeol’s question. Should she tell him the truth? But what if Chanyeol open his mouth about this? Can Baekhyun trust this guy whom she just meet for few days? Chanyeol sees the troubling look on Baekhyun’s face and tries not to punch himself. Perhaps it is too early to just ask everything to Baekhyun, but he wants to end this thing fast. He swerves the car to the parking lot of McDonald and turns off the engine. He grabs Baekhyun’s hand in his large one, when the girl looks up, he smiles.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. I’ll keep my mouth shut either way. So, dinner?”

When Chanyeol tried to let go of his grip, Baekhyun holds his hand. Chanyeol looks surprised and he hopes Baekhyun can’t listen to his erratic beats of his heart because that will be embarrassing. He looks back at Baekhyun, giving her a questioning look and tries not to feel Baekhyun’s hand too much. It’s so soft and- stop it Chanyeol! Focus!

“What is it Baek?”

Both of them look flustered from the nickname and Chanyeol laughs awkwardly while Baekhyun lets go of his hand. “I am sorry”

Baekhyun shakes her head, telling her it’s okay.

“It’s a long story, you know”

“What story?” Chanyeol stupidly asked. Baekhyun gives him a look and it dawns on Chanyeol. “Ah, story about your friend?”

Baekhyun nods. “Can you promise me not to tell this to anyone? And I mean anyone”

“Not even to my dog?”

“Chanyeol, I am being serious here…” Baekhyun cross her arms and glares at Chanyeol.

“Okay okay, sorry. You can trust me of course”

Baekhyun sighs and makes her decision.

“That guy in the restaurant is Kris, Zitao’s childhood friend but because of some accident Zitao can’t remember him and apperantly their grandparents seem to agree to marry them off to each other when they were kids. But then there is Sehun, they fall in love and get married, that’s where it begins”

“So what happen?”

“Zitao’s grandfather doesn’t agree with the marriage and brings Kris here, to get Zitao together with Kris, of course it makes Kris becomes Sehun’s number one hate person in the world because, you see, my friend, Sehun is a little bit competitive, and I think you can guess what happen the rest”

“So this Kris guy also like Zitao? What about Kai?”

Baekhyun shrugs, adjusting her hair. “I don’t know about Kris’ true feeling, but if he doesn’t like Zitao, do you think he will be here willingly? And there is nothing with Zitao and Kai, actually. It’s just a fake scandal to get Kai famous, you know how celebrity nowadays, the more scandal you have, the more famous you are. They are just friends.”

Baekhyun nervously looks at Chanyeol who looks like he is thinking very hard about something. “Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol looks at her and as if to ease her self, he grins. “Well, now that all of this is clear, why don’t we get some dinner?”

Baekhyun smiles and nods to him, feeling relieve because Chanyeol doesn’t even look bother by it. She will trust Chanyeol for this. Chanyeol gets out of his car, walks to Baekhyun’s side while smirking.

‘So, Kai is not a problem and maybe I can use this Kris guy to my benefit. That way I don’t even need to do it myself’

He smiles to himself, starting to make a new plan in his head. But now, he will just enjoy his dinner with Baekhyun.


Yeah, this is mostly baekyeol.haha. The night is still long, so prepare your self for it. 

So, I'll be not updating for at east another two weeks because of exam.

Spoiler: Who is ready for some Jongdae????

bwahahahahaha...

please comment, subscribe and upvote.

i love you~

D