20th ; Chanyeol

Christmas With EXO

 

- Flashback - 
 
"Omo! It's so cute!! Look at it's eyes!" You gasped as you looked fondly into the poodle's twinkling eyes, which were staring back at you curiously. It was a white poodle, long ears with wavy fur, and it's body fur was curly and tight. 
 
You and Chanyeol, your boyfriend, were in a pet shop. He chuckled at your cute reaction as he spoke, “You like it alot? Shall I get it for you?" 
 
"Ani, it's too expensive!" You replied hastily. Although you really liked the poodle, you sighed as you took a look at the price. It was too expensive, and you didn't want Chanyeol to waste his money. 
 
"It's okay, _____. I'll get it for you if you really like it!" Chanyeol grinned brightly. 
 
"No, I-" You were about to reply when the shop owner walked up to the both of you.
 
"Ah, hello~ Such a sweet couple! You're really lucky to have found such a good boyfriend!" The shop owner smiled sweetly as she looked at you. 
 
"Ah, kamsahamnida.." You smiled politely as Chanyeol chuckled and gave you a peck on your cheek. 
 
"You're lucky to have found this poodle! This poodle is really rare, it's really rare to see a poodle like this in pet shops in Seoul! Would you want to get it?" The shop owner asked.
 
"Oh, no, we were just looking at it.. Maybe we'll come back some other time. Thank you!" You smiled as you bowed politely, then glancing over at the white poodle again, then walking out of the pet shop, with Chanyeol following you from behind. 
 
"Jagiya, you sure you're not going to get the poodle?" Chanyeol asked as he interlocked  fingers with yours, walking down the streets. 
 
"It's okay. I was just looking at it.." You smiled back to reassure him. To be honest, you really liked that poodle alot. You had a love for poodles and would love to get one, but it was too expensive. You sighed inwardly as you glanced back at the pet shop one last time. 
 
- End of flashback - 
 
"Ahjumma, I'm looking for a white poodle.. Do you still have it? Last week when I came, there was one.." Chanyeol asked. It was nearing Christmas and he wanted to get you that white poodle as a gift since he knew that you wanted it so much. He grinned at the thought of how you would react to the gift he was going to get you. "_____'s definitely going to like it.." 
 
"Sorry, young man. We don't have it anymore, we sold it just a few days ago!" The ahjumma frowned. 
 
"Sold? Aish.. Ahjumma, are there any pet shops where I can get it too?" Chanyeol tried as he felt his heart sank with disappointment. He wanted to surprise you with the poodle, but now that it's sold, what could he do? 
 
"Here, you can try some of these places.. Although I'm not so sure if they still have it.." The ahjumma scribbled down a few addresses on a piece of paper, then handed it to Chanyeol. 
 
"Thank you so much!" Chanyeol smiled widely, bowing as he thanked the ahjumma. After leaving the shop, he looked down at the few addresses which the shop lady had given him. "These places are really far from here.." He mumbled as he furrowed his brows. But of course, he would do anything for you. Without anymore hesitation, he started looking for that one poodle in the pet shops. 
 
~~~ 
 
"I wonder how's _____ going to react to this.." Chanyeol chuckled as he walked to your doorstep, looking down at the gift box he was holding.
 
 
After days of searching high and low for a similar poodle, Chanyeol had finally managed to find one that looked quite alike like the one you had both seen earlier. A pair of sparkling eyes were staring back at him through the hole in the box. "You're going to meet your owner, little one!" Chanyeol smiled as he looked down at the poodle in the box, then ringing your doorbell. 
 
 
 
"Chanyeol? What are you doing here? Come in, it's cold!" You spoke as you ushered him into the living room.
 
"Hi, jagiya~ I came here to see you, I missed you~" Chanyeol cooed as he placed the box down, then back hugging you tightly. 
 
"I missed you too, yeol.. Why were you so busy these past few days?" The fact that Chanyeol came all the way down to your house just because he missed you warmed your heart. "Silly boy.." You smiled. "Anyway, what's in that box? " You asked with curiosity. It was a big box, that had a light pink ribbon tied onto it. 
 
Chanyeol smiled, picking it up carefully. "Oh, this? Well, it's-"Just as he was about to continue, a bark came and you caught something white jumped out of the box swiftly.
 
Startled, you jumped back a little as you immediately stared back at him curiously, "Chanyeol, what's-" 
 
"Woof! Woof!" The white poodle barked loudly again. It had found its way to the sofa, as it stood there barking for attention. Your eyes widened in surprise as you stared back at the poodle, it was exactly like the one you saw that day in the pet shop! 
 
You grinned widely as you ran to the sofa, picking up the little poodle, "Oh? How did you- Chanyeol, did you really buy it?" You looked back at the gift box again, he actually bought you the poodle? You couldn't stop smiling as you walked towards Chanyeol with the poodle. 
 
"Seems like this little one beat me to it! Well, I saw how much you liked this poodle when we went to the pet shop that day, so I decided to get it for you as your Christmas gift.. I actually had a hard time finding for it, because the one that we saw at the shop was already sold. The shop lady there gave me other addresses for me to find a poodle similar to this. Sorry that it isn't the actual one which we had seen that day, _____. I tried to find the exact same-" 
 
But before he could continue, you lunged forward and gave him a hug.
 
And that's when everything clicked.
 
That tall giant actually went to so many pet shops just to find you a poodle. You wrapped your arms tightly around his waist as you sighed in content, " Thank you so much, Chanyeol.. It means so much.. Is this why you've been so busy these few days after school? All along you were trying to find this poodle for me?" 
 
"Yes, jagiya.. But it was all worth it for you~ Did you like it?" Chanyeol smiled, hugging you back tightly. 
 
"Why are you always so nice?" You smiled as you buried your face in his chest. "I love you, Park Chanyeol.. To the moon and back." 
 
"Anything for you, so long as you're happy, jagiya. I love you too.." Chanyeol spoke before giving your lips a sweet peck. You pulled away, blushing happily, feeling on cloud nine. You were so lucky to have this tall giant in your life. 
 
"Let's name it Snowflake. You're so pretty.. Come here, girl." You said as you sat on the sofa, ushering the little poodle to your lap. 
 
"But, _____, promise me you can't neglect me just because that poodle may be cuter than me, alright?" Chanyeol furrowed his brows as he pouted slightly as he walked to sit beside you on the sofa. 
 
"Yah, Park Chanyeol, are you really going to get jealous over a poodle?" You chuckled lightly as you flicked his forehead lightly, turning your attention back to the poodle. 
 
"Because, you belong to me." Chanyeol smirked before pulling you into his arms for a long, sweet kiss. 
 
~~~
 
Thank you for reading! Hope you liked this one shot! Please comment if you did ^__^ 
 
 
xoxo,
sehunxluhan <3