Orphan

Protecting You. [Hiatus]

JAEJOONG’S POINT OF VIEW

“Doctor how is Senator Park doing?”

“He is slowly slipping away there really isn’t anything left for us to do...”

I nodded as I walked back to the pacing Doona, “He’s slowly slipping, is his daughter on her way?”

“Yes, Jay oppa said that he just picked her up and they will be on their way.”

MIN AH’S POINT OF VIEW

“Jaebeom  shi can you please drive a little faster, I want to see my appa before he leaves,” I cried.

“Min Ah shi I am trying my utter hardest, but if we go any faster the cops will stop us and it will take longer for us to get there.”

“....I hope appa can hold on until I get there...”

“He will don’t worry,” Jaebeom said, making a sharp left turn.

When we arrived at the hospital I ran, with Jaebeom next to me leading me towards appa’s room. When we arrived I saw six people standing in front of the doors, I looked at the one that opened the door.

“Your father is slowly leaving, you should hurry and tell him what you want to say to him,” he said softly.

I nodded as I slowly walked into the hospital room, when I faced him I started to cry, leaning down on his bed side I grabbed his hand into mine, “Appa, Min Ah is here. Appa, you’re not going to leave me, right? You’re not going to leave me alone by myself, right? You’re going to stay beside with Min Ah forever, aren’t you?” I cried harder as I didn’t hear him reply, “How can you leave your daughter? How can you not say I love you to me? I love you appa, please stay...” I felt as his hands moved, I looked up to his face his eyes were open, and he looked as though he was mumbling something. I moved myself closer to hear what he said, “Min, appa is sorry that he is going to leave you all alone... Appa is very sorry, but appa will be able to meet omma! After so long.. Min, I trust you will be a great person that will follow in my footsteps. I entrust you to our citizen’s future... Appa is proud of you, and believe you can do it. I love you, my lovely daughter...”

“Appa...” I said, “I love you too...” I looked into his eyes, soon they slowly started to close, and the monitor started to go offline. I looked at him with my eyes wide, “APPPA!!!”

I watched as they put the blanket over appa’s face, I couldn't help myself, I slumped down on the floor. I felt someone hold me from behind I looked to see a dark haired girl look down at me with apologetic eyes,  I turned around and hugged her as I started to cry my eyes out.

DOONA’S POINT OF VIEW

I looked at Min Ah with an apologetic stare I could’ve saved her father from dying... But I wasn’t able to... I hugged her as she cried, “It’s okay, he’s in a better place now..” I could feel the tears coming out of my eyes as well she was going to be someone like us all. An orphan. I could feel her slowly calm down, she let go of me and walked out towards the ladies washroom.

“Doona can you go with her?” Jaejoong asked her, I wiped my eyes to hide the fact that I was also crying.

“Yes,” I said as I walked out.

JAEBEOM’S POINT OF VIEW

I watched as Doona walked out, I could tell that she had also cried, her voice had said it all.  I looked at Jaejoong, “Hyung what are we going to do now?”

“We are going to protect her, no matter what and we are not going to fail.”

I looked at his determined face, “Ye hyung.”

JAEJOONG’S POINT OF VIEW

Doona finally came out with Min Ah behind her, she had ceased crying and her eyes were a little puffy, I looked at Doona who had a straight emotionless face on.

“Let’s go,” I said, walking towards the exit of the hospital.

-

We arrived at the front of the house Min Ah was staying I quickly ordered Changmin to search the area, “Anything Changmin?”

“Nothing hyung no one seems to have been here for a long time.”

I nodded, “Okay get our brothers to surround the area and bring out the dogs.”

“Ye.”

When we were in the house, I watched Min Ah walk up the stairs, “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to bed,” she replied dragging her feet up, “Don’t need to call me down for dinner.”

I looked at Doona who kept staring at her, “ I’m going to go see what Jay oppa is doing.”

“Mmm, I’ll go check on the rest of the stuff, Changmin go guard her room. If something happens tell me.”

“Ye hyung, I’ll be right on it.” I watched as Doona walked away and Changmin skip up the stairs.

JAEBEOM’S POINT OF VIEW

I watched as Doona slowly walked towards me I could see that she was feeling down, quickly ordering the boys to work. I ran towards her stopping in front of her I smiled.

“Doona what’s wrong?”

“... Nothing just thinking about the past,” she answered looking at me, “It’s sad that Min Ah shi is the same as us now, eh?”

The question caught me by surprised, “I guess.”

“Hmm... I wonder how she’s taking it... when we were in the washroom she was so upset that she wasn’t able to breathe... I wonder how she is now...” She looked away and took me by the hand and pulled me towards the bench. I could feel my heart beat ten times faster as she kept holding onto my hand.

“Don’t worry Doona, she’ll get over it. She will have too she might hurt now but sooner or later she’ll be alright,” I squeezed her hands, “Let’s just be there for her...”

“I guess.. Oppa you always know what to say..”

I chuckled, “Because I’m wise.”

“You’re wise as Junsu oppa!”

“Hey! That duck isn’t wise as I!”

“HEY WHO YOU CALLING A DUCK , YOU EAGLE!” I watched as Junsu walked towards us, I held onto Doona’s hand tighter as I did I could see Junsu had noticed.

“Junsu oppa!” Doona said standing up still holding my hand, “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, great!” Junsu said smiled a strained smile, “Doona are you going to go check up on Min Ah? You’re the only girl that is able to talk to her...”

“Ah, oh yes. I will go now,” I felt her loosen up her hand, “I’ll see you guys later then!”

“Mm,” we both replied, I glared at him as he glared back.

MIN AH’S POINT OF VIEW

I heard a knock on the door, “Min Ah shi, can I come in?”

I wiped my tears as I replied, “Yes come in.”

Walking in was the pretty girl again, “Is there anything you need?”

“Uh... no nothing at the moment,” I watch her stare at me as she moved moved towards the bed that I was sitting on. Finally reaching the bed she sat down and grabbed my hands.

“I understand how you feel, you can cry if you want... There is no use in keeping it in.”

I looked at her, “You understand...?”

“Of course, all of us understand ... we are all orphans...”

“..Orphans..”

“Yes...”

I looked at her with surprise, “How did you get through it?”

“I had Jaejoong oppa you know the one that talked to you first when we were in the hospital?”

“...”

“He’s been there when my parents died, he’s is my guardian angel... as well as all the other boys...”

“He doesn’t have parents either...?”

“Well you can say that... Min Ah shi, since you are our priority now, you have us to lean on, don’t be so alone. It’s not good for you, you can cry openly to us, we will understand.”

I stared at her, why was she so nice to me? I watched as she moved closer to me and pulled me into a hug, I felt her warmth I started to cry again, hugging her back, I let myself cry louder and harder.