36 ~ "Lay Here For Hours and Just Reminisce"

Why, You?

Narrator

"Ah! I remember this!"

"Hm? Oh, me too! Wahhh, Unnie sure didn't see that coming!"

"Yah, what are you guys doing? So excited..." SooMi asked the three on the couch as she walked in hand in hand with Jay. The two had just finished cleaning up after they all ate lunch at their apartment. Taecyeon, Wooyoung, and Jimi looked at each other then at SooMi. They whispered at each other as if making a decision. Suddenly they all stood up facing the couple while holding something behind their back.

Taecyeon began by clearing his throat, "Well I think it's about time that we give this to you."

"Yeah, it's just about ready." Wooyoung smiled.

"And we worked really hard on it!" Jimi was beaming. She ran over to Jay and SooMi with that "something" behind her back. "Oppa, Unnie, here!" she held out a small book in front of her.

"What's this?" SooMi asked with curiosity as she opened the book, taking a seat on the couch. Jay took a seat beside her with his arm draped over her shoulder, looking through the book as well.

"It's a scrapbook!" Wooyoung exclaimed popping up from behind the couch.

"We made it for you guys!"

"What? Where did you guys get these pictures? When did you take them?" SooMi asked them when flipping through the photos of herself and Jay.

"Well, we kind of um.. we.." Wooyoung started rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's where my photos went!" SooMi shouted pointing to a page of photos from her polaroid. 

"Yeah..."

"Omo! What's this? Is this from the proposal?" Jay smiled as he saw a few familiar scenes.

"Yup! Unnie doesn't realize it but when she went up to you she put her stuff down. So we secretly took her camera and took pictures of you two when Oppa was proposing!"

"There were actually a lot of candid shots we got of you two. They turned out pretty well." Taecyeon said, hands in his pockets.

SooMi ran her fingers over a particular picture while reminiscing. "I remember this..."

...

"Will you marry me?"

SooMi couldn't register in her mind what was going on. 

Is this real?

Park Jaebeom.

The love of her life. Her man of so many years was asking for her hand in marriage. She was being asked to become his wife. He would be her husband...He would be her husband. They would spend the rest of their lives together. Grow old, have children, raise a family. 

She had been thinking so much she didn't realize that a couple of minutes had already passed. She didn't realize that Jay had begun to feel nervous. Anxious. Anxious to know her answer.

Before she knew it, she was crying. 

*click*

Jay, shocked, immediately stood up and held her by the shoulders.

*click*

"Baby, SooMi, I'm so sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. Maybe you're not ready. I'm probably rushing things. I'm so sorry baby. Don't cry, SooMi I love you..." Jay didn't know what to do. He was stuttering all over the place as he wiped and kissed her tears away, trying to stop them from falling.

*click*

"Yah, pabo" SooMi cried, still sobbing in between her words. Lightly, she pounded his chest with her fists. "You had me running all over the place today just to ask me to marry you?" She covered her face, rubbing her eyes. "I went all over town, chasing after some stranger who turned out to be my boyfriend with a crazy plan that gave me everything I wanted. He did the sweetest things for me just so he could propose! Such a pabo!"

Confusion was the only thing written on Jay's face. 

*click*

SooMi finally removed her hands from her eyes and looked straight at him.

"Of course I'll marry you!"

Without hesitation, she grabbed Jay by the neck, pulling him in for a kiss. Jay, unaware at first of what she was doing, had his eyes wide open with surprise.

*click*

As if it were instinct, his shoulders relaxed and his hands automatically wrapped around her waist pulling her closer to him, deepening the kiss.

*click*

After what seemed like forever, they finally pulled away from each other, resting their foreheads on each other.

*click*

"I love you."

Another kiss.

*click*

"Yah you two get a room, there's a child here!" Wooyoung finally screamed at the two while covering Jimi's eyes!

The couple pulled away from each other and laughed. 

"Oh, I almost forgot." Jay laughed. He took the ring out from the box, throwing the container wherever behind him. SooMi giggled at his carelessness. He didn't break eye contact with her as he slipped the ring around her finger. Once it was on, SooMi looked down at her hand.

"Um, babe, wrong finger." she held up her hand pointing at her middle finger on which the ring rested.

"W-what? Dang it! Great, now the moment's ruined." he grumbled. Both of them laughed at his silly action and he put the ring on its rightful place. Holding her hand he watched to make sure he had the right finger. Finally on her ring finger, there lay the band that would hold them together forever.

...

"Jeez you guys took a lot of pictures!" Jay looked at the three of them.

"Well there were so many scenes that just had to be remembered. And we kind of got excited considering the fact that it was a polaroid and the pictures print immediately." Taecyeon smiled cheekily.

"So you guys took my pictures from earlier that day? Gosh, I was looking for them everyday. You know I cried all night a couple nights ago because I couldn't find them! I thought I lost them!" she glared at the three of them.

"Sorry!" the three shouted holding up their hands in defense. "Our intentions were good!"

"Yeah whatever..."

"It's okay guys, I was there for her. I was her shoulder to cry on." Jay said proudly, with his hand on his chest and a smirk on his face. "I was there to comfort you right, yeobo?" Jay said turning to her.

"Psh!" she scoffed punching him in the arm.

"Yahh, baby that hurt" Jay pouted rubbing his arm pretending to be hurt.

"Oh, jagi I'm sorry did it really hurt?" SooMi asked worriedly caressing his cheeks. Jay nodded. "Well man up." she said lightly slapping his cheek repeatedly.

The five of them spent the next hour or so reminiscing over old memories that came to their minds after perusing the large scrapbook. Laughter filled the room and happiness filled their hearts whenever they remembered good times. Suddenly, they got to a page that brought a sweet smile to Jay and SooMi's faces.

White laced fabric bordered the pages as the paper was a custom made decorative one with confetti, hearts, cake, wine glasses witht the couple's names on it, a veil, and the two rings.

"Hey babe this is..." Jay said pointing at the pictures.

"Our wedding day..." 

They both looked at each other, smiled, then shared a simple kiss.


Short update! I've barely gotten any comments on the last few chapters... I thought you guys would be more excited that they were getting married! Well if you were, you sure didn't show it. >.< I got a few comments saying please update but I was looking forward to all of you fangirling! I expected so many comments on the last few chapters expressing how much you were happy for them but I guess not :\ PLEASE COMMENT. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Maybe I just shouldn't update until I get more feedback. 

I know that sounds selfish but I don't know what you guys are thinking! Did you like the updates? Did you like the way Jay proposed? Did you get excited when he asked for the blessings? ARE YOU EVEN HAPPY THAT THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED? I thought it was the moment you guys were all waiting for. 

Like I said, maybe I won't update until I get more feedback.

WE'LL SEE.

By the way, just in case you guys didn't notice, all of the *clicks* were when Wooyoung, Taecyeon, and Jimi were taking secret snapshots. ^.^v

Well anyway, peace out, deuces, whatever. I'm out.

~lexamikol