37 ~ "Only Us Two"

Why, You?

"It's beautiful..." she gasped as she took in all before her.

"Isn't it?" he whispered in her ear as he embraced her from behind. 

Turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck, she gave him a quick peck. "Everything's going to be perfect. I can hardly wait." she smiled sweetly.

"Me too. Come on, time to get ready." he pulled her hand and kissed it as he lead her to her dressing room. "I'll see you soon, SooMi." he whispered and he kissed her forehead and finally heading to his own dressing room.

She couldn't believe this was happening. This was it. This was the big day. The day she and the man that she loved would be tied together by all official bonds forever. 

SooMi breathed a heavy sigh as she set her sights on her dress. She couldn't wait to see the way JaeBeom beamed when he saw her walking down the aisle in that gorgeous wedding dress that accented every one of her delicate features perfectly. After a while of admiring the dress a knock came at the door.

"Who is it?" she asked as she reached out for the doorknob.

"Open the door and find out!" the voice shouted from the other side.

Before SooMi even got the chance to recognize the face of her visitor, she was tackled and pulled into a tight hug. 

"Ailee!" SooMi exclaimed as soon as she set her eyes on the face of the beautiful girl embracing her. "You're here!"

"I know! I can't believe you're getting married! I'm so happy for you!" Another hug.

"Gomawo. Sit down! Do you want something to drink? Anything? I don't know why, but there's a mini fridge full of drinks in here..." SooMi mumbled as she questioned why a mini fridge would be a necessity for a dressing room. 

"Andwae! There's no time for that! Come on, beautiful. We've got to get you ready! Oh my goodness Jay's jaw is going to drop when I'm done with you." Ailee gave her a sly grin. SooMi chuckled to herself and laughed at her best friend. Well, Ailee was the closest thing she had to a best friend. Although, it already seemed like they were as close as they could get in the short amount of time they've known each other.

"Knock knock" a pair of knuckles knocked on the doorframe of the dressing room. "Ames, you left your phone in the car babe." an English voice had spoken.

"Jayson! Get out! You can't see the bride before the wedding!" Ailee replied in the same as she pushed him out the door. 

"Wait wait I can't even see my best friend before she gets married? What the hell?!" Jayson argued as he pushed past her and made his way to SooMi, leaving Ailee in a pouting state. 

"Aww, baby come on don't give me that face. I just want to have a chat with Suzi before I give her away to Jay forever. Amy, smile?" Jayson smiled pecking Ailee. She gave in and shyly smiled as she blushed. "That's my girl." Jay flashed a toothy grin. "Now get out, I've got to talk to my girl!" he pushed her out the door making her pout again. He just laughed and closed the door knowing she's only doing that to get his attention.

SooMi smiled at the couple. She's glad that those two ended up together. When Jayson had told SooMi about him having a girlfriend, she was more than excited to meet her. Turns out, Jayson's girlfriend was an old college friend of SooMi's. Although they all attended the same university it was a surprise to SooMi that Ailee and Jayson had never met before. Jayson had actually met her at his Korean Language classes. Most of the time they'll speak in English to each other especially if SooMi and Jay's around, engaging them in their conversation. Ever since they met, Jayson's called Ailee by her American name Ailee just as he calls SooMi, Suzi. 

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" Jayson smiled, turning to SooMi who was sitting in front of a mirror. She stood up and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Nervous. Extremely nervous." she mumbled into his chest.

Jayson laughed at her. "Waeyo? What is there to be nervous about? Jay loves you. You love him. Don't be nervous. Be excited. Today will mark a new chapter in your lives. The first day of you two spending the rest of your lives together." he comforted her and wrapped his own arms around her waist.

"Yahhh, when did you get so cheesy and cliche?" she giggled playfully slapping his chest.

"I can be serious at times!" he retorted. There was a long, yet comforting silence. "Suzi."

"Hm?"

"...I love you."

She pulled away from his chest and looked into his eyes. Another pause. Standing on her tiptoes, she planted a sweet, lingering kiss on his cheek.

"I love you too." she snuggled herself back into his chest. "Thank you for everything Jayson. If I didn't have you, who knows where I'd be right now. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have returned to Korea, I would've never had the courage or strength to move on, I would've never met JaeBeom again, I would've never gotten my second chance. It's all because of you. Thank you. So much." she squeezed him tighter.

Hearing those words from her spread a smile across his face. "Of course. What are brothers for?" he laughed. He left a long kiss on the top of her head before pulling away. "Okay. Gotta go before Amy throws a fit about not having enough time to get you ready. Besides, I've got to get ready myself. I'll see you later, Suze." After he walked out the door, SooMi returned to her seat and laughed as she heard Amy nagging at Jayson about wedding details. A minute or so later, she walked back in.

"All right." she smirked. "Now for the fun part."

* * * * *

"And as, rong as I gah mah soo an tie, I'ma reave it arl on the froor toonaaight..." Wooyoung burst in the door singing along to J.T. followed by Jayson and Taecyeon all dressed and ready to go.

"Hey man, how you feeling?" Taecyeon rested a hand on Jay's shoulder, feeling the evident shaking signs of his nerves.

"I don't know. Excited and happy definitely. But I don't know why I'm feeling nervous. Dude. This is a big step." Jay said turning away from the mirror after adjusting his tie for the seventeenth time.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her." Jason cut in. "You both love each other? So what could possibly go wrong? Everything's going to be perfect because it's only about you two. Don't worry about anything else. Look forward to the rest of your lives together." he said patting Jay's back.

"He's right. And so are you. This is a big step. But like Jayson said, it's all about you two. I know you're ready for this commitment. If you weren't, then you wouldn't have proposed to her in the first place. Jay, there's no need to worry about a thing." Taecyeon advised.

"It's just...what if I fail? I told her I'd make her happy, the happiest woman ever. What if, once we're years into our marriage, I fail? What if she's not happy being with me for the rest of our lives? What if she's not happy being with me, not happy with the live I'm giving her?"

"Jay she wouldn't have said yes if you don't already make her happy and if she knew you wouldn't be able to continue making her happy. She knew what she was signing up for when she said yes to you. I mean I don't know exactly what it is she sees in you bu–"

"YAH! What's that supposed to mean! Pabo ya!" Jay cut off Wooyoung as he just ran away laughing.

"What he's trying to say is, she knows you can make her happy every single day from now on. She knew that when she agreed to marry you. So you won't fail Jay. Just get up there, marry the woman you love, and enjoy the rest of your life with her." Jayson covered for Wooyoung.

"Okay. Well, I think the nerves have gone down a bit. Thanks guys." he looked around and couldn't ask for a better three best men. He was so thankful to each one of them.

"All right then. You ready to get up there and get yourself a wife?" Wooyoung grinned at him.

"Let's do this!" They all fist pumped the air leaving the dressing room, and making their way to the front of the altar. 

* * * * * 

Everyone was gathered there for the joining of Jang SooMi and Park JaeBeom in holy matrimony. The hall was gorgeous and was just simply the perfect wedding that fit the both of them in every way. Nothing too fancy, and not too big. Close friends and family sat in the pews, the male portion of the bridal party waiting at the altar, all awaiting for the arrival of the bride. 

The sounds of the ivory and the ebony were heard and "The Wedding March" echoed throughout the hall. All eyes turned toward the back and patiently waited for the first one to walk out those doors. 

Jay's face turned into a big smile when he saw his little girl in her gorgeous little dress, making her way down the aisle, gently sprinkling petals that replaced her footsteps. She flashed a grin at him when her eyes set on him. When she reached his place, he held his hand out for her to take and together they both waited for the woman who would be the center of attention.

"Oppa," she tugged on the older's arm sleeve.

"Ne, Jimi-ah?" he bent down, whispering.

"Unnie looks neoooomuuu yeppeo!" she giggled and waved her arms, making a big gesture.

He laughed at her cuteness. "She is? Well then, I can't wait to see her." he smiled, turning his attention back to the doors and squeezing Jimi's hand a little tighter.

Following Jimi was Ailee and Jay admitted she was a very beautiful woman. But nowhere even close to comparing to his SooMi. Out of the corner, of his eye, Jay could see Jayson's mouth turning upwards as the couple's gazes met. Jay watched her make her way up to the front and saw her sneak a wink at Jayson. Her eyes met Jay's and she gave a soft smile along with a nod. Jimi let go of Jay's hand and went to stand in her position in front of Ailee as part of the bridesmaids.

There was a pause.

Suddenly, a woman walked in and the entire room seemed to light up. The lights reflecting off of her beautiful white gown brought a smile to everyone's face. It was a simple dress, just like the wedding, and just like the woman wearing it. While everyone had smiles on their faces, Jay couldn't hold up his jaw. He was starstruck. The first time he laid eyes, he was captivated by her beauty. Although her hair had been a mess after struggling with Wooyoung that day and she had a scowl on her face because of not wanting to be there, he couldn't take his eyes off her. Everyday since then she has continued to capture his gaze and undivided attention with just her beauty. Today was no different. In face, he had fallen even more in love with her in that moment, if it were at all possible. She had been looking down as she took each step on the arm of her father, but the blush on her face was clear as day in Jay's eyes. Finally, she looked up and caught him staring at her. As if she could have gotten any more gorgeous, her blush deepened causing Jay's heart to race faster than the speed of light. As he held her gaze while she walked he could see the love in her eyes as they glistened, reflecting the light coming in through the windows.

Jayson was right. It was only about those two. Tuning out everything else, they were the only two in the room. All Jay saw in the large hall was the woman he would be spending the rest of his life with. And that made it the most perfect moment he had ever experienced in his life that he would remember forever. SooMi finally made her way to the foot of the steps and she kissed her father goodbye. Jay approached the two and shook her father's hand.

"Take care of her like I know you will, son."

At those words Jay blushed, knowing that his in-laws had already accepted him as part of the family.

Holding out his arm for her, Jay felt so nervous in that moment as he waited for her to loop her own arm through his. Would she take it? Or would she change her mind right before they sealed the deal? What were only mere seconds, felt like years to him. Right when he felt he was about to break, she slipped her arm through his and clung to him tightly. He couldn't help the smile from forming and he kissed her cheek, making her only grow pinker. Her blush made her more radiant than anybody else in the room and Jay loved that about her. Impatience was taking over him as he realized that in minutes, they would become husband and wife.

"We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the joining of Jang SooMi and Park JaeBeom in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony..."


Shorter chapter! Yay, finally the moment you've all been waiting for. Their wedding! Six months later... ha sorry. 

A few things. Yes, I added in Ailee as a character because I'm just in love with Ailee aha. I put her in as Jayson's new girlfriend and I think they fit well together. Our lovely little Jimi is played by none other than the stunning Lauren from MBLAQ's Hello Baby. She is so adorable. I was about to put Dayoung and Leo in the wedding too but there were never characters to play them so it would be a little pointless to add them in now. At least Jayson's girlfriend was mentioned in a previous chapter. 

Anyways, there is the pre-wedding preparations and the introduction to the wedding. Stay tuned for the next chapter!

~lexamikol