17 ~ "Why, You?"

Why, You?

SooMI

The minute we got in the hotel room I ran for the bathroom and cried my eyes out. How could he think that I abandoned him? I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Did I abandon him? If he thinks that, then I guess he doesn't love me anymore. Aish...I'm so confused! I need to find out...

After a while of crying in the bathroom, I looked at the time on my phone. It was only 5:30 pm. I decided that it was time to clear the confusion in my head. I walked out of the bathroom to find Jayson watching TV. I grabbed my jacket and headed straight for the door, when he grabbed my wrist.

"Where are you going?" he looked at me worried.

"Out."

"Out, where?" he stared me down, trying to get answers out of me. I stared at him, contemplating on whether or not I should tell him where I'm going.

"..................................." After moments of silence, I finally decided that I couldn't win against him and gave up. "...........................JYP Entertainment" I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"That's what I thought..." he muttered.

"Can I go now?" I asked trying to escape his grasp.

"No, I'm going with you." Jayson demanded.

"Why? Jayson, you don't have to, I can do this on my own." I pleaded.

"Trust me, Suzi, I know you can't" he looked into my eyes. I really wished I could fall in love with those eyes. But I just can't.

"Yah...I told you it's SooMi..." I said looking down.

"I've known you as Suzi all this time, so I'm gonna stick to it." he smirked. I smiled.

"Alright...well let's go now before it's too late." I said heading for the door.

***

We pulled into the parking garage of JYPE. I really hope that people here remember me. It has been two years...

Jayson and I walked into the building and I made a beeline for the front desk. I looked at the receptionist and noticed that it was still the same one I've known this whole time...Choi BiKyung. I smiled as I recalled all the times I spent with him, while I waited for JaeBeom to get out of rehearsal. BiKyung and I were so close. I never minded waiting for JaeBeom because I knew that meant spending time with BiKyung.

I walked up to him, who was looking down at papers and didn't notice my approach.

"Ah-em, excuse me but I'm looking for Jay Park" I asked in Korean pretending to sound like a complete stranger.

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Park?" he sighed as if saying "Another fan girl? Not again.."

"Umm...no sir, but-"

"Well then I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you to lea-" he cut me off but then stopped when he looked up at me, who was smiling at him.

"Yah! Jang SooMi!!!" he screamed as he ran around the desk to hug me and lift me off the ground. "Where have you been?! It's been two freaking years! Do you know how bored I get in the lobby without you here???" he said shouting at me playfully.

"Mianhe BiKyung-ah ~~~" I laughed. "Oh, hey this is my friend, Jayson. He's vietnamese." I said when I noticed Jayson standing behind me patiently. I linked my arm with his and introduced the two.

"Oh, ciao" BiKyung attempted to say hello to Jayson in his language.

"Anyonghaaasaayoo" and Jayson attempted a simple "annyeonghaseyo". I laughed at his accent. The two shook hands and I continued conversing with my old friend.

"Nehhh, BiKyung-ah, have you seen JaeBeom anywhere?" I asked him, excited, but also depressed and nervous. The moment I asked that, BiKyung gave me a look that told me that what's coming next can't be good. He pointed in a direction and I followed his finger, only to find JaeBeom......waiting.....for another girl......and he embraced her as she jumped in his arms. That just broke my heart into way more than a million pieces. I felt my body shut down and I turned away.

"BiKyung-ah~ It was nice seeing you again, but I have to go now" I said voice cracking, tears falling. He saw my expression and I knew he felt bad about telling me where JaeBeom was. But I knew it was coming sooner or later. I bid him goodbye and ran out of there with Jayson.

The whole ride back to the hotel was painfully silent. Jayson had to help me up to the room and when we entered the room I just slumped to the floor. Just think, I have to be here for a whole year. I thought everything was going to be ok, that I might get to be with JaeBeom again. I mean I also knew of the possibility that he'd moved on, but I never actually thought it to be reality.

I felt someone pull on my arm and looked up to see Jayson. He helped me over to my bed and tucked me in. Jayson knows me so well....this is exactly what I need: sleep. He crawled in next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, knowing that I needed someone to be there with me. I buried my face in his chest and gripped onto his shirt, pouring out all my feelings. Why? Why can't I fall for someone who's right beside me? Who's always there for me? Why can't I fall for Jayson? Tell me, why...Why was it JaeBeom? Why JaeBeom? Why was it you? Why, you?

***

Jay

Rehearsal ended and I was waiting in the lobby for JangSoon. Out of nowhere, I heard screaming. When I looked over to where the noise had come from, I saw BiKyung talking to some girl.....that happened to look a lot like SooMi....

My eyes widened when I recalled what the screaming actually said. "Yah! Jang SooMi!!!" Oh my god. It can't be. There's no way it could be her. But it is. I was getting ready to run over to her and kiss her like there's no tomorrow when I noticed her arm....wrapped around another arm. I didn't realize there was a guy with her. My heart dropped when I realized that she's moved on. Of course she's moved on Jay, it's been two years, damn it. You've moved on too...

I didn't realize that I have moved on until I heard...

"BABY!!!"

I looked in front of me and saw JangSoon running towards me. I smiled slightly and opened my arms as she ran into them. I need to show SooMi that I've moved on too...

I snook a peek at SooMi. She looked like she was about to cry...like she was hurting and in so much pain. No, SooMi, don't. Or else, I'll run over just to comfort you...when I can't. I don't think she noticed that I looked at her because only seconds later, tears were falling as she ran out the door. Still holding onto JangSoon, I began to think that maybe she didn't move on. I mean, why would she be hurting after seeing me hug JangSoon if she really did move on? No, Jay, she moved on. That guy that was with her is proof of that. Aish...SooMi, I swear you drive me insane. I don't know what to do when it comes to you...Why do you do this to me? Huh? Why did it have to be you, Jang SooMi? Why, you?