Eight

Blacklisted.

You know those weird dark spots you see if you squeeze your eyes shut for too long, then you feel like you're blind for a second? That's kind of how my memory is...

The all too familiar noise of beeping brings me back to reality...

Turning your head slightly, as to not cause any pain in your neck you didn't see anyone in your room. No one at all. Not even a nurse. Now that you thought of it you didn't even know what time it was...

 

  263171lxlble1hnk.gif

It’s been three days since Min Jeong’s been in an isolated room, there haven’t been any sightings or signs of HanSol or B-Joo, so I’m hoping today Agent Hoon will let me go in to see her. Ever since I got out of the full lock down, she’s the only thing that’s been on my mind. 

 

But I can’t forget the look of fear in her eyes when she recognized who I was as I freed her from the metal table she was strapped to. Would all that fear come up again if she saw me walking into the room? 

 

I pray that the same look won’t take over her face, thinking about all the things that could go wrong.

 

  263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

There was one window in the room, the blinds were down and shut, covered with a thick layer of curtains. Maybe there’s light outside or maybe that’s just my head making it up.

 

Does anyone even come in to check on me? What if they’ve forgotten about me?

 

All of a sudden I’m thinking about what had all happened in the course of a day…or maybe it was two days..I can’t remember clearly. 

 

There was an attack on campus, a gas attack. I never even had time to find out if anyone else had survived the attack. Then kidnapped by HanSol, one  of Korea’s most wanted,  and trapped in a basement for who knows how long, then rescued by HyoSang, another one of Korea’s most wanted, which is ultimately one of the most confusing things going through my head right now.

 

Why would the man who assassinated the prime minister rescue me? No— he’s not  even worthy of being called a man! Pathetic.

 

Would he be here? Go back to hiding? Why would he even stay here, there’s no point.

 

Though when he rescued me..it didn’t seem like he was hostile, more like he seemed like he was worried…about me?.. I don’t even remember everything clearly! I’m sure this thinking is a side effect of something, or I have a concussion.

 

Trying to run through everything that had happened, I gave up with a sigh. Taking in my bland surroundings once more I decided to get up. Propping myself into an upright position, then sliding my legs over the side of the bed, I slowly pushed myself upright onto my feet. I didn’t know why I was in the hospital again— but I wasn’t going to take any chances and fall on my face.

 

As I put all my weight on my feet I feel an almost unbearable pain throughout my back, I lean my legs against the bed for a moment, hoping it would go away a bit. Thankfully it only lasts for a few minutes, then I start making my way towards the door. 

 

My room was shaped like a rectangle, I was in the far corner and there was a little hallway that led to the door, normally it would have only taken a few strides to the door, with my back and now the aching muscles all over my body it took me a good few minutes, having to stop to see if pain would be relieved.

 

Once I made it to the door I rested my hand on the handle for a moment then held it down and pushed open the door. I’m guessing it was around evening time. Not much activity going on and there weren’t any visitors walking around. 

 

I looked across the hall and saw an officer?.. Why is there an officer?

 

“Ma’am, I’m gonna have to ask you to go back into your room.” He said sternly, coming towards me.

 

“I…I don’t—“ I didn’t even know what I was trying to say before I was cut off.

 

“Hey there, I got her. No worries.” A voice shouted, as it came running down the hall. You craned your neck to the left, looking to see who it was, but by the time you did they were already in front of you, turning you around and walking you back into your room.

 

  263171lxlble1hnk.gif

I was discussing a few details with some other agents, once I finished I started walking back towards Min-Jeong’s room, as I rounded the corner I heard the officer posted outside her door, 

“Ma’am, I’m gonna have to ask you to go back into your room.” Officer Kim instructed her.

 

“I…I don’t—“

 

“Hey there, I got her. No worries.” I cut her off, I didn’t even realize I had sprinted down the hall, I got to her then led her back into her room. We weren’t sure when she would wake up, but we weren’t going to take any chances this time. 

 

“Min-Jeong, do you remember me? I’m Agent Hoon.” I told her as she sat on the edge of her bed.

 

“I-I’m not really sure. Maybe…but I think I’m still in shock…” She said looking over the nothingness that was her room. It did look a bit shocking at how empty it was but we weren’t risking anything this time.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll have the doctor come in to check on you then we’ll bring you something to eat. You must be hungry, you’ve been out for three days.” I say, hoping she can calm down a bit, she looks so nervous and scared. I’m not even sure what to do.

 

“Do you have any questions?” I add.

 

“Um…yeah actually. I was rescued…by …HyoSang?…” She was still nervous but I could see the curiosity in her eyes.

“I don’t understand….he’s..wanted. For assassinating the prime minister…this…this doesn’t make any sense Agent Hoon.” She looked up at me, waiting for my response.

 

“It’s quite a surprise to the agency as well. You see, HyoSang turned himself in about six months ago. We have no clear understanding of why we did, but we decided on keeping that matter out of the public’s knowledge. Then in the midst of HanSol’s attack he volunteered his service you could say.” Anger was overcoming your tone, you stop. Min-Jeong looks up at you expectantly, waiting for you to finish.

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t be explaining this to you. I have to many grudges against him myself.” You conclude, “I’ll see if he wants to come in and visit you.” You turn on your heels to leave and make it out the door before Min-Jeong can even utter a word out.

  263171lxlble1hnk.gif



There's some editing that needs to be done, but I really wanted to post what I have so far!