Nine

Blacklisted.

“Maybe I shouldn’t be explaining this to you. I have too many grudges against him myself.” 

 

 “I’ll see if he wants to come in and visit you.” 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

Come in…to talk to me?…. You thought to yourself. Nothing was making sense anymore, this had to be a dream. Korea’s most wanted criminal rescued me from being kidnapped and wants to talk to me?? No. no no no!

 

Agent Hoon walked out, leaving you alone again.

 

 HyoSang

 

You were just waiting in the hospital bed— it felt like it had been forever, but there was no way for you to tell how much time had actually passed. You could feel yourself getting tired, your body relaxing as to get ready to sleep. No!

 

You snapped yourself out of it, you had to stay awake, you needed to see if he was really here. If he would really come in to see you. You looked at the door. You gave up!! 

The waiting, you couldn’t handle it anymore, you brought your legs over the side of the bed and slowly began to make your way to the door, if that officer was there again- I’m gonna give him a piece of my mind! You thought to yourself, building up your confidence as you made your way to the door.  Once in front of the door, you stopped for a moment before you reached for the handle. Taking in a breathe then you grabbed onto the handle and opened the door.

 

Gasping in shock as you saw who was standing there. 

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

I went to the roof of the hospital to think things out, about how everything would work out from now on. I probably had been sitting there for a few hours. It was around evening now, and Min-Jong hasn’t woken up for three days now. She didn’t have any major injuries…what if she never wakes up?..

 

I should just go back into hiding now

 

Thinking to yourself you stood up, finding away to leave the hospital out of the FBI’s sight would be challenging but not difficult. Waiting until night time would be easier, it only had to be a few hours. Staying up here until then would be fine. Leaning against the ledge, staring out at the city below. The door to the roof clicked open—

 

“Hyosang.” Agent Hoon.

 

She’s awake now. I figured you would want to talk to her and explain some things.” He said, moving to the side of the door to let me go down. 

 

“She’s awake?” You asked to yourself before looking back at Agent Hoon.

 

“This one time I’ll allow you to speak to her without an officer in the room. So make sure you explain everything to her.” He said then nodded his head towards the door, I made my way down the stairs thinking about what he said. What was he implying about everything? It couldn’t be from years ago… no one knew about that… not even the government.

 

I stayed down the stairs, almost running to the floor she was on. Once I was on her floor I slowed down, as to not bring attention to myself. That was the last thing I needed. 

I stood in front of her door for a moment, trying to calm yourself down, then opened the door— only to see Min-Jeong standing right in front of you.

 

“Min-Jong.” You say, looking down at her.

 

“What do you want?” She sounded angry, but nervous at the same time. I intimidated her.

 I mean being an assassin can do that to some people.

 

“Agent Hoon told me you wanted to see me.” It’s not a complete lie, You thought to yourself. “Let’s go and sit down.” You said motioning back to her room. 

 

“I don’t want to stay in my room any longer. It’s so boring and lonely, no one comes in.” She looked up, “Let’s go sit at the cafeteria!” You saw a small spark of excitement in her eyes.

 

“We can’t go there Min-Jeong, it’s too dangerous after what happened.” You said taking a step towards her, making her walk backwards into her room.

 

“You’re one to preach about anything being dangerous.” She frowned, “Why would you even care about what happened to me anyway?” She turned around and made her way back to the hospital bed, moving at a slow pace. When she reached the bed she sat on the edge of it, near the top of the bed. I walked over slowly around to the other side sitting on the edge towards the foot of the bed. I pulled my legs up and sat with my legs crossed sitting so I was looking straight at her.

 

“I can’t explain everything to you now, but I need you to help me.” You spoke straightforwardly. With no emotion in your face.

 

“Why do you need my help? How do I know you won’t kill me right here, right now?” She answered back, with a fire in her eyes. She wasn’t going to accept secrets or lies…

 

“I would never hurt you, you need to realize that first.” Taking a deep breath you continued, “The FBI let me out of custody so that I could help them to track down and capture the country’s most wanted.”

 

“But why do you need me?” She shifted on the bed, trying to bring her legs up on the bed.

 

“You’re studying to be a criminal investigator, right? So I need your tactics to help find some of the criminals.” You said simply, watching her attempt to pull her legs up, you reached over and with one hand life her legs so they rested on the bed. 

 

“I’m only in my first year though, I still have to finish the second semester.” She said quietly.

 

“Well, your work with me can be counted as in field experience.” She wasn’t looking at you anymore, but looking at her legs.

 

“I’m not going to leave until you agree—“

 

“I don’t really have a choice do I?” She asked, slowly looking up at you. It pulled at your heart seeing the sadness in her eyes. Her thinking that she’ll be trapped by a wanted criminal.

 

“You really don’t, but you’ll still go to classes and go on about your life. You’ll just be at the FBI headquarters quite often and out with me when needed.” You tried to tilt your head, as if that would soften her expression.

 

"Can I trust you?" She was looking right at you. Her gaze didn't waver.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif