Seven

Blacklisted.

 

You know those weird dark spots you see if you squeeze your eyes shut for too long, then you feel like you're blind for a second? That's kind of how my memory is-- my father was a very highly respected man in the military, though during the last weeks I got to spend with my parents there was someone trying to ruin my father. Ultimately that happened. My father, mother and I were on a trip to see an old friend of my father's who said he would be able to help him. Before we could even get there the car had been rigged and during the drive blew up.  

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

My memory from that time and for a few years afterwards, is like the dark spots you see when you close your eyes. I can't remember everything. Maybe becasue I was too young? Or maybe I just didn't want to remember any of it. Since then I was sent to my uncle, after my father's image as a highly respected military officer was tarnished, no one wanted anything to do with my family name. But my uncle was on my mother's side, he said it wouldn't have mattered either way though because I'm family.

I never met the man my father was in such a rush to meet. Sometimes I wish I had to know how he could've helped my father, other times I want to blame him for why my parents aren't here with me today, then I just wish I could forget about him altogether- but that's not possible. How could I even think it would be possible?

I'll daydream about my memories or even have dreams about them too, but I can never tell how much of them are true or not. There's always a fantasy aspect, where something goes right, my parents lived, there was no explosion, there was no mean man after my father.

 

 

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

 

 

The all too familiar noise of beeping brings me back to reality, I can feel my aching muscles just as I lay there without moving them. Flashbacks weren't uncommon when you were sleeping, kind of like your dreams of wishing everything turned out differently. Even though it wouldn't.

Turning your head slightly, as to not cause any pain in your neck you didn't see anyone in your room. No one at all. Not even a nurse. Now that you thought of it you didn't even know what time it was.


more will be added.