Delighted

Dreamy Love

 

¨¨CHAPTER FOUR;

¨DELIGHTED¨

 

 

 

The air was refreshing, the trees were swaying in a soft motion, and the flowers in my hands had their delightful scent that filled my nose with pleasantness. The tree leaves had a hint of brown and orange in them and some were even falling slowly with such serenity. Couples walking hand in hand with everlasting smiles plastered on their faces and parents carefully watching their children playing innocently with each other.

 

A perfect place, a perfect get-away. The place where I seemed to be at peace and the place where I felt that same happiness that I felt whenever I was with my mom at the park. But I knew that this wouldn’t last forever, this happiness I was feeling. That’s what I learned these past few years, sometimes the things you treasure the most might become your misfortune in the future.

 

I fell asleep for only five minutes but it felt like an hour then I suddenly remembered that I was still in class. Instead of being quiet, squeals were heard from everyone – I mean the girls – once the door opened.

 

I was not able to take a glimpse due to the students who stood on their chairs and their desks to take a better look at what or who came in. As I put my head down, I heard the rest of the students say, “OMO, he’s so handsome! Oppa, what’s your name?”

 

Knowing that it one of those good-looking arrogant boys who had girls flocking all over him, being the Han Yeon Sung I was, I wished to not know his name and put on my hood and my earphones to try to block out the noise and tried to go back to sleep.

--

I found it to be a hard task for me since the girls were so loud and wouldn’t stop squealing. Suddenly, it became quiet, and the only thing I heard were the music from my earphones, the sound of footsteps and the sound of a chair being dragged against the floor. I wondered why the noise died down so I put my head up and to my surprise, everyone was looking in my direction. Clearly, I was oblivious of the fact that the guy that came in earlier was sitting next to me.

 

Still half awake, I looked to my right and saw the real good-looking boy sitting next to me and looking at me with an unreadable face.

 

“What the- why would he sit next to her?” I heard a student say and with that murmurs around the class began again. I agreed to the comment and thought to myself, She’s right, why would he sit next to me? There are empty seats everywhere, why that seat? I questioningly looked at him one more time and put my head down again to continue my slumber.

--

The teacher hushed everyone and signaled that it was time for class. The girls quickly got to their seats and class started. Since it was the first day of school, student introductions were required. It wasn’t very hard for people to recognize me – not because I was popular… NO – because I was probably the most hated person in the entire school. One by one, students went up to the podium to do their usual introductions.

 

“Annyeong! My name is...”

 

“Annyeong! My name is...”

 

“Annyeong! My name is...”

--

“NEXT STUDENT” the teacher said. The only people left were the boy sitting next to me and well… me. It was quiet for a while but I still kept my head down.

 

"Oh god, she's next and look at her, sleeping as always" someone said.

 

"What a sleeping beauty"

 

"Beauty? More like a beast" then the whole class erupted in laughter.

 

My fists silently clenched and I had the urge to punch them all. The boy next to me looked at my 'sleeping' figure and nudged my arm. Oh how I wanted to punch him too. I kept my cool and finally got up to the podium aware of all the dagger-like eyes that were following me.

 

"Annyeong, my name is Han Yeon Sung." I quickly put on my earphones again and ignored the comments that were usually said after my introductions. I was quite use to this actually, being ridiculed after the mention of my name.

 

I quickly sat down, put my head down again and heard the chair next to me squeak. The boy next to me stood up, walked to the podium and introduced himself.

 

“Annyeong, my name is-” and then he was cut off by the screaming girls.

 

“AHH OPPA, SARANGHAE”

 

“Ahem, as I was saying, my name is-“

 

“OPPA, AHHH”

 

Even with my head down, I could already tell how frustrated he was and I tried to sustain the laughter that was waiting to burst out of me. The boy noticed my stifled laughs and felt infuriated once again.

 

"My name is-"

--


→ Author's Note
ERMAGERH, that cliff-hanger though… I’m starting school this week and this winter break went by so fast. :( Who do you think is the mystery person? More drama coming soon... BYE~~ :)