Flashback

Dreamy Love

 

¨¨CHAPTER SEVEN;

¨FLASHBACK¨

 

 

 

Days went by. I continued to look out through my window during my last class just to watch a guy shooting hoops at the outside basketball court. He was always there, shooting like the world didn't exist. By the way he shot, turned, and dunked, I could tell that there were feelings behind it. He seemed so passionate about what he was doing and I could also tell that he was part of the school’s basketball team but I could not tell who he was because his hood always hid his face.

 

I’m not interested in him, no - I just admire the fact that he chooses to let out his feelings through something he loves to do rather than getting drunk or sleeping with girls just like most guys in today’s society. Most girls feel infatuated by guys like him but unlike them, I don’t. I don’t have time for guys; they’re just a waste of time. I’d rather focus on my grades and to get a successful job to support my foster family.

--

After finishing all my homework in the school's library, I checked my watch and found that it was only 5:30 pm which meant that I still had time to do whatever I wanted for the next hour and a half.

 

I stopped by the same cafe that my father and I used to go to and ordered the same thing as previously. Sitting in the table right across from me, there was this one guy drinking his coffee and eating his chocolate chip muffin in such a relaxed manner as his hooded head bopped along to the music which was playing in his earphones. He seemed somewhat familiar but I could not determine who it was. Or was it just my mind messing with me? Hmm… Then I took another sip of my coffee and looked outside.

--

With my warm unfinished coffee on one hand, my backpack slung over both my shoulders and my sketchbook in my other hand, I made my way to the park.

 

On the way to the park, the air became chilly and I mentally patted myself on the back for remembering to bring an extra sweater to wear. I placed my things down on the table, opened my backpack and reached into it for my sweater. After successfully putting my sweater on, I sat down and started sketching.

 

Half an hour passed by and once I was pleased with what I had drawn, I decided to look through the rest of the sketches in my sketchbook. A sketch of a flower. Flip! A sketch of a bird. Flip! A sketch of the trees. Flip... a sketch of... him sitting in the swings. I-I thought I threw this out. In a matter of seconds, I placed my hand on top of his sketched figure and began to caress his face. Why... why did you leave me? I silently continued to do so and saw water drops on my paper. What-. I lifted my hand up to my face and felt water pouring down my cheeks; I didn’t even notice that my tears were already falling endlessly.

~ FLASHBACK ~

“YAH!”

 

“Slow poke!”

 

“STOP RUNNING! I can’t carry all these books, they’re so heavy! KYAAA-” The books fell and so did I when I tripped over a crack in the floor.

 

“YEONNIE!” he came over running to me instantly with such a pained and sorrowful expression. “Gwaenchana? I really didn’t mean for that to happen to you. Are you hurt anywhere?” He carefully placed his hand down to my ankle and started massaging it ever-so carefully.

 

He looked so hurt and worried that I found it really adorable. I let out an unnoticeable smile and took my hand to his chin to face him to me. I stared at him for what seemed like forever and saw him inching closer for a kiss. I let out a small giggle just before his lips could touch mine. “You’re so gullible.” I quickly got up and ran, leaving next to him the books that I was previously carrying, scattered on the floor.

 

“YAH!”

 

“You can’t catch me!” I stopped running to catch my breath and looked back only to find nobody. “Where did he-”. Panic took over me.

 

“Right behind you.” and I knew that he was already smirking. I turned around and saw him right in front of me holding the books. But how... I thought I lost him. I could tell he was expecting me to blow up and run again but instead, with my feelings taking over, I hugged him and leaned my head deeper into his chest to hear his fast heartbeat. I felt him stiffen at the sudden contact that I initiated and heard the books fall to the floor. The books- I then felt him enclose my body in his warm arms.

 

“I thought I lost you…” I quietly mumbled being careful that he wouldn’t hear. But unfortunately, he did.

 

He let out a small chuckle and leaned down to my ear, still hugging me, “Don’t worry, you will never lose me, I will always be here with you. I promise.” He let go of the hug and held onto both of my shoulders. He stared at me and I stared back at him. He leaned forward and stopped before he could touch my lips. I thought he was going to do the same trick that I pulled on him earlier. His breath hovered over my lips, giving me shivers “I love you Han Yeon Sung, I love you too much to ever leave you” and initiated the kiss.

 

I instantly felt butterflies flying in my stomach and felt my legs getting weaker. My heartbeat increased by a million and felt his hand go down to my waist while his other was on my neck trying to pull me in closer into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt even more butterflies as his soft lips gently pressed against mine. It just felt so good and felt so right.

 

After what seemed like eternity, he let go of the kiss and bent down to get the books. We walked to the park and as he made his way to the swings, I decided to take out my sketchbook to sketch the cute scene.

 

“Come here!” he motioned to the swing which was right next to him.

 

“Later, but first, can I sketch you? Please?” trying to use my aegyo.

 

He softly chuckled and I felt shivers around my body again at the sound of his beautiful soft laugh. "Okay, but don't take too long…"

 

"Huh? Why?" I questioned him as I started my sketch.

 

"Because I'll miss you when you're not by my side." He shyly claimed and lowered his head so that I wouldn't be able to see his red cheeks. I looked up from my sketchbook and silently squealed in my head at how he looked like a little kid who was talking to his crush. Yeee.... So cute!

 

After a good amount of time, the sketch was finally finished and ran over to him showing it with such excitement. So, I basically shoved it up his face. "Ah. Do you like it? Is it pretty?" I said as I continued to eye my masterpiece.

 

He looked up from the sketch and stared at me whose eyes were glued to the artwork. "No"

 

EH?! But... I worked so hard on it! I frowned a little at his statement.

 

"I don't like it... I love it... so much that I never want to let go of it because it's the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on"

 

My heartbeat increased instantaneously for the hundredth time that day and I knew that he wasn't referring to the sketch anymore. I slowly lifted my head only to find him lovingly staring at me. The next second, his lips were already on mine.

 

He let go and smirked as he noticed my flushing cheeks. He gently squeezed them and whispered, "Aish, this girl. So easy to please. Tsk." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and smiled as I leaned in closer. I looked up to see him happily looking at the park and continued to stare at his beautiful face. Is this even real life? Why do I feel like I'm in a dream? A wonderful and a beautiful dream that is.

--


→ Author's Note
I apologize in advance for this long author's note but... How long has it been since I last updated? A month? T_T I'm sorry to those who were waiting for me to update. Finals are coming up and I've been busier than ever for the past month. At least March is over and it's almost Summer vacation. And you know what that means! KCON IS IN A FEW MONTHS. ASDFGHJKL. *fangirling for days*

And I showed this chapter to my friends before I posted it and they told me that my English has tremendously improved over such a short amount of time and they never realized how intimate I was, so when they read this, they were texting me stuff like...

"OMG. I LOVE YOUR WRITING. TEACH ME HOW TO BE AS GOOD AS YOU."

"GAHH too much fluff and drama. Perfecto! <3"

"YEEE!!! Amazing chapter<3 Haha, I never knew you were this intimate lolol". 

"ERMAHGERH, I just finished reading it and OH MY DOGGGSSS. I love how you put so much detail into it. It kinda sounds like you know the feeling of love. Now I’m curious…. ;)".

In conclusion, they were extremely shocked that a girl like me was this intimate. And they all asked me the same question... "Did you ever fall in love with someone?!"..... Just a little clarification, the flashback in this chapter IS based on a real event between me and my ex boyfriend (or is it my ex boyfriend and I? GAH, STUPID GRAMMAR). So, that answers their question. Yes, I guess have fallen in love... Aaanyways enough of my personal life. I want to thank you guys for keeping up with this super long author's note and also my English. My tutor has noticed that I have improved a lot and thanks to the encouragement of my friends and family, my English is getting better and better. I still have a long way to go but you know... gotta keep fighting! Oh! And the next Exo member meeting is coming reaallyyy soon.... Prepare your heart for another long chapter. See you all until then! BYE!~~ <3