Awake

Dreamy Love

 

¨¨CHAPTER THREE;

¨AWAKE¨

 

 

 

Waking up was always a hard thing for me because I was naturally a heavy sleeper and I would usually find myself waking up around noon time. I wanted to stay in my dream land, the place where I was in control. The place where all my wishes came true, the place where there was no pain but complete happin-

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

This is what I hated the most, waking up in the morning knowing that I would just end up surrounded by people who took their parts into creating me into an unwanted human being. A human being who was incapable of all things and a walking body without a soul. Being pushed around and interrogated for no good reason, I was used to that. That was what I considered as "normal".

 

Five minutes passed and I still haven't gotten out from my bed.

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP* my alarm clock sounded again.

 

Aish! I thought I turned it off.

--

With that, I groaned and tried to find the 'off' button on it with my eyes closed but being the clumsy person that I was, I ended up pushing it off my bedside table. It fell to the floor and thankfully, it stopped beeping. I finally managed to open my eyes and lazily put on my Dooly the Little Dinosaur slippers and head to the bathroom to get ready.

 

After a good long shower and a few touches on my makeup, I was ready to go. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs then into the kitchen where my mother was preparing my breakfast.

 --

"Oh! Good morning Yeonnie! I didn't expect you to wake up so early. Now eat this before you go to school okay? You wouldn't want to go to school on an empty stomach." she teased and placed 2 nutella pancakes with crushed almonds and whipped cream on it. My eyes softened and I was touched. My favorite... 

 

"Good morning eomeoni. Well, I put my alarm 30 minutes early because I knew that I would be late to school if I didn't." I replied and she left out a soft chuckle.

 

"Well, that's good. I don't want to keep waking you up, you're a big girl now and in a few more months, you'll be graduating. By the way, what happened to him? I haven't seen him all summer." I froze. The day was going so well until the mention of him.

 

"Oh, well. He's... busy with things" I lied.

 

"Oh okay, well, if you see him today at school, tell him I said hi and that he can come over again if he wants like he used to."

  

"No problem." I quickly finished the pancakes, bid my mother goodbye, and walked to school.

--

As I walked down the hallways, people pushed and walked past me and then I suddenly bumped someone making us both fall to the floor. I quickly got up, fixed my ruffled uniform skirt and went down to help the girl stand up. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looki- Jae Hee?!"

 

"Ow, watch where you'r- Yeonnie! I haven't seen you in so long! How was your summer? I heard that you and him broke up." she asked and claimed.

 

"It was fine, and I could care less about that jerk" Why did she have to mention him too?! "What about you? How was your vacation in Los Angeles?" I asked.

 

"That's nice to know. 'There's plenty of fish in the sea' as they say in Los Angeles! And it was great! I got to see really cute - and shirtless - guys at the beach. You don't know how much I was tempted to-"

 

"I think you're going a little too far" thanks to my sudden interruption, who knows where this conversation would have gone to and that made both of us laugh.

 

"Okay, well sorry if I wasn't able to text you or message you. I forgot to bring my phone with me, but at least I brought my camera to take photos of the guys! I can show you if you want." she said. Aish, this girl. So caught up on guys. Tsk tsk tsk. I silently said in my head.

 

"That's fine. And I think I'll pass." I told her.

 

The bell rang signaling that it was time for our first class. "If you say so~ See you later!" she said.

 

I sighed as I closed my locker and walked to my first period. At least I was able to see my best friend and at least I didn't see him so far, this year will be fine, don't worry so much.

--

The hallway was nearly empty when I suddenly got lost in my thoughts and bumped into another person. Man, what is wrong with me today?

 

"Mianhaeyo" I apologized and did a 90 degree bow without even looking at the person but judging by the uniform pants, I knew it was a boy. The person didn't say anything and just walked away like nothing happened. Geez, he could have at least said something.

 

I checked my watch and noticed that the second bell would ring any minute now. I ran to my classroom and thankfully, the teacher wasn't in there yet.

 

I opened the door and as expected, all eyes landed on me like I murdered someone. I rushed to the back corner of the room in my usual spot next to the window where the teacher wouldn't be able to see me. With that, I dozed off into dream land again.

--


→ Author's Note
Finally finished with finals! I apologize if this chapter has too much dialogue in it. And I also haven't updated for about a month... I apologize for that too! This was a really bad chapter but oh well. Thanks for reading! Next update coming soon! :)