Starting Over

Bond

  ( your thoughts are in pink) 

*pant pant* You were breathing hard as you ran up the field. Your mind was blank and you didn't think, you just reacted. There were only five minutes left in the game and your team was up by two. You came up to a defender and did a quick 1 2 with your teammate and best friend Amber. Shooting for the far corner you swung your foot, watching the ball soar through the air you slowly walked backwards as it sunk in the net. The crowd cheered and you jogged back to your side of the field, high-fiving your teammates. The game finished, in the last minute you had assisted in the last goal, and as you walked off the field you were swarmed by teammates and some people from the crowd. Receiving at least twenty slaps on the back you and the other girls walked to the locker room. Tonight had been the last game of the season and also your last game as a senior in high school. You were graduating tomorrow and then heading off to South Korea for a position on the all male soccer team they had. After a quick shower you got dressed and pack away all the thing in your locker in the duffel bag you had brought. Next you walked to the coaches' office and softly knocked on the door.

  Coach opened the door and the two of you exchange sad greetings. Pulling out your jersey you returned it to her after she took she pulled you into a tight  hug.

  "I'm going to miss you Mina," she said," the team won't be the same without you girl." Feeling you eyes start to water you pulled away and smiled.

  "Call me if you ever need an assistant coach I promise I'll come help you out." Nodding coach hugged you again and you walked away.

   Coach had been your replacement mom since last summer, that summer you parents had both been in car accidents and had died on impact. Coach took you in when you were wandering the streets because you didn't want to return home with all the memories of your parents there. She had helped you find an apartment and even helped moved your stuff in.

   Now as you walked through the gates of the school you slowly turned and murmured a silent goodbye. Yeah it was a little weird to say goodbye to a place you'd had been forced to go everyday for four years but you had liked school before your parents died. It took about ten minutes to walk to your apartment and once inside you pack your thing into your suitcase. Walking to the mini kitchen you hopped up on the counter and looked around. Because today was the last day in America it was empty except for the TV, couch,and bed. 

  Tomorrow after graduation you were supposed to catch a plane to Korea and there you were supposed to live in a dorm with six guys you didn't know. Sighing you got down, went to your suitcase, and grabbed a some shorts and a rose colored tank top. As you plopped down on the couch and the TV you thought of how you were supposed be starting over tomorrow when that plane landed. I'm going to find myself again, I'm not going to keep living like nothing in the world matters. With that thought you watched TV until you drifted off to sleep.

  The next morning you slowly got dressed and grabbed everything you were bringing with you. Amber called when you had finished telling you she had just pulled up outside. As you walked to her car you dropped the key off at the leasing office and said goodbye to your tenant. When you climbed in to Amber's red Mercedes you gave her a smile and a hug.

  " Don't you look y Minnie! I love that dress on you."she said making you blush. Your dress was light blue and it flowed down you body ending about mid thigh. She started the car and stepped on the gas. After a few minutes of staring out the window you looked over at the speedometer which was just a little past 90 mph.

  " Amber slow down!!" you screamed. The second you noticed the speed your body had tense up and  you became nauseous. Because the death of your parents had been a huge shock to you, you freaked out if a car was traveling over 60 mph. Your parents had been on their way home from work when a car going 100 mph smashed into the side of them.

   " Sorry," she mumbled as she stepped on the breaks and you tried to calm yourself. 

   About ten minutes later she pulled up to the arena where your graduation was being held and let you out. Soon the ceremony stared and you took you seat next to Amber. The ceremony was over before you knew it and you were now saying goodbye to a teary eyed Amber.

  " I'll call you when i touch down ok bye Am." you said softly turning towards you gate. After boarding the plane you pulled out your iPod and the latest album by you favorite group Exo. The plane took off and soon you were soaring over the Pacific ocean.