Chapter 4 (FINAL CHAPTER)

Heartbeats

man

oh man

this is the finale.

it's going to be over very soon.

aside from the fact that there's one more chapter which is the epilogue

oh man oh man

leave me some feedback?

FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS lolwhatFOURSHOT JUST LETTING YOU KNOW. 

final chapter (before the epilogue) ;; 1517 words.

___________________________

**play this while reading for a bit, you already know tho heh. oh by the way, Tao is knocked out, and this is a dream. if any of you will get confused while reading this part, like what the heck author-nim?! cx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjoebuUM_w**

A piano was being played softly in the background. Where was I? There were cherry blossom trees everywhere, the petals flew down gracefully and onto my body. I slid my hand up and made it hover over my face, looking at it as if it was a new sight to me. I don't know why I felt like this, but my head throbbed, and it hurt so much. I rolled around, and it wasn't a wood floor I was rolling upon. Instead of the hardwood floor, I was rolling around in the light pink petals that were falling from the trees. The piano had kept playing, but by who? It was playing such a familiar melody... I just don't know what melody it was.

"我望眼欲穿 看我看不到的你。" Huh? Those words...those words were from our Miracles in December! What the-- but that's not Luhan's voice? I picked myself up from the patches of flowers and found a huge tree standing in front of me. I tilted my head a bit, wondering why it was such a big tree. Could it be that the person who's singing, is behind this tree?

"我侧耳倾听 听我听不到的你。" His voice is deep and smooth. Was it Chanyeol? No, Chanyeol's was deeper than that, and doesn't he rap? But still...there's a possibility it could be Chanyeol. But Chanyeol isn't as good in Chinese just as Kris is..--

Kris?

Was it Kris, who was playing the piano behind this tree, and his voice was as heavenly as an angel? It makes sense, it makes me swoon and my heart do backflips like it usually does. Is it really him?

"Hyung?"

"曾经的我 太过自私 只照顾我自己, 曾经的我 太傻不懂得你的心,现在的我 一天天在改变 明明你不在我身边,却因为你而改变 因为你给的爱。" It was Kris. I had reached my way behind the tree, and there he was. Sitting on a bench, playing the piano perfectly and singing our new song. Kris, playing the piano? Singing? That's weird.. doesn't he rap, and does he play piano? It doesn't matter, his voice put my mind at ease. It made me forget about everything that was pressed into my mind the night before, or before that.

I felt myself feeling dizzy again as I put my palm to my forehead. I didn't know what happened next, but I tripped on my foot and suddenly I was in the arms of Kris.

--

A gasp escaped my mouth, sweat beaded around my face. Suho was holding me in his arms and was fanning me with his hands, everyone cheered silently as they saw me awake.

"W--where's Kris hyung?" were the first words that escaped my lips. I sat up, wiping the sweat off with the sleeve of my sweater. I saw Kris in my dream, can he be here, finally?

"He dissappeared, Tao." were the words Kai said to me. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. He what?

"H-he what?"

"He dissappeared Tao. While you were out we heard a knock on the door. Chen stumbled over Sehun to get the door, and by the time he got to it, all that was left was a note, some pictures, and his phone. He left, Tao. But, this is for you." Kai reached over to hand me the letter that had the words "To: my beloved Tao" written on the front of the envelope.

I shook as I took it from him, I felt as if a tornado came and flew me around and just dropped me, leaving for me to die. I carefully turned the envelope around, gently pulling the tape off the opening. As I was pulling the note out, I winced in pain for at least two seconds while trying to open the letter. I closed my eyes and took a breath before opening them and looking at Kris's handwriting.

To Tao:

I know this is sudden, but I am a wuss, and I know it. I may look and act tough, but I cannot be there for you on the day that you die. I cannot stand to leave my loved one, the one that I loved the most. If you die, in front of my eyes, or in my arms, I think I'd go crazy. I don't know what I'd do without you, Tao. Why didn't you tell me earlier? I can't believe you did this to me. I could've gave you all of my love, I would've protected you this past week, but I couldn't. I was stupid, and I didn't know what to do...here's my phone. It has all the pictures of us, tell all the members I bid goodbye. And to you Tao, I hope the last breath of your life will not be of the thought of me, I am only a burden to you. I love you.

-Kris.

I cringed at every heartfelt sentence he had written. I was holding the letter in my hands and grit my teeth, lowering my head so the members couldn't see me cry. Of course, they did because the tears came down my face and onto the letter. It had stained his handwriting, so the ink bled. I let out a scream before completely breaking down, throwing the letter on the ground. I got up to go to Kris an-- my room to quickly bring all the photos I had taped on the wall down. As i held the photos in my hands, I scattered them around the room, running out of the room and the dorm, to I don't know where I went.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me, I heard all 10 of them screaming my name but I didn't look back. I couldn't look back now. I grabbed at my chest, my heart suddenly feeling weak as I tripped on the cement and fell to the floor. My hands and knees were scarred, but it didn't matter.

My life is going to end soon. So why bother?

I choked on my tears as I fell again, my heart beating thrice as fast, causing me to go into a fetal position. I clutched onto my stomach as well, for some weird reason it was hurting too.

Everything was hurting.

I yelled, but no one could hear me because it was late at night. No one was on the streets, EXO was probably trying to find me, but in all honesty, I didn't even know where I was.

I kept twisting and turning, and I ended up where I wanted to anyways.

Ah..there's my final destination.

My feet slowly trudged behind me as I walked towards the certain place where I felt like my closure was.

This'll do... you Kris...

--

[Kris's POV]

I can't believe I left Tao like that. I can't. But i can't go back on my word, it'll make me seem like an . But weren't you already one, once you made the move of just leaving a letter instead of going over the dorm yourself and saying goodbye?

No. It would cause me too much pain, and it would cause Tao too much pain too.

God damn, Kris, aren't you a selfish little ?

Ah..whatever.

I slowly walked and turned to where a nearby bridge was.

I really didn't expect anybody to be there though.

Who was that?

"Hey uh, excuse me!" I waved my arms for them to notice me, but they didn't move a bit. I felt my heart tug towards that direction for some weird reason as the person stepped onto the edge of the bridge.

"E--excuse me!" I ran over to them, hearing loud sobs coming from the person as I got closer. Would I be able to save them? I couldn't even save Tao...

"Fu-- you Kris." My ears perked up, Tao?!

"Tao?!" The male who was covering his face turned around, his eyes were bloodshot and it broke my heart.

"T-Tao!" As I tried to pull him in for a hug, he pushed me off while shaking his head.

"You..you . You idiot, you er..." 

"Tao-- I know, look, I'm sorry, but I can't stand to see you die in front of me!" It sounded so selfish, he and I both knew it.

"Too bad you will though." His foot hovered over the air that was near the bridge and I pulled him back.

"Are you crazy?" 

" yeah I'm crazy, it doesn't matter anymore. We're all going to die one day."

"But don't die, not like this! I can't do it--"

"You have no choice." He then pushed himself off the bridge, my eyes widened.

"Then, I have no choice either." I sighed and jumped off, closing my eyes while pulling his hand in midhair. He fought back, but I kept him in my arms.

"If I can't have you...no one else will." Tao cried loudly, onlookers who finally came walked over to the bridge and gasped as EXO-M's maknae and leader fell through the air at an intense speed.

"Tao..I love you."

"I..I love you too Kris.." I inhaled deeply before we hit the water below us.

This is it.

You died in my arms..but I will die with you too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOOOOOOOOOO

I know that ending was but.

are you guys ready for the epilogue?

no?

okay because I'm not ready.

I hope you stay tuned to what happens after heh.

saranghae! -makes a heart with her arms;