Chapter 3 (part two)

Heartbeats

a/n: TRIPLE UPDATE WOW AREN'T YOU EXCITED? for my 20 subscribers i love you all haha. aw it may not seem like a lot but it means a lot to me <3 this will end soon though, just wait. oh and shoutout to shurei_wook and ms_summer for giving me feedback ehehe. love you both wow ;; -author-nim (i wasn't sure whether to put a scene or not haha, because my friends told me to right before Tao dies? But I don't think I would, it wouldn't make this story more significant? I dunno, give me your feedback plsuh.) -author-nim ;; ~~~

fourshot, 3/4 ;; 2,626 words

----------------------------------------

I sighed and closed my eyes, bringing my hands up to my face. One more day... 

"Tao?" Kris said, weaving his arm in between my waist and arms. I groaned a bit, gravitating towards his touch. 

"Yes?"  He snuggled with me, tracing my name over my body more than several times.

"You seem..off. 2 nights ago you had a nightmare and won't even talk about it." I squirmed a bit, covering my face with a pillow.

"I said I didn't want to talk about it. Plus, we have something to do today, okay? Just trust me. We'll talk about it later when we get home" He scoffed, but then nodded his head in agreement. I was a bit off, I mean, yeah who wouldn't be if they knew that they had one more day to live? I sighed again, hopping out of bed. It was Christmas Eve, and I always get Christmas presents late. So today would be a kind of shopping fun day with Kris.

Kris followed after me, rolling out of bed while fixing his hair. He yawned, sitting up and burying his face into the palms of his hands. Ah.. is hyung tired? He must be..I'll buy him some coffee later at the mall. I smiled, walking towards my closet to get out a Gucci shirt and jeans. Kris went to his closet grabbing his Homies beanie and dark blue Sup sweatshirt. He also grabbed a pair of jeans, hopping into the bathroom before I could.

"Aish..whatever. I'll just change here." It's not like anyone would walk in anyways, the rest of the crew wouldn't be coming back until tomorrow. I yawned, stripping off my boxers-since that was the only thing I had on-pulling on a new pair of breifs, along with my shirt and jeans. I went to the bathroom,since Kris never locked the door, to put my clothes in the hamper. My eyes trailed down his body, scoffing that he already had his jeans on.

"Cheater."

"Ha, admit it. You came in here to see me ."

"I dunno. Did I?" He laughed.

"You did. Don't worry, wait until later tonight." I raised an eyebrow while he wiggled his.

"Alright hyung. You ." I walked out, laughing at what he had said. It was true, I wanted to see him. But what he said just teased me, and I would have to have that image stuck in my head for the rest of the day until it actually happened. I felt my underwear getting stiff, looking down I scoffed again. Really Kris? This is what you do to me.. Hopefully it would go away as we were on the way to the mall.

Kris walked out of the bathroom, fixing his hair again. He coughed and then turned to face me. 

"How do I look?" He pretended to pop his collar, although he didn't have one, and winked at me. I scoffed, pinching his cheeks to mess with him.

"You look adoooorable."  He pushed my hands away, wrinkling up his nose in the cutest way possible.

"No I'm supposed to be y."

"You're y when you have no clothes off."

"So I'm adorable with clothes?"

"Nah, I'm just teasin' ya." He laughed, pushing me gently.

"Am I going to drive or are you?" I smiled, grabbing his hand and intertwining his fingers with mine. 

"I am. It's the least I can do." I extended my arm out to ruffle his hair. "Are you worried about me hyung?" He sighs, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Of course I am. Who the hell wouldn't be? You've been tossing and turning all night, whimpering in your sleep like something's going to happen. I want to hold you in my arms and let you know that you're safe. And you're mine, and it's okay." He mumbles, I close my eyes trying not to cry. I want to believe that, I want to know that everything is okay, but it's not. Sorry hyung..it's so hard to see you like this. If you can't even handle me being like a total burden, how will you handle yourself when I'm gone? I sighed, smiling after that. 

"It's okay hyung. Yeah, i should listen to you. Don't worry about it, okay? Like you said, worry about yourself, and then me. So, worry about yourself and then Tao." He nodded, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"Alright, let's go." 

--

"Oh my, isn't that cute?!" I pointed to the panda and dragon in the toy store, he laughed, ruffling my hair. I puffed, fixing it again for at least the 100th time. 

"Yeah it is cute. Panda is you, Dragon is me." I nodded, pulling him closer to me. Our shopping cart was full of food and things that the members really liked. There was a charm bracelet set for Baekhyun, who really liked a person with charm. If he ever finds his significant other, he could make those with her...or him. It didn't matter. We bought D.O several fantasy movies so that he could stop complaining that there aren't enough movies for him to watch. For Suho was "Pirates of the Carribean" toys because he loved that movie so much, Kai had new clothes-and a chicken sweater since he loved to eat it oh so much- and Chanyeol received tickets to see Eminem. Sehun got bubble tea, Chen got clothes as well, Luhan got a reindeer (ha) and Lay got a unicorn. For Xiumin we got him clothes, and for Kris, I would decide on that later.

"It's not as cute as you though." He laughed, pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"Whatever Tao. I said I'm handsome and y. Not cute."

"Then explain to me why you did aegyo." He groaned, rolling his eyes.

"That was like once."

"Times five."

"Which is still one.."

"No it's 5."

"Oh--wait--" I laughed, poking his sides.

"Ah whatever, malls about to close. Plus we needa wrap all these gifts for them before they come home tomorrow." 

"Alright, whatever you want." He smiled, pulling me closer while placing his lips on my forehead. I snuggled closer to him, wrapping my mitten covered hands around his waist, swaying us for a bit. I closed my eyes for a few amount of seconds, opening them again to see that there was a grand piano in one store in front of us. Oh my.. would they..would they let me use it? I let go of Kris, running over to someone who looked like the manager.

"Uh, excuse me. Is it okay if I...play a song?" The manager looked up and fixed his glasses, nodding. He had said that no one ever got to, since they never asked. I lit up like a Christmas tree, hugging the manager. I said my thanks before sitting down, gliding my fingers across the black and white keys. I sighed, remembering my first encounter of me, a piano in the park, and Kris.

~~~~ PSST, play this song while reading the flashback. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQ7hMwVNPI ~~~~

I laughed, playing a smooth melody under the tips of my fingers. Kris was resting his head on his arm on top of the piano, tapping his fingers along with the rhythm of the song. Kris's eyes slowly closed, but then fluttered back open as I kept playing.

"Yah babo, what are you doing?" I laughed, I knew he was sleepy, yet he insisted he wasn't.

"I'm waiting for you to finish the song, ." I scoffed. What a jerk. I kept playing the melody over and over, he wouldn't know in any way because it was my first time playing my song for him.

It was a cold night, I gave Kris my jacket because he didn't listen to me and insisted that he wasn't cold. It was January 5, 2013, 4 days after New Years. It was at least 2 am, and here we were, in the park with a piano. I yawned, getting tired myself.

"Jagiyaa." He whined, sitting next to me, wrapping his arms around my neck. I laughed, placing my lips on top of his forehead. 

"What jagi?" He yawned, kissing my left shoulder.

"Let's go to sleep." I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Here? In the cold, in the middle of the park?" He laughed, pulling me closer to him.

My fingers glided across the keys again, smiling. The piece I was playing was called Because I love you, by Yiruma. 

Because I love you Kris, this is the first time I've ever felt like this.

Because I love you Kris, this is why we're out here right now.

Because I love you Kris, I play this song for you.

I heard a soft snoring coming from Kris's lips, which caused me to chuckle. Goodnight my prince..

--

I shook my head, realizing I was still sitting on the bench of the piano I was about to play. I inhaled, looking over to Kris who walked over gracefully to sit next to me. 

"Are you going to play the song you played for me at the park?" I shook my head.

"Nah. I'm going to play a different one. Just..listen." He nodded, resting his head on my shoulder.

~~ this one is what Tao is playing now ;; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJ-dgnK-Ok ~~

I inhaled and exhaled, my fingers pressing on the keys, playing the melody slow and sweet. This one was called Time Forgets, also by Yiruma. I sighed, I was playing it for Kris to forget about me when I was gone. To forget the years we spent together knowing each other, for him to move on.

Kris smiled, hugging me and pulling me closer like he usually does.

"What's the title of this song?"

"Shh..just listen." He nodded, closing his eyes. A tear fell down my right cheek, closing my eyes as I played this song, remembering all the memories that Kris and I had.

That one time where I had set up the park full of lights for Kris to see how much he lit up my world, and my day if it was a ty one.

Or that one time where he was crying so much, his face was swollen and his eyes were puffy so I stayed with him for the night.

Or the other time when I comforted him after a fight with his parents.

And also when he was sick, I took care of him.

Or when I was sick, he took care of me.

He needs to forget.

It will be hard, but he has to forget.

Won't he?

Since I won't be here anymore, he has to forget, he has to.

But I know I won't.

I won't forget.

I stopped playing the song, burying my head into my hands as tears flowed out and down my face. Kris looked up, turning me around as he cupped my cheeks with his hands, wiping away the tears that were streaming down my face.

"Babe, babe what's wrong? Was it that beautiful?" A tear came down his cheek as I kept crying. I nodded my head, although that was not the reason at all.

"K-Kris?" I managed to choke out.

"Yeah?" I inhaled, trying to get my words together.

"I-I love you." Several tears fell down his chin, I wiped it away with my sleeves.

"I love you too. Now let's get home so we can start wrapping." I nodded as I followed him, trudging my feet behind me.

--

When we arrived home we panicked, hiding all the store bags behind our backs. Figured out the members had come to celebrate Christmas with us, and they already did with their families. How weird, but whatever. When we opened the door, we had to run into our room as fast as we can and throw the gifts on the bed. Once we did, we exited out and locked the door, leaving the key to Kris so that no one would come in.

"Were those for us?" Sehun said, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet.

"Ye-" Kris started, but I cut him off.

"No." Chanyeol laughed, ruffling my hair. I scoffed, fixing it again.

"Damn, everyone loves ruffling my hair. C'mon now, do that to the maknae maknae!" Chanyeol chuckled, wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

"You're part of the maknae line, so you count."

"Ugh, rude. Merry Christmas ." I cooed, resulting me in getting a flick on the forehead.

"Merry almost Christmas. It's 9 pm on Christmas Eve." My eyes widened, damn already?!

"Oh Kris the--"

"On it." He grabbed the key from his back pocket, opening the room and then locking it again. I sighed in relief, he was going to go wrap the Christmas presents. Kai and Kyungsoo laughed, making their way over to me. Suho, Chen, and Xiumin were spread out on the couch watching TV. Luhan, Lay, and Sehun were playing catch with a tennis ball, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol were preparing the table for dinner. I sighed, knowing it would be my last dinner with them. I had to tell them now, I couldn't keep them waiting. I'll tell them about Kris and I, and about my illness after dinner. I didn't wanna ruin their appetite. 

--

How was I supposed to tell this to them...?
 
"Tao, what is it that you have to tell us that all 12 of us are in the same room together?" Kris looked at me straight in the eye, crossing his arms.
 
"I--" I choked on my words, fixing my collar looking at everyone with sweaty palms.
 
"You?" Kris tapped his foot impatiently, everyone staring at us which made all the tension drop down on my shoulders as if it was the whole world.
 
"I..I only have a week left to live."
 
Gasps escaped everyones lips,  Kris's jaw dropped at least 2 inches before going up to me, engulfing me into his arms as tears streamed down my cheeks.
 
"Tao..why didn't you tell us?"
 
"I--I just..I'm sorry." Tears fell down my cheeks, hugging Kris as tight as I could. Why did I say a week? I only had another day, you .
 
"I, I actually..it's...it's not a week..." Kris almost choked, pulling away from the hug.
 
"What?"

"I--" 
 
"Tao." 
 
"Oh--okay.. I only have another day.." Kris yelled at, causing me to close my eyes and cover my ears, sobbing the pain away. 
 
"Do you.. do you have a donor?" Kris managed to choke out, placing his hand on my shoulder.
 
"N..no.."
 
"Tao!"
 
"I--I'm sorry! I might have died too, I was going to anyways! Who..who in their right mind...who would give me their heart?"
 
"M--"
 
"That's the point! You can't. I don't want to live knowing that you died because of me." The members looked at us, the tension rising again.
 
"Well do you think I could live now?! Knowing that today is your last day, ESPECIALLY on this day? Tao! It's Christmas!"
 
"I-I'm sorry! It's not my fault!"
 
"It is. For having a stupid heart like that." Ouch. That hurt. A lot. I fell down on my knees as Kris grabbed his coat and left the dorm, the rest of the members huddling around me, asking if I was okay.
 
"Tao! Can you hear me?"
 
"MAKNAE! Are you okay?"
 
"Tao!"
 
"TAO!"
 
My mind couldn't function well, I put my hand to the side of it, feeling extra dizzy. A tear fell down my cheek as I choked out another word.
 
"K-Kris.." The rest of my body turned weak, leaving me to collapse completely on the floor.
 
"TAO!"
------------------------
a/n: 
oh
.
dun dun dun.
hope you don't hate me
no he didn't die, theres another chapter and an epilogue, don't worry.
leave me feedback? <3