Chapter 3 (part one)

Heartbeats

a/n: I know it's only been a day since I updated buuuut I needed to, I don't want my muse to go away ahahahha, enjoy yes? I split up chapter 3 and 4 into two parts well, just because. there might be some mistakes because editor-nim fell asleep on me D:< meanie. -authornim

fourshot, 3 and a half/4 + epilogue ;; 2493 words

________________________________________

Another two days has passed, leaving me with only 3 more days to live. It was 1:46 am, I was tossing and turning in bed. Kris wouldn't be home until 5, he said not to wait for him, but at this rate, I didn't intentionally wait for him, right?

Ugh what to do..what to do...

It was already December 22nd, plus I still haven't gone Christmas shopping for anyone yet. A sigh escaped my lips, a small puff of fog could be seen as I sighed. Boy was it cold. I shivered, pulling the covers over me so that I could keep warm, tucking the ends of the blanket under my feet. I sighed again, rolling myself into a burrito to keep warm. Why wasn't Kris here when I wanted him to be? Ah, shut up shut up Tao. Worry about yourself first, then him, remember? Or else he's going to be really pissed... I shook my head, trying to remove the thoughts out of my mind. I didn't have time for this, I did have to worry about myself, lately whenever Kris wasn't around, I would pass out, or have mini heart attacks. It's good that I know how to take care of it, or Kris would have probably come home with a dead Tao...oh. Is that how I'm going to die? Will it be painful, or will my heart just give up on me? Why can't I find a donor god damn it? 

A donor...

Oh .

It hit me, I should go check if I can get a donor right?

But who the hell would trade their perfect, healthy heart, for a stupid, beat up one like mines?

What if they have someone they love, will I love that someone instead of Kris, since it's a different heart?

Will they long for Kris, wanting him and his attention if we did switch hearts?

Hell no, I'm not doing that.

Just kidding donor, I don't need you.

Or do I?

Tao, make up your mind..

But I don't want to die?

But I don't want to love another!

Gah...

I tossed and turned in bed again, squeezing my eyes shut, trying to sing along to one of our songs. 

"Baby don't cry...tonight.." A tear rolled down my cheek, clutching onto my blanket tighter.

"当黑夜再次亮起来," I tossed and turned again, my silent cries turned into loud sobbing, causing me to punch at my heart for being so stupid.

"Baby don't cry...tonight....就当作没发生过一样.......你永远都不会化成像泡抹一样......难道你不知道吗....so baby don't cry, cry....我的爱守护你不分开.."  Tao you should just go to sleep...

--

I woke up in a cold, dark, cave, you could hear trickling of water everywhere. Wait what the hell? I was in bed...oh. . Was this a..was this a dream?

"Tao wake up oh god." I pinched myself, shutting my eyes tight before opening them again, finding to see I was in a sunflower field now. What the fu--

"Tao!" Kris starts running over to me in slow motion. Slow..motion? What the hell. I stand still, swaying from side to side, waiting for him to come over. Well this is quite nice anyways.. Kris was almost to me, and right about when he was going to hug me, his arms went right through me, falling onto the ground.

Wait what?

"What the hell...Tao? Tao!" Kris cried, as if he lost me. But I was right here?

"Kris..what are you doing? Get up..." My hand reached out towards him, but only went through him as I tried to grab his hand. What the hell?!

"Tao! Where the hell are you?! I need you..don't do this to me, I can't see you! Where are you?!" Kris cried, his tears rolled down his jaw made my heart break. Literally. I wasn't sure if singing would help, or if Kris would even hear me, but I tried. I inhaled before started to sing.

"Baby don't go...yeah...带我到会有你的地方 永远都在一起走....ohhh...我们要一起飞到世界的最中心...." Kris's ears perked up, which made my heart lighten its load a bit. He could hear me...but why not when I talk, do I have to sing...?

"Tao..are you singing? Even if I can't see you..even if I can't kiss you...even if I can't...hold...you..." He choked on his words, sobbing loudly. My legs became weak, collapsing onto my knees, crawling over to him. It's going to be alright babe... A tear rolled down my cheek, knowing it wouldn't be. Suddenly Kris looked up into my eyes, as if he saw me, and wrapped his arms around me. Wait.. what?

"Tao...you're bac--k..." He stuttered, a bit shocked at how I just reappeared. I--what the hell..oh it. I sighed, wrapping my arms around him, wiping his tears with my thumbs.

"Don't cry....it breaks my heart." He nods, pulling me closer to him. ...he's such a fragile flower...His sobs became louder again, making himself go into a fetal position. Heart. Shatters. Heart. Beats. Heart. Breaks.

When I blinked, I was no longer holding Kris anymore. I blinked again, rubbing my eyes. We were back in the dorm. Does this mean I'm actually awake now..? 

"Tao..let go..." Wait what, I'm not holding onto him though--what the hell?! 

I saw an older version of Kris and I, Tao was holding onto him as if his dear life was in stake. Tao was wearing a suit and tie--might I say which looked really good on me--while Kris was wearing the same. I tilted my head, what the hell happened?

"No..don't go--" Tao managed to choke out before Kris pushed away Tao's hand, my heart breaking into a million pieces as I saw that.

"No Kris don't do that--I--" These words came out of my mouth in a confused tone. What was going on? It's not like they would hear me anyways.

"Tao..I know it's hard but..I don't--"

"Don't you dare ing say it."

"I have to, so you could move on."

"No..I don't want to..please Kris.. we've been married for 9 years." Woah woah, what?!

"I think 9 years is enough for me." Multiple slaps across my face. What the hell do you mean enough?!

"That's not enough for me--" Tao manages to choke out. I walk over to the older version of myself, placing my hand on his shoulder. This time my hand didn't pass through, but he shivered as I did that. Am I a ghost?

"Tao."

"Wu in' Fan!"

"Don't you do that to me."

"Well say my name right, you ." He cried, causing me to hug my older self, crying along with him.

"Huang Zitao.."

"What." He looked up at Kris, giving him a death glare, baring his teeth for whatever was next. I could feel his tension rising, his hands balled up into fists, trying to fight the pain away. How funny, he's still like me when he's older..well..that is me but...the habit never broke haha..

"I don't love you anymore." And just like that, I could feel hundred and thousands of hippos trampling all over me, causing me to fall on the floor and clutch at my heart. You just did what, Kris?! I could hear my older version, crying, weeping, begging for forgiveness. Kris explains that it's nothing of his doing, but his feelings have drifted and he's been cheating on Tao with Chanyeol. At least 500 people kicked me in the gut. He what?!?

"Just go... you Wu Yi Fan. I wish I never met you." Tao! No! Don't you dare, what the hell?! I ran over to him, shaking his shoulders, which he didn't feel at all. Are you crazy?!

"Fine..stay safe."

"Don't tell me what to do." I could hear Tao about to have a meltdown, but he was holding it in until Kris walked out the door. Tao then sprawled his body across the floor, crying so loud that he could be heard in America. Tao...

"ing Kris, you and everything you did! Did you ever really love me? Because I sure ing did, gah!" Tao kept crying, pulling his knees up to his chest. I covered my ears and closed my ears, trying not to listen to his weeps. I hear another voice weeping, what? Who..?

I suddenly got up on my two feet, and as I tried to grab for the doorknob, it slipped through my grip. Oh can I..? I walked through the wall, nodding in approval. So I could, haha. I turned to my left, to see Kris crying over the balcony. What..? 

"Tao I'm so sorry..I do love you...9 years isn't enough for me...I never cheated on you with Chanyeol.." WAIT, HOLD UP..WHAT?!

"You..you never told me you had a heart illness..and you only had one more day to live..why? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Wait but, I didn't tell you?!

"And now here you are..9 years later. Your heart is working well because of a donor. You didn't love anybody else but me, but do you know why you're still living?" W...why?

"That heart you have...it's mine..." Kris managed to choke back, making me step back, trying to breathe. What?!

Kris then collapsed on his knees in pain, clutching his heart. He kept panting, looking as if he was dizzy. After a few seconds he took his last breath, his whole body collapsing onto the ground.

"KRIS?!"

--

", NO!" I screamed, throwing pillows and thrashing everything in the bed.

"T-Tao! Calm down, oh god..it was just a nightmare!"  I turned to my left, finding Kris to be sitting on the bed, holding a pillow in front of him so I wouldn't hit him on accident.

" I--!" I choked on my words, tears streaming down my face. That ing nightmare..that was...no that was horrible...

"Tao, calm down. It's okay, I'm right here!" Kris said, grabbing me and pulling me into his arms. I cried more, my eyes were squinted and I couldn't see a thing. When I tried to look at him, he looked blurry, causing me to cry even more.

"K-Kris?! I can't--I can't see! Kris oh my ing god--" I cried more, Kris gently cupped his hands on my cheeks, wiping the tears away. 

"Hush little baby..I'm right here. It's just your tears you idiot." He laughed once, pulling me into a hug again while resting his chin on my shoulder. I sighed, rubbing my eyes so that I could see more clearer.

"I--I knew that."

"Tao?"

"What?"

"What's my favorite anime?" Who would ask such an absurd question at a time like this? I shrugged, answering it anways.

"I dunno, what?"

"NaruTAO, ha, get it?" I started laughing, hitting him gently in the chest.

"You idiot."

"Tao." Oh god, he's on a roll.

"What did EXO bring on the beach?" I already knew this one, rolling my eyes.

"Tao--"

"TAOwels, haha! Geez, aren't I funny?" He laughed, slapping his knee. That caused me to laugh even harder because these puns were horrible, just horrible. 

"Taaooo."

"Whaat?" I knew Kris wasn't going to stop yet. He can't stop, and he won't stop--oh geez Tao shut up. You've been watching too much American TV shows.

"What did you say after EXO went to Disneyland." I scoffed.

"What?"

"Wu! That was Fan!" I almost choked, laughing harder than before. Jesus Christ Kris, you're horrible. Maybe that's why I love you.

"Taaooooo."

"Yeah?"

"What would you call it if EXO ever fell. Like..off number one charts or something." I raised an eyebrow, that wasn't going to happen.

"What do you call it?"

"A KRIS-us. HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD."  I laughed, covering my mouth.

"I'm not your God!"

"Oh shut up, you know what I meant!" This resulted in us rolling around on the bed, holding onto our stomachs until our lungs couldn't take anymore, and we had to stop to breathe.

"Tao, tell me again that one joke though. What did you want to see in London?"

"Big Ben?"

"No that's not it." I tapped my chin, thinking about what I needed to add. Oh!

"Big Ben-ben.."

"Correct." We stared at each other with a serious face for at least 5 seconds, before bursting back into laughter.

"Hey, hey Tao."

"What?"

"Do you remember that drama we watched?"

"We watched so many, I dunno which you're talking about."

"The one with the curly hair and bob headed one."

"What?"

"Uhh...Goo JunPo?" I laughed, realizing he was talking about Boys over Flowers.

"Goo JunPyo? Geez Kris.." He laughed nervously, rubbing the nape of his neck and nodding.

"Yeah that, do you remember that one song that would make us  cry and laugh?" 

"Oh the.." I cleared my voice, trying to put on my best-worst-singing voice over. "I'll be waiting for youuUUUuuu!" Kris burst out into laughter, pushing me over gently.

"Y-Yeah that one. Oh god. And the current one right now..Heirs? Is Goo JunPyo, Kim Tan?" I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Yeah idiot."

"Shut up"

"Make me."

"Is that a challenge?" He scoffed, pulling me closer to him, our lips were 3 centimeters away from each other. I suddenly burst out into song, pushing him away.

"LOOOOOVE IS THE MOOOMENT!" I outstretched my arms in both ways, Kris laughing and pulling me towards him again.

"You ruin the moment."

"At least I didn't have a while we kissed. ."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"I don't want to anymore." My jaw dropped.

"Aw, why not. Are you mad? Is Kris mad? Wu Yi Fine--Fan, are you mad?" He looked over to me, raising an eyebrow.

"What did you call me, Wu Yi Fine? And mad?" He scoffed again, shaking his head. "Nah, I'm not mad." 

I nudged him gently, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

"Positive."

"Are you sure, so sure, that you're absolutely positively not mad?"

"Mhm."

"Are you sure or not sure?"

"Not sure."

"So you're not sure that you're not mad at me?"

"Wait--"

"Settles it. You are mad."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes!"

"Tao!"

"Kris!"

"Shut up."

"I said. Make. Me."

"I. Don't. Want. To."

"Mad."

"No."

"Ye--" I was then cut off, he pressed his lips against mine in a rough way before pulling away, covering his face with a pillow. I smiled, pulling him into my arms.

"You were mad."

"Shut up."

"Ma--"

"No really, shut up." I scoffed, throwing a pillow at him.

"You ."

"My ."

"Hey!"

"It's true." He laughed covering with the pillow which caused me to raise an eyebrow.

"Are you--?" He then removed it, showing that he had a .

"Jesus ing christ. Want me to help?" He whimpers, nodding his head.

"Alright." I then slowly took off his boxers, helping him get rid of his .

Ah Kris..

------

a/n: ha, you thought I would put some detail into the last part huh.

Nah, that's not until--

woops. nope that's a spoiler won't tell ya. 

Credit to http://exom-trans.tumblr.com/ for the Mandarin lyrics ;;

How was it? Give author-nim some feedback, de?