Chapter 1

Heartbeats

Yo yo wassup! This is your author, Crisiel. Aha, oh damn. I got 75 views and 6 subs in one day, I just joined too, yay! Tao is going to sound like a (I'm sorry D:<) to himself, don't bash on me because that is how his character is made in this four shot ;; So, I got off of school early today (I was supposed to have my kpop club but it cancelled) so enjoy, yeah? [leave me some feedback on what to improve! :) ]

fourshot, 1/4 + epilogue ;; 2516 words

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No no.. This can't be. No matter how many times I had paced across the room in the light blue hospital gown, horrible thoughts flooded my mind. What happened? Why hadn't the doctor come back after an hour, was there something wrong with me? What to do.. The members of our group flooded into my mind, I blinked, wondering why and how they were even in there. How could this be? Gah.. 
 
"Huang Zitao?"
 
"Yes?"
 
The doctor walked slowly towards me, furrowing his eyebrows and taking out a pen from his lab pocket. He was holding a clipboard--probably my records--and flipped through each page, sighing while doing so.
"What's wrong?" The smile had been wiped off on my face, being replaced with a frown. There was something wrong with me..wasn't there?
 
"I'm sorry to say.." He adjusted his collar as if it were choking him, choking his words that were going to spill out in that instant.
 
"Sorry to say...?" I motioned my hand with a forward roll-or however you call it-telling him to go on. I had a bad feeling, as if there was something deep inside a room and was banging against the walls, wanting to get out.

The doctor sighed again, raising his hand up, placing it on top of my right shoulder, looking down at the clipboard. "I'm sorry to say, Zitao. That your heart, its rhythm is unlike most others." He then coughed into his free arm, before turning back to me. My heart-which I didn't know whether to be content with ot not-sank to the pit bottom of my body. 
 
"Am I.. Am I going to be okay?" , of course you're not. You know it yourself, you're scared as hell and you want to cling onto Kris, crying and making sure that he's there before you're really done for.
 
Kris...
 
I shook my head once again, trying to hold back the tears and not trying to think about him. Now was not--okay maybe it was--but now was not the time to think about Kris. Think about yourself first, like what he says, and then think about him, okay Tao? My eyes trailed back up, looking at the doctor in the eye, his expression was pitiful. 

It made me want to scream curse words into a pillow endlessly, and after just to sleep and never wake up.

"For now. But I have to tell you something that's a bit more..tragic." I raised an eybrow, placing my hand on top of his shoulder this time. 

"What do you mean tragic? As in, tragic I can't be able to do anything in my life anymore like martial arts, or tragic as in..?" I didn't even have to say the rest, the doctor nodded at the second option, looking down again.

"I'm sorry Mr. Huang. You have approximately.." He checked the papers again, flipping through them as if he were shuffling a deck of cards until he reached the page. "A week..a week until you take your last and final breath." He sighed once more, which was starting to irritate me because I already knew he was sympathetic, patting my shoulder before waving goodbye.

Anger hit me first, frustration, pain. All the things I could have done in the future, all ruined, ruined! Ruined because of this stupid heart that had a stupid rhythm, making me different and unlike others. This heart that I didn't even know that beated irregurlarly, until now! It angered me so much, the blood was boiling in my veins.  I clutched at the place of my heart, falling down on both of my knees, a painful jolt coming from within my body.

"AHH!" The pain was killing me, my heart felt as if it kept getting stomped on by an elephant. Two nurses had overheard me and rushed over, dropping their clipboards to get ahold of me on each arm.

"Jinhye! Get the needle over there!"  The nurse on my left said, pointing over to the cabinet. Right about when the other nurse was going to let go so that she could get the needle, my arm suddenly extended out in front of her chest, stopping her from getting it. My eyes widened as I saw what had happened, my body acted as if it controlled itself.

"Wait, please don't put me on drugs! It's not good for my heart, please.." Somehow this stopped the other nurse from moving, but she still held onto my right arm so that I wouldn't go around throwing things again. That's when the frustration washed away,  the tide of feelings came rolling in, the frustration was being replaced by sadness, causing me to feel more pain than ever before. It hurt like hell, it hurt so much it that it felt as if someone was stabbing me in the heart 500 times. I fell to my knees again, looking down as tears poured out from my eyes. The salty tears had fallen down my cheek, causing my face to become swollen. My eyes were red and puffy, one of the nurses wiping away some of the tears that I had shed.

It was awkward, the other two nurses didn't know what to do. They did their best to comfort me though, my back and telling me to quiet down occasionally.

"K-Kris.." was all that came out of my mouth every now and then, that was all I could think about. Kris, I'm so sorry. We won't be able to do the things that I said, we won't be able to confess to the group about our feelings, I'm so so sorry. My quiet cries turned into loud sobbing, my head somehow falling onto one of the nurses lap as she her fingers through my hair. I'm so sorry Kris..and to Luhan, to Kai, to Xiumin, to Lay, to everyone.. I'm so sorry...

--

When I opened the door to the dorm, I felt as if the whole world's weight was on my shoulders, bringing me down along with my illness. A week..a week to live. 7 days..168 hours..10,080 minutes...604,800 seconds.. It sounds like a lot..doesn't it? I took off my jacket, throwing it across the room to let it land on the couch, sighing as I sat next to the inanimate object. My right leg crossed over my left knee as I the tv to see what was interesting. Would there even be anything to attract my attention? I flipped through the channels every 2 seconds, nothing seemed to catch my eye. I seemed to have passed one that did though, a familiar voice caught my attention. I fumbled the remote with my fingers, frantically flipping back two channels until I heard the voice again.

He chuckled into the mike, clearing his voice before saying anything again. "When I say EX, you say O, okay?" I nodded, laughing at his accent when he spoke English. "Alright Kris, alright." He repeated the sentence again, my legs uncrossed, ready for what he was going to say next. 

"EX-"

"O!" I stood up, yelling at the screen while trying to be louder than the audience. 

"EX-"

"O!" I jumped up and down, laughing at my reaction to Kris.

"EX-"

"O!" I frowned, I really wanted him here next to me.

"Say XOXO!"

"XOXO!" 

"Say XOXO!"

"XOXO!"

At that very moment, the tall male that was on the screen, suddenly appeared next to me, laughing as he shook his head and ruffled my hair. 

"K-Kris! Oh god, oh god oh god oh god." Oh , did he really just see me do that?!

"T-Tao! Oh god, oh god oh god oh god." He chuckled, mocking me as I panicked.

"Be quiet hyung, oh god that's embarassing.." He coughs, pursing his lips.

"You're supposed to be respectful to hyung, is that respectful at all?"

"N-no but-"

"No buts." He then went over to the kitchen, opening the fridge to see what kind of food was left to eat.

"Hyuuuung!" A whimper escaped my lips as I trudged over and pulled on the hem of his shirt. "Hyuuung. I'm sorrrry." A pout replaced my smile, Kris was still looking in the fridge for food. I scoffed, and pulled on his shirt with a stronger grip. "Hyyuuuunnngg, pleaaase? I'm really really sorrry." He rolled his eyes as he finally found some noodles to eat, patting my head.

"I heard you Tao, you sound like a baby by the way." He chuckled while I raised myself ontop of the kitchen counter, crossing my arms and furrowing my brows.

"Wow thanks hyung, does the respectful thing not apply to me?" 

"Nope." A whine escaped my lips.

"What why?!"

"Because you're younger." He his lips, putting the remaining noodles in the microwave to heat up and turned back to me, giving me a smug smile. I huffed again, pressing my index finger on his forehead.

"That's no fair, just because of that?"  He nodded his head, pushing away my finger away from his forehead.

"Yeah, just because of that. Stop whining panda. Anyways,"  he cleared his voice before adding on, "how was your day? Anything exciting, anything new, interesting?" He said as he was getting the noodles out of the microwave and grabbing chopsticks before turning back to look at me while leaning on the countertop. "Anything bad happen to you, which results in me having to kick another guy's ?" I chuckled a bit, before shaking my head.

"Nah..nothing interesting happened. No news, my day was whatever." Really Tao, are you sure?

"Ah, I see." Kris grabbed some of the noodles with his chopsticks, popping some into his mouth before spitting some out into the trashcan. ", that's hot." I smirked at his reaction, Kris was something. One second I'm sad and then boom, this comes in and takes away the sadness, making me happy again. I mumbled a few words so that he wouldn't hear me.

"That's not the only thing that's hot." He looked up, raising an eyebrow again.

"What?"

"Nothing, just eat your noodles."

"No Tao, I'm being serious, I swear I heard something about me being hot." He grinned at me, wiggling his eyebrows as I covered my face.

"No, you got it wrong. I said the noodles were hot, and you are not."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." He scoffed and poked my sides.

"Hey! Stop it!"  Kris shook his head, preparing his hands for what was going to come next.

"How about no? Admit it, you did say I was hot." 

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did no- AHAHHAHA, KRIS STOP IT!" His hands were suddenly around my waist, tickling me.

"You for sure did, and you and I both know it!" His fingers were at my sides now, poking me this time.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did no-- KRIS STOP IT OH MY GOD." I suddenly rolled on top of the counter, laughing as I kept getting tickled.

"Admit it!"

"Okay fine fine, I said that the noodles weren't the only thing that was hot!" He pecks my cheek before letting go, causing my cheeks to flush into a light pink.

"Are you blushing? Do guys even blush?" His deep voice echoed throughout the room, a laugh coming in right after the sentence.

"H-hush! You were blushing last time. You blush?!" He scoffed, patting my face.

"Of course not. I'm Kris, and Kris does not blush."

"Wow I like how you're talking in third person now."

"Kris hyung likes it too."

"Really, do you?"

"Yeah, and that's not the only thing that Kris likes too." My eyebrow raised as I crossed my arms.

"Oh?" At this point my back was flat against the counter, a tall figure was hovering over me, just inches away from my lips. 

"Yeah. I think I like this person a whole lot though, maybe even more than I like myself."

"Oh?" I said again, his body pressing up against mine.

"Oh..Sehun. That's who I like." He laughs, pushing himself off me and slapping his knee.

"Kris?" I propped myself up and off the counter.

"What?"

"You're dead." I let out a growl before tackling him, resulting for us to fall to the floor, my body landing on top of his. I blinked, catching him from behind as we fell, our chests pressed up against each other again. Our breaths shortened, turning into pants, my heart beating twice as fast. For a moment we laid there, body to body, I was mezmerized at how precious he looked.

The way his hair was puffed up made me smile. My hand made its way to his hair, it through my fingers. The way his face was fixed, as if he was an angel from heaven. As usual, Kris was wearing earrings on both of his ears--which was a huge turn on--and also some rings on his right hand. My hand lowered down to cup his cheek, leaning in to close the distance between our lips. His lips were plump, pressing softly against mine as I moved my lips with his in sync. I tilted my head a bit, biting his bottom lip. He smirked in between the kiss, pulling me closer to him--as if I wasn't close enough--which made me inhale his sweet scent. My head was a bit light from it, but it didn't matter. I had to spend as much time as I could with Kris..knowing that I wouldn't even be here the next week to feel like this anymore. At that moment, something was poking my member. I pulled away, looking down to see that Kris had a .

"Kris, really?!" He laughed nervously, rubbing the nape of his neck. 

"Oops?" I scoffed, pushing myself off of him and standing back up onto my feet.

"You naughty boy. Ha, as if you're going to get pleasure, you're going to get punished. I'm not helping you with that." He groaned, tempting me to pleasure him, but I couldn't. I had to resist, make him suffer through a like he had done to me the other week.

"Why not?"

"Remember last week?" He groaned again, covering his face.

"Are you serious?"

"I'm dead serious, have fun! And this time, don't all over my bed, geez." I laughed, walking into the living room as I heard grunts coming from the kitchen and into the room. In less than 5 minutes, loud moans came from the room, I covered my ears with pillows to drown out the sounds. Because of his moans, suddenly my own member started rising, causing me to moan as loud. Kris laughed, opening the door and going outside to check on me.

"Tao, you alright?" He smirked, looking at me, his hands still down his pants.

"What an , you did that on purpose."

"You liked it though."

"Said who?!"

"Said your , seriously look, it rose!" He laughed again before going into the room and finishing himself off.

What to do with you Kris...what to do...

________________________________________

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

How was it?!

I know it was kind of short but it's okay, there's at least 3 more chapters, don't worry.

It ended kind of awkwardly *coughs coughs* but that's alright too, is it alright? Let me know! :3

-Crisiel <3