Chapter 19

I'll try my hardest to make you love me

Even though they were at school, Kai had only been busy thinking about Myungsoo coming over. He absolutely didn't want to have him over but because

Krystal wanted it, he had no choice but to agree.

''Umm, Krystal shi, what time do I come?'' Myungsoo interrupted his thoughts. Kai and Krystal had been sitting in class, waiting for the lesson to start

when he came over.

''Well, I have my part time job until six...are you okay with dinner time? I know it's late but it's the only time I'm available.'' She shrugged.

''Oh dinner time is fine. See you later .'' He winked. Kai couldn't believe his eyes. He actually winked at his girl in front of him. He sulked as he leaned 

back on his chair and put his arms around Krystal. She looked at him, eyes wide.

''Yah, people might misunderstand!'' She whispered urgently.

''So? I don't care if they think we are together or not.'' Krystal knew that he wouldn't change his mind so she decided to just enjoy the moment. Meanwhile,

Yoona was watching them from her seat. Tears pricked her eyes. It seemed like Myungsoo alone couldn't do the job. She decided to lend a 'helping hand'

instead. During lunch, when Krystal exused herself from her group of friends to go to the bathroom, she went after her.

''Krystal shi.'' Krystal suddenly got scared. Who knows what Yoona would do to her?

''Y-Yoona shi.'' She backed off.

''No. I'm sorry for all the things that me and my friends did to you.''

''Oh. You're forgiven.'' Yoona inwardly smirked. This girl was too innocent and nice for her own good.

''I just want to ask, does Kai love you?''

''I actually don't know. He acts like he likes me but he has never said it before.'' She said sadly.

''I hate men like that. I met a someone like him before, he acts like he cares but he never makes anything official, the next thing you know, he's gone.''

''So what should I do?'' She asked.

''Break it off if he still doesn't admit anything after you ask him. I'm saying this because I don't want you to get hurt.'' She smiled. Krystal, of course

believed everything she said. Yoona hasn't even had a guy care for her other than Myungsoo. After she left, Krystal made up her mind to ask Kai later on.

----

''Kai ah, do you like Jungie?'' Suho asked him when they were waiting for Krystal to finish her shift.

''Why do you ask? You don't like her, do you?'' Kai couldn't stand it if another guy liked his wife.

''No. I'm just asking. You might show that you like her, but with her personality, she might get confused because you never say the three words.'' Suho

chuckled. Kai kept quiet. He was sure that Krystal would understand the meaning behind his actions so he made no big deal.

''It will be awkward if I say it to her. I've never said it to anyone before. I think she'll be able to understand it.''

''Just think about it Kai. You never know, someone else might say it to her.'' Suho warned then continued sipping on his juice.

----

''Jongin ah, Myungsoo is here!" Krystal yelled.

''Hi Myungsoo.'' She greeted him. Myungsoo was shocked when Kai suddenly appeared out of nowhere. After all, only the exo members and Sulli knew

about their marriage.

''Hi Krystal,you live with Kai?''

She glanced at Kai, wondering if she should tell Myungsoo about them but Kai discreetly shook his head. He'd rather the students find out for themselves

than to tell them personally.

''Haha, yeah. Come on in. Do you want to study in the room or in the living room?'' She asked, trying to change the subject.

''Wherever you want.'' He replied in a very gentlemanly way, making Kai scoff.

''Okay, let's go to the room, so Jongin can watch tv while we study.'' She decided. Kai's scoff was replaced by a look of bewilderment.

''W-Wait, so you guys are gonna leave me alone?''

''Yeah, I figured you might be bored if you watch us study .'' She shrugged.

 

''HAHAHA!'' 

''Gosh, you're funny!''

 

Kai tried to concentrate on the soccer match that he was watching but all he could hear was the two of them laughing.

''Tch, are they even studying?'' He mumbled to himself.

It suddenly went quiet. He craned his neck and strained his ears, trying to pick up at least a sound, but there was none. He convinced himself that they

were just writing things down so it was quiet but at last, he couldn't take it anymore. He turned the televison off and went up the stairs.

''So this word means-'' She stopped talking and looked up, shocked, when the door burst open and in came Kai, who was trying to look casual.

''Hi Jongin! What are you doing here?''

''Got bored of watching. Might as well pick up a few English points here and there.'' He lied. Krystal nodded but Myungsoo could see right through his

facade. Yoona has absolutely no chance. He thought as he continued listening to Krystal. Krystal was feeling uncomfortable about Kai watching her every

interaction with Myungsoo, especially when she remembered what Yoona told her earlier. However, the discomfort was soon replaced by frustration as he

continued to in their conversations, even after receiving her deathly glare. She didn't mind that he was showing jealousy, she was emebarrassed 

beacuse they had a guest and he was acting like a brat.

''So Myungsoo, do you understand?'' She asked.

''Wait, sorry,I have a message from uhm, my mother.'' He lied as he looked at the new message that came from Yoona.

From: Yoona<3

Yah, I'm waiting here. You better make sure they fight. I'll be ready with my car.''

''Uh, I don't really understand.'' He replied after checking the message.

''Seriously? Are you a fool? How can you not even understand this simple thing?'' Kai scoffed. Krystal had enough. She slammed the book down, shocking

both men. Her nostrils flared in anger as she tried to calm down.

''I think I better leave. Thanks for trying to help me Krystal shi. I'll walk to the door by myself. Bye.'' He bowed politely before heading out.

To: Yoona<3

I think they're going to fight. She looked pretty angry. But I don't think we should do this. He seems to really love her. And Krystal is really nice.

He texted her as soon as he went out. He got a reply shortly after.

From:Yoona<3

Shut up. Just do exactly as you're told. Don't ruin this for me.

Myungsoo sighed. Once Yoona had made up her mind, there was no turning back.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, the room's tension was so thick a knife could slice it.

''Why are you so angry?''

''You're asking me why? Do not know anything about treating a guest right?'' She ruffled her hair in frustration.

''What's wrong with being jealous?'' Little did he know, the reason why she was more fired up than usual was because Myungsoo had said the same thing

as Yoona. She wanted to confront him once and for all, of course, not that the way he treated Myungsoo didn't anger her. 

''Jongin, tell me honestly. What are we?'' She asked. Her voice had softened.

''We are husband and wife.I'm pretty sure you know that.''

''I know that, but what are we in real life? Do you even love me like I love you?'' Her question shocked him.

''Why are you suddenly asking me this? Did that brat say something to you? He's just trying to ruin us Soojung. Surely you wouldn't be so dumb to

actually believe him?'' He scorned. Krystal couldn't take it anymore. She was starting to think that he doesn't love her.

''This is not about anyone except us Kim Jongin!'' She shouted.

''Then WHAT is it about? How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me?'' He was shouting too. He couldn't get it why she was suddenly acting like that.

''I want you say that you love me too Jongin.'' She said in a much softer voice.

''You know what? If you don't want to appreciate the things I do for you, then leave. I think we both need to calm down.'' He glared at her.

His words struck Krystal right in the heart. She left the room and went outside. Kai just sat on the bed. They had fought before, but not to the extent where

both parties shouted at each other. He was so sure that he was right, that Krystal was only overreacting about this issue that he didn't even bother running

after her. Maybe if he did, he would be able to prevent the accident.

Yoona saw that Krystal was about to cross the road so she started up the car and sped towards her with the intention of knocking her down. Krystal's

eyes widened as she saw a car speeding towards her, she knew that she had to move but she froze, she closed her eyes and braced for the impact but

it never came. She felt someone pulling her backwards and she heard something crack. Probabaly her arm that she landed on.

''Krystal shi, are you okay?'' She heard a guy ask her.

''M-Myungsoo? I thought you left?'' She said as she tried to stand up with the support of her arm but screamed in agony instead.

''What's wrong?'' Myungsoo didn't need an answer to that though, he took one look at her arm and knew that it was broken. Besides that, she had multiple

cuts on her legs and face.

''Let's get you to the hospital.'' At this point, Krystal should be thinking about her fractured arm, but the only thing she could think about was Kai. Because

he asked her to leave instead of saying the three words that wanted to hear, she assumed that he didn't love her. Tears streamed down her face as she

lay in the hospital bed, wondering if Kai was still angry. She had only requested for Suho, Sehun and Sulli to be informed about it because she didn't

want to worry her busy parents and her sister who was in Paris at the moment. The three of them almost had a heart attack when they heard that their

precious friend was hurt. Although Krystal had specifically mentioned that she didn't wish for Kai to be informed, Suho took it upon himself to call Kai once

he saw that Krystal was not in a critical condition. He left the room while Sehun and Sulli talked to her and called Kai.

''Hello?''

''Kai, did you and Krystal fight?'' 

''Yeah. Listen, hyung, I don't really want to talk about her right now. Wherever she is, she's probably safe, she-''

''She's in the hospital for goodness sake ! How can you not be worried??'' Suho shouted into the phone. His friend was not acting like a husband.

''What did you say?'' His heart stopped and fell to the pit of his stomach when he heard this.

''She got into an accident.'' Suho said softly.

''Which hospital?'' Kai frantically asked as he put on his shoes. It was cold outside but he didn't bother about putting on a jacket. After knowing the

hospital's name, he ran to his car. Damn it,he shouldn't have asked her to leave. He punched the steering wheel.

''Jung Soojung, if you're not okay, I don't know how I would live anymore. I'm sorry. Please don't scare me .'' He talked to no one in particular. His vision 

blurred and he tried to swallow the lump in his throat. What kind of husband was he? He desperately ran to the front desk and asked,

'''Where is Krystal Jung Soojung resting at?'' 

''Sorry, Mister, we only allow family members or requested people to enter.''

''I'm her husband. So just tell me where the hell she is!'' He didn't care if he was causing a scene. he just wanted to see her. The lady timidly told him 

and he ran there, heart thumping in his chest. As he was about to enter, Sehun and Sulli came out. He looked at them before going in. There, he saw 

Krystal with a cast on her arm and bandages on her face. He closed his eyes and tried to breath properly. Although nothing to serious had happened to

her, his heart hurt when he saw the sight.

''J-Jongin?'' She asked, making him open his eyes and walk towards her.

''Are you okay?'' He asked, his brows furrowed and forehead creased. He brushed her hair aside tenderly and carressed her face.

''I'm fine. Are you still mad at me?'' Kai couldn't believe his ears. He had been mean to her and yet she was the one who acted like she was in the wrong.

''Listen Soojung, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way. Can you forgive me?''

She nodded. Kai smiled and cupped her face with his two hands.

''I love you Soojung ah. A lot.'' Before she could react to it, he did something that he had been wanting to do for a long time. He claimed her lips right there

and then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Umm Okay? I seriously was typing this out yesterday but nothing came out except crap. I hope you guys don't bash me for this awful chapter. ><

And please don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote if you like it~