Chapter 15

I'll try my hardest to make you love me

As Krystal was walking to the cafeteria, she was thinking about what the nurse had said.

''How in the world do I make him jealous?'' She wondered.

She had no time to think of a plan. Sehun had come up to her and placed his arms around her shoulders.

''Tal Tal! Why did you faint? I was so worried!'' He faked a cry.

''Kai oppa was too.'' She smirked.

''Yah,when Kai finally admits his feelings for you, don't you dare forget me okay? '' He joked.

The two of them walked to the cafeteria while cracking jokes and laughing.

''Sit with us?''

''Okay!'' Krystal looked around for Sulli to ask her to join them but Sehun told her that he had already done so.

The duo didn't even notice that when they stepped foot in the cafeteria, everyone stopped what they were doing and gaped at them. Kai did too, only he

GLARED at them.

''Kai, why is noona with Sehun?''

''Why is his arm around her shoulder?''

''Are they dating?''

His friends were asking a bunch of questions but he didn't bother to answer. Anger seethed into his body and his nostrils flared. He looked down, unable

to bear the sight of her with another man.

Amidst all this, Suho was watching him with an amused look on his face.

Tsk, so obvious. Interesting.

The oblivious pair finally noticed the quiet atmosphere and realised that everyone was staring at them.

''Yah, Sehun, why are they staring at us?'' Krystal nudged and whispered to Sehun, who in turn shrugged.

They brushed it off and walked towards Exo and Sulli.

''Hi!'' She waved.

She sat opposite of Kai, beside Sulli and Sehun.

''Jungie, is there something going on between the two of you ?'' Suho questioned on behalf of Kai, who tried to look uninterested in their answer but

failed.

''Who?'' She asked, obviously confused.

''You and Sehun.''

Both of them widened their eyes and Sehun exclaimed in denial,

''NO WAY!''

''Don't misunderstand oppas, Sehun is like a brother to me, I will always love Kai oppa.''

Kai sighed in relief , his heart beating fast at her answer. He blushed and that did not go unoticed by the boys.

''Oh. My. Gosh. Kai is blushing!''

''Noona, you're amazing.''

''I never thought I'd live to see this!''

Kai felt awkward at the comments and he cleared his throat while standing up to buy food.

The rest just snickered.

----

''Yah, eat more.''

That was what Kai had been saying to Krystal for like a million times already, claiming that she was too skinny and giving her food.

''Eyy. Kai just admit you love her already, then at least we know that you're not turning crazy with that change in attitude.'' Tao remarked.

''Oppa, lunch is almost over, I need to go to the bathroom real quick.'' She informed Kai and the rest.

She didn't notice that three girls, who had been eyeing her from the start, followed her into the bathroom.

They waited there and when Krystal came out of the cubicle to wash her hands, they pushed her.

''Yah, you better stay away from our oppas!'' A girl, whom Krystal assumed was the leader, warned her.

''Why? Are you my mother?'' Krystal was more than shocked and scared,especially since they were the three girls from before, but she didn't want to

back down without a fight.

They stared at her, eyes wide, obviously astonished and angry that someone would speak to them in that manner.

''Don't you know who we are?'' One of the 'minions' asked in disbelief.

''Am I supposed to?'' She raised her eyebrows.

''We are Yuri, Tiffany and Yoona! You should know us, everyone does!'' Yuri screeched.

Kai's wife merely shrugged.

Yuri had enough, and she lunged at Krystal while the other two scratched her cheek, neck and arms with their painfully long nails.

The victim screamed in agony. In fact, she screamed so loud that the bullies were afraid that they might be heard.

''Let's go. Don't forget what we just said,stay away from them or it's going to end up worse. Tell that to your friend as well.'' Yuri threatened the trembling 

girl. She had tears in her eyes, scratches on her cheeks, arms, anywhere that wasn't covered up by fabric. Terror. That was what she felt.

She washed her face and her wounds. She heard the bell ring but she couldn't leave looking like a mess. She untied her hair, using it to cover her cheeks. 

She then quickly ran to her locker to grab her sweater to conceal the ones on her arms. After that, she went to class, face facing the floor.

''Ms Jung, you are late.'' Her teacher gave her a pointed look.

''Sorry.'' She apologised without looking up, fearing that someone would see her face.

Kai, Sulli and Sehun noticed that there was something wrong from the way she was acting.

''Yah, are you okay?'' Kai nudged her.

She ignored him. One of the girls were in her class and she didn't want to risk going through all that again. Also she knew Kai would freak out when he

sees her face.

Kai noticed this and frowned.

There is surely something wrong.

Throughout the lesson and the lesson after that, Krystal remained quiet. She did not even glance at Kai once.

After school, when class had ended, Kai signalled for Sulli and Sehun to wait for them outside while he talked to Krystal. The two of them gave one last

worried look before heading out.

Everyone had left. Only the husband and wife were left in the classroom.

''Soojung ah.'' He called out softly. For the first time, he had adressed Krystal with a name, not just any name, the name that people rarely use.

There was something in the way he called out her name that made Krystal look up.

''Yes?''

''What happened?'' He asked her gently.

She was surprised. Kai's cold attitude had taken a 180 degrees turn.

''N-nothing.'' At that moment, the wind blew and Kai caught a glimpse of what she had been trying to hide all along. She must have felt it too, for her 

eyes grew bigger as she scrambled to fix her hair. He stopped her and lightly pushed her hair back.

On her face were multiple scratches that had dried blood on it.

''This is nothing?'' He growled, sending shivers down her spine. Krystal could no longer hold back the tears as she looked at a fuming Kai, tears b

her eyes. Kai was furious then, but as he saw her cry, he softened and his heart felt like it was being stabbed with an infinite amount of needles.

The girl's tears fell slowly and he wiped them gingerly.

''Don't cry. Please.'' He begged,his voice cracking. His voice was wavering, his heart constricted and he too felt like crying at the sight of her.

A wave of emotions flooded Krystal and she hugged him tightly.

Despite his pleas, she sobbed even more when she remembered the threats and the pain. Hearing her increasing sobs, Kai grew alarmed.

''Soojung ah, why? Are you okay?'' 

''Sorry oppa, I got a bit emotional. Hehe.'' She lied.

She hugged him and again and said,

''I love you oppa.''

He stiffened but replied with a ''Mmm.''

It wasn't the best answer but for Krystal, who was used to a glare whenever she displayed affection, it was enough.

When Krystal had calmed down, he asked her,

''Soojung ah, who did it to you?''

''It's okay oppa, you don't have to know.'' 

''I don't have to know?! They could have done something much worse,I have every right to know!'''He shouted.

''Why?'' She asked cutely. That question took him by surprise, but his spontaneous answer surprised him more.

''Because I am your husband.'' He looked into Krystal's eyes, who by the way was smilng creepily at his answer.

''So please tell me.''

''Yuri , Tiffany and Yoona told me not to hang out with you guys, they said if I don't follow what they said, they will do something worse.''

Hearing that, Kai stood up but got stopped by her plea.

''No! Oppa, please don't look for them. I'm okay really.'' He hesitated for a while before sighing.

''Fine, I guess I'll just have to look after you to make sure they don't do this again.''

His words had a way of making Krystal's heart beat faster even if he sounds harsh. Maybe it's because behind that ''Anger", lies concern. Maybe it's 

because she felt safe when she hears the concern.

 

The two of them went out of the classroom to look for the other two, who were waiting by their lockers. Once Sulli saw her best friend's face, she ran to 

her.

''Krys! What happened to you? I heard from Sehun that you fainted, now you have scratches on your face. Yah Kai! I know my bestie here is madly in

love with you , but if you have anything to do with these, I will seriously-'' Her rant got cut off by Krystal.

''Sulli ah, he didn't do anything, he took care of me.''

''You really shouldn't hide anything from us.'' Sehun pouted.

''Okay okay.'' She laughed.

''Now , let's go to the cafe, Chanyeol's already there.'' Sehun informed them. Sulli nodded and followed after Sehun while Krystal glanced at Kai. She didn't

want him to go home yet, but she didn't know if he would allow himself to watch her work. 

''In case you think I'm going to let you go to work in that state, you're wrong.'' He nonchalantly said.

''Oppa...I want to go to work, can't you just stay there, if you're worried?'' She blinked cutely. Knowing that he couldn't do anything about it, not to mention

how cute Krystal looked, he agreed.

''Yay!'' She exclaimed, then dragged Kai along with her,

-----

''There you go, one ice cream milk tea and coffee mocha. Thank you for coming, see you again!''

Kai could never understand how things ran in the cafe. If people wanted to get takeaway drinks, then they would have to order straight from the counter,

if they were there for a meal, then the workers would go to them like in a restaurant.

He also found himself staring at Krystal a lot. He noticed the way her eyes would seem like it was smiling when she laughed, the way she would cover her

mouth when she realised that was wide open when she laughed, the way she would glance at him every once in a while and smiled, which 

made his heart beat faster than the usual.

While staring at her, it suddenly struck him.

The reason why he gets so worried and angry when she gets hurt, why he absolutely felt like killing someone when she was close to Sehun, Suho or

other guys. Why his eyes never left her all this time.

It took a long time, but he finally understood.

He had fallen in love with the ''freedom-stealer'', Krystal Jung Soojung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi!! I tried to take into consideration what some on you guys have said to improve. Thanks for that. This is like 200 words shorter than what I usually write

but that's okay right? Oh and please , I need your opinions guys, which title is better? Take Me Back or The Ex-Girlfriend? Please tell me in the comments

and don't forget to comment and subscribe...and maybe upvote if you'd like. hehe. Buybuyyyy!!