Chapter 14

I'll try my hardest to make you love me

After that day when they went to the amusement park, Kai had been trying his best to ignore Krystal. Like when she would sit on the couch beside

him, he would glare at her and walk away.

Krystal couldn't get it, why was he ignoring her?

He had been so worried and concerned about her that day...

Of course, people like Krystal wouldn't understand. Kai had never fallen in love before. He had never experienced having his heart beat so fast that it

might explode, neither has he felt the feeling of getting so worried about someone. Especially someone that he claims to hate. So, it is normal that 

he ignores her, to either try to forget about her, or to convince himself that he is not going to fall for Krystal. 

My heart clenches everytime he does that, doesn't he know how much he is hurting me? I won't give up though. He even hugged me that day. It has got

to mean something.

 

 

 

 

"Oppa! Breakfast is ready!'' Krystal called out to him. 

It was Monday again, meaning they had school, and that Krystal would be having her very first dance practice. After all, she goes to a Performing Arts

school. She had dance on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and on days with no dance, she had vocal lessons.

''Oppa, are you taking me to school? Or do I go by myself?''

Krystal cheerfully asked him once he got down. Seeing his stoic face, she awkwardly smiled and giggled.

''Never mind, hehe, I'll go by myself.Oppa, I have to go now if I don't want to be late. Don't forget to eat your food! We have dance before lunch.''

Since Krystal had to leave earlier than expexted because Kai wouldn't take her to school, she had no time to eat her breakfast.

She took the bus and arrived quite early so she just went straight to class. The classroom was empty.

Krystal sat down and looked out of the window, thinking of the day when when Kai showed a lot of care for her. From changing seats so that she

wouldn't feel ill, to letting her hold him in the haunted house, then finally to getting worked up when he couldn't find her.

She blushed and giggled, burying her face into her palms.

 

''Yah. Tal Tal. Have you gone mad?''

Krystal jumped. She stared at the person sitting beside her in shock. As far as she knew, she was the only one in the clasroom.

''Yah, Sehun, when did you get here?''

He just smiled mischieviously at her and asked,

''So after that hugging fiasco, how are you and Kai?''

''He just ignores me. But that hug...KYAAA!!'' She squealed and squished her cheeks. Sehun chuckled.

''You're so cute, no wonder he likes you.''

Krystal's eyes widened as she denied it.

''No, I still have a long way to go, but there's progress.''

''So you've changed you're target now huh?'' Kai suddenly walked in.

The two of them at him, Krystal was shocked and Sehun was smirking.

You don't have to be so obvious.

''Chill Kai, we're just friends, she's all yours.'' Sehun then proceeded to sit in his rightful place, behind Krystal and  beside Sulli.

Kai sat down and glared at Krystal.

She says she likes me but then she goes and flirts with all of my friends. Tch.

''Hi oppa, did you eat your food?'' Krystal tried to start a converstation as people started piling in the classroom.

He gave a nod.

Krystal was happy, no scratch that, elated that he had eaten the food that she made.

The teacher came in and started to teach the class, then she gave them a worksheet to complete before the end of the period.

For Krystal, there was a problem. She didn't undertsand the basic formula to do a single question. She glanced at her seatmate,Kai, who was doing

it with ease and he was almost finishing.

She meekly tapped him. He gave her a look that said ''What do you want?''

''Oppa, I don't know how to do this ...''

He just looked back down and continued to write. Krystal assumed that he didn't want to help her. She sighed and tried to understand it again.

She was on the verge of giving up when Kai suddenly passed her a slip of paper.

It contained explanations on how to understand the formula. Her eyes grew bigger in shock. Her heart swelled in happines because Kai actually

helped her. She smiled at him in thanks before continuing to do the worksheet.

 

 

 

 

Class ended a few minutes after Krystal had completed the worksheet. The students dispersed and headed to the different classes they were taking.

Sehun, Kai and Krystal had dance while Sulli had theatre. The trio went to the respective bathrooms to change. 

Krystal was in the midst of changing when her head suddenly started to pound and her vision started to blur.

No, this can't be happening.

She thought as her breathing got uneven. She knew she should have eaten breakfast to prevent this but she was in a rush. She steadied herself

against the wall. After a while, she was fine again so she resumed changing into a pair of loose pants and a simple white T-shirt. She secured her

hair in a high ponytail with a red hair tie and went out. As soon as she exited, she was greeted by a stone-faced Kai and a smiling Sehun.

''Hi! We waited for you so we can go together.'' Sehun grinned.

Kai remained silent, he was too busy observing Krystal. He could tell that something was amiss from the way that Krystal smiled weakly.

I wonder what's wrong with her. Is she sick? 

Kai's eyes widened at the thought.As much as he claimed to hate her, he couldn't help but to get worried.

''Oppa, what are you waiting for? Let's go...'' Krystal ushered him to walk in front of her so that he wouldn't be able to see how badly she was sweating.

Dang it. I should have eaten. Now I have a huge chance of embarrassing myself in front of everyone.

Unknown to anyone but herself and her family, Krystal was suffering from anemia, which causes her to faint at times. It gets triggered more when she

goes about on an empty stomach.

The three of them reached the dance studio and everyone stared at the new girl that arrived with two very handsome boys. She felt awkward at the stares

that they were giving her so she looked down and started to warm up at the back with Kai, who reluctantly allowed her to stand beside him.

Some students were dancing in corners and Krystal's self esteem went down.

The teacher entered and he greeted the students.

''Good morning everyone.''

''Good morning Mr Shim.'' The students chorused.

Krystal was shocked when she saw who the instructor was. She had absolutely no idea that Changmin danced.

''Oh, I see we have a new student here. Come up and introduce yourself, maybe dance a little for us too.'' He invited.

So this kiddo dances eh?

''Anyeonghasseyo. My name is Krystal Jung Soojung.'' She bowed politely.

She then proceeded to show off her smooth yet powerful dance moves which left everyone speechless.

Kai was mesmerised by her talent. However, he noticed that something seemed a little off. Krystal was breathing a bit too heavily and sweating

too much, considering how brief her dance was. Her face was pale and her lips looked a little blue.

She went back to stand beside Kai, who was watching her.

''Yah, are you okay?'' He asked her worriedly.

Before she could reply, her vision blurred to the point where she could not see anymore. Her knees buckled and she almost fell to the floor, if not

for Kai's quick reflexes. He stretched his arms out and alerted Changmin.

''Jongin shi, please take her to the nurse.''

Kai didn't have to be told twice.He carried Krystal in his arms and headed for the sick bay.

''Does this girl even eat?'' He muttered to himself. He made a mental note to make her eat more.

''Oh my. what happened to her?'' The nurse exclaimed, worry eveident on her face.

''She fainted.'' 

The nurse asked Kai to put on the sick bed and looked at him when he was done.

''Do you want to go back to class or stay and take care of her?''

Usually, she would tell them to go back to class, but she noticed how Kai looked at her. He may deny it, but that guy was downright worried.

''I'll stay,I don't want to trouble you.'' Kai cleared his throat, trying to say it casually.

The nurse nodded while sarcastically thinking,

Right, you don't want to trouble me. Keep on denying mister.

She said nothing, instead, she took a bowl, filled it with water then passed it to Kai along wiht a cloth.

He took it without a word. He sat beside the pale girl on the bed and sighed.

 

 

''Yah, why do you keep making me worry? Do you know how anxious I was when I saw you collapse? I'm supposed to hate you, so stop making me feel

this way and stop getting hurt.'' He said as he wiped her face with a damp cloth tenderly.

He tried so hard to ignore her after he had gotten so worked up when he couldn't find her and now she manages to get his attention by fainting.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he did not even notice Krystal stirring .

''Oppa...what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at dance.''

When he didn't answer, Krystal continued.

''Sorry for letting you see me weak. I know you hate it whenever somebody acts weak in front of you. Sorry.''

Stupid, I hate it even more when I see you get hurt.

She tried to sit up and the guy's eyes enlarged.

''Yah, you're still not well. What do you need?''

''Water...''

''I'll get it for you. Stay here.

 

 

Gosh, if I had known that fainting would make him nicer, I would have fainted at our wedding.

A huge smile appeared on her face when kai came back with water and food.

''Oppa, I didn't ask for food, why did you bring food?''

''I'm not stupid, I know you haven't eaten anything since this morning.''

''Awww, so sweet.'' She .

''N-no. it's not that, it's just... aishh, I shouldn't even bother to explain.'' He ruffled his hair in frustration.

''Pshh, oppa, just admit it, you like me don't you?''

''Shut up. Just eat.''

She laughed at that.

 

 

After a few minutes of silence,Kai asked a question.

''Do you want to tell me why you suddenly fainted?'' He raised an eyebrow.

Krystal chuckled nervously.

''Hehe. everyone faints at one point.'' She didn't want ot tell anyone about her condition.

''Yah, if you don't tell me the truth, I'm never going to speak to you ever again.'' Kai threatened.

Now, we all know that that is not possible, for Krystal always finds a way to make him talk to her unknowingly, by making him concerned about her.

However, Krystal seemed to believe it. Her eyes became wider as she flailed her arms.

''No! I'll tell you oppa.''

''Good. What is it?''

''I'm anemic.'' She said in a small voice.

''WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me?''

Krystal flinched.

Honestly, he doesn't know why he's furious. Krystal had anemia. So what?

He just coulnd't help but shout. In his perspective, if Krystal had told him earlier, maybe he could have prevented her collapse.

''It's no big deal oppa.'' Though she was frightened, she was glad that he was expressing his worry, even though he uses anger to express it, worry is still

worry.

''Next time you feel ill, tell me.'' He then turned to walk away.

''Oh and, eat more, you're so skinny and light, I thought i was carrying a feather.'' He added before exiting.

After he left, Krystal blushed madly.

He carried me here?

''Hey there, are you feeling better?'' Upon seeing Kai leave, the nurse came in.

''Yes I am, thank you.'' She smiled politely.

As she was clearing the bowl and cloth, the nurse smiled.

''That guy is so in love with you, he just doesn't know it yet.''

''Really?'' The younger asked.

''Of course. He was extremely worried but tried to deny it.My suggestion? Make him jealous.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heyyyyy! I tried to change my writing style to a 3rd person's perspective, you know , just for a change. Which style do you like better? having them

have their own point of view or...?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe! hehe!