Swimming

My Guardian Angel

In that instant, the wings caught the air and lifted like a parachute, Kai having to take a moment to take a deep breath. His heart was racing. This was why humans couldn’t know about their angels – their feelings towards them affected how they flew. Kai was on the verge of tears at the thought of failing his human. “Please…don’t be angry with me…”He said shakily. Kyungsoo shook his head. “I’m not angry.” He kissed the angel’s cheek before nuzzling back into the spot where Kai’s neck and shoulder meet. Kai smiled and leaned his head into the touch. It was easier for him to gain altitude he lost, but soon there were several demons hot on their trail. Kai protectively held Kyungsoo to his chest as he flew faster. The rotting creatures muttered in a foreign tongue as they sent out bursts of fire that singed a few of Kai’s feathers. Kai made sure to keep Kyungsoo completely shielded from all of this. Kyungsoo shut his eyes tight and clung onto Kai. “Kai!” He yells when something yanks one of his wrists. A hand shape burn forms on Kyungsoo’s wrist and it’s covered in a thin layer of black smoke. Kai grabbed the shadowy figure quickly. “Fugite!” he cursed, and the hand disappeared but the number of demons behind him continued to increase. He covered Kyungsoo’s ears and emitted an unearthly shriek that sent all of the dark figures careening towards the ground. Another muttered curse, and they were turned to ash and whisked away in the wind. Kyungsoo curled up into Kai’s chest as he brushed gentle fingertips over his burn on his wrist. His head was buried and hidden in the contours of his body. Tears came to his eyes and were absorbed by Kai’s shirt as soon as they fell. “Don’t worry,” Kai breathed. “I’ve got you. You’re safe now, they’re all gone…” He nuzzled the side of the human’s face. Kyungsoo looked up and their lips were just barely touching. He blushed as his mind wandering and the urge to close the little space between, grew inside him. Kai kept his eyes ahead of them, looking out for more danger and thankfully seeing none. He rode out until the sun was low in the sky, their next pit stop being a much larger and more crowded city than before. This one was full of angels that even Kyungsoo could see. They took off from runways lining the city, like a huge airport. Kyungsoo remained in his position curled up to Kai’s chest. He reached down and held onto one of Kai’s hands for safety, interlocking their fingers. Kai landed easily and made his way towards a large, sky scraper like hotel. He never let go of the human or dropped him from his arms, being welcomed in like a family member by the staff. He carried Kyungsoo to the infirmary and set him down on a bed. An angel in a nurse uniform came over and examined Kyungsoo’s injury. The red hand shaped burn was now puffy and a purple-ish color. The lady closed her eyes and placed her hand over the burn. She closed her eyes and sighed, when she removed her hand the burn was gone. Kyungsoo smiled up at her and bowed. “Thank you, miss.” He got up after that and was led out by Kai. “Kyungsoo, there are a lot of fun things to do here, why don’t we go to the swimming pool?” He suggested. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded at the suggestion. He loves to swim. “That sounds like a lot of fun. Can you swim with wings?” he asked curiously. Kai grinned. “I can. These things act a lot like penguin flippers underwater,” he chuckled. “I love swimming. And since I don’t have breather, I can stay down there for a long time.” Kyungsoo giggled in a cute fashion. “I don’t have a bathing suit.” Kai shook his head. “Not a problem. We can get you one here.” He giggled. He snapped his fingers and a man in a tux popped up suddenly, holding a few different choices in Kyungsoo’s size. One of them was a black speedo. Kyungsoo grinned and bit his lip as `he examined his choices. “Can you pick for me, Kai-ssi? I can’t decide!” Kai blushed a little. “The little ones can make you swim faster, so.” Oh, he was so selfish for picking the speedo. The man nodded and disappeared, and Kai dangled the garments at the human. “Locker rooms are over there~” He gestured towards a door on the right. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and grabbed the small bathing suit, heading off into the changing rooms. He changes into the speedo and fixes his hair in the mirror so it’s messed up a bit. He walks out holding a towel in the speedo. His slightly toned chest out in the open for the world to see. He walks up to Kai and smiles. “All set~!” Kai bites his lip and looks the human up and down, unable to hides his smirk. “You look great,” he stammered a little and walks over to stand at the edge of the pool. It was deep, so deep he couldn’t see the bottom. Kyungsoo tilted his head and looked to Kai. “Where’s your bathing suit?” He chuckled. “Don’t need one.” He flung aside the dress shirt and white slacks he was wearing along with his white shoes, only covered now by a thin white lining of billowy fabric. He leapt up and dove into the water like a mermaid. Kyungsoo blushed a deep shade of red and dove in after the angel. He hits the warm water and his muscles relax. He looks around for Kai when he returns to the surface. Kai grins to himself as he comes up underneath Kyungsoo, undetected, grabbing his ankle and giving him time to hold his breath before tugging him down under the water’s surface. Kyungsoo smiles when he feels Kai’s hand around his thin joint and takes a deep breath. When he’s pulled under he looks at Kai with soft eyes. Kai couldn’t help himself this time. The way Kyungsoo’s hair flowed underwater. The cute way his cheeks were puffed up. He held the boy close and closed the space between them. He gently moved his lips with the human’s and darted his tongue out to and nip at Kyungsoo’s pretty, plush lower lip. Kyungsoo’s face is a bright red as he kisses back. He enjoys every second, even if his breath is running out. Bubbles rose to the surface as they parted and Kai sighed, bringing them both back up to the surface before the boy drowned. He held their foreheads together, grinning at him and staring at his lips and eyes. “So pretty…” Kyungsoo blushed and held onto Kai. “So handsome…” He looked closely at Kai’s perfect features. He reached down and held one of Kai’s hands in his own. Kai smiled a little more than before. Kyungsoo didn’t know what he’d just done by relishing in the kiss, but to Kai, it didn’t matter. He felt so free when he was with Kyungsoo. Kai moved his wings around them and gave his hand a soft squeeze. “I wish…I’d been around to meet you on Earth…” Kyungsoo nodded and smiled softly. “I wish so too.” He wrapped his legs around Kai’s waist and placed his arms around the angel’s neck. Kai shuddered and gazed up at him with hooded eyes. “I’ve been in love with you for so long Kyungsoo,” he whispered, their lips close again. Kyungsoo’s eyes are half open as he gazes back at Kai. The same dark blush reaching the tips of his ears. “I love you…” He gently kisses Kai in the sweetest way. Kai returned the kiss, nothing stopping him now. He was too happy to stop. They swam around and Kai would kiss random parts of Kyungsoo’s face until it was time for the pool to close for the night. Kyungsoo walks out of the pool room with Kai, wrapped in a towel. He grins and giggles happily. “I’m really happy right now~” “I’m happy too.” Kai said, realizing how long it’d been since he was this happy. He knew he’d be sad later, but for now, he felt great. He dried his wings in a special room before bringing the two of them up to their room.