First Impression

Express Your Feelings Directly, Please

That day was Monday. Seohyun was walking out her house, willing to go to bus stop on the tip of the path. Upon arriving at the bus stop, she looked at her watch which showed at 6.30 am. Seohyun was about to go to her office at Spark Line, a famous gadget company in entire South Korea. (It is random company)

One minute taken, the bus finally came. She walk on to bus steps, draw her bus card and let the machine identified her card completely. She sat on a seat near the window. Here is interesting and comfortable somehow, she thought.

She keep to herself on the way to the company as well. Upon arriving at the company, she met a watchman was standing in front of the entrance.

“Good morning”, she greeted while smiling at him.

“Good morning Ms. Seo Hyun, nice to meet you today”, he replied friendly.

She came in to the her work office with its five desks. Very quite, nobody came, no sound excepted the sound of the clock. She sat on her seat in the middle of the room next to the other desks, right side of entrance. She opened a bundle of her working draft and prepared it for a report to her manager of production department  that morning. She checked it precisely, up to the seconds she had done her examining. She was prepared and stood up then walked out of the room while heading for the office of the production department manager.

Usually she only needed to give it to the chief of the department, but because that morning she had not arrived yet, as well as other colleagues, and had plan to come because there are personal things that cause them have to leave one day off.

She walked down the hallway in a relaxed and dynamic disposition, until she suddenly stopped for something to distract her. She saw the large meeting room door opened and full of people there. She stared a littl at the room, curiously.

There seemed to be ten to eleven people standing in the middle of the room. Chiefs and councils perhaps, she thought. No wonder if everyone did not exist, thought in her mind passing quickly. Suddenly, someone slapped her back from the rear.

"Seohyun, why don’t you come in?" Jessica asked, amazed and gawked at her.

"Ah no, Sica. There are things I have to do early. Well, I go for now. Good-bye, " she explained, smiled while left Jessica which still gawked at her, looking for loopholes in order to come inside.

Past the escalator, she finally reached the room on the fourth floor. She knocked on the door politely, but no answer. She beat once again, still no answer. She awakened and smiled. Of course there’s no one, obviously there is a celebration in the meeting room, of course he also attended, she thought with a straight. "Well, and I'm still standing here ", her mind is tickled.


Then she returned to her office. Opening her files, and start to work. Two hours passed and no one came into the room, until finally, half an hour later someone entered hastily into the room. Seohyun was stunned to see her colleague were doing.

"Hyoyeon-shi, why such a hurry?", she asked softly.

"Ah, yah! SeoHyun don’t you come out too? Today, the young director come from Germany. All employees are present in the meeting room. Don’t you want to get there? ", She asked nervously as she gave personal items into her bag and close it immediately.

"Well, I do not know, is that so important?" She asked casually.

"Yes, they say he will meet employees one by one and then give us back afterwards, I do not know how long it will take the time. I do not know this is important or not, but he's very cool", She said with a beaming face," I think a little part of them were left early too."

"Then, I'm including the left early", she replied with a smile.

"Well, ya, I'm off. Good-bye", she greeted as she went out of the room, walking fast.

Seohyun quickly set her files up. Maybe tomorrow, she thought, staring at the folder containing the report in her hand.

She came out of the office. Walked to the right direction, after a few miles walked, she turned to the corner and walk a bit to get to the bus stop. Fifteen minutes she waited until the bus came to pick her up.