On Her Own

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two figures followed their subject as she left the classroom, never letting her out of their sight.

“It’s strange…until now, she hadn’t shown any signs of being a Tamer. And then all of a sudden…”

“And then all of a sudden she’s lit up like a Christmas tree. I could smell her as soon as she came on campus.”

“The Council must know, too then. They know immediately when things like that happen. There must be a reason right? I mean, she’s definitely at risk now.”

“We’re all at risk now. Let’s just hope that when the time for a war comes, we’ll be ready.”

_____

After leaving class, Jinri found herself in the student center again. She tried finding one of the twins to let them know that she was going to go start her hunt for apartments, but Jaeseok was already preoccupied, and Min… well, he was unpredictable. Not paying attention to where she was going, she bumped into someone as soon as she walked into the doors.

“Ah, sorry! I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going,” she apologized to the person, picking up the books they’d dropped. She looked up to find Kai staring at her. “Oh. It’s you.” He returned her less than pleased stare with a blank one of his own.

“That’s fine,” he said, his voice even, as he accepted his things back. He began to walk away, but turned at the last minute and gave her the faintest of smiles. “See you in class next time.” Surprised at his change in behavior since the morning, she could only watch as he left the building. She was used to 12 Princes being detached and secretive from the rest of the student population, so to have Kai talking to her in the first place and Luhan being nice… maybe she had the wrong idea about them.

But there was no time to dwell. She found herself a table and spread out all the information she had. She had 10 places to look at, but they were scattered in places around the neighborhood, making it impossible for her to visit every place that night. She would have to walk and take the bus and still make time for dinner… so much to do, so little time.

After deciding the best course of action, she got her things from her locker and headed out into the city.

_____

After a few hours, Jinri plopped onto a bench, her arms and legs sore from traveling the city by foot. So far, nothing worked out, with either the rent being too high, or the place having specific requirements for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter