4 . 8 . 6 Chapter 1

4 . 8 . 6

 

 

 

 

Being a friend since childhood ; yes. Jongin and Kyungsoo has been friend since they were small. Both of their families were also quite closed to each other. They had long time enough to well-know each other. Their relationship had gotten much closer since they had to attend the same high school. On that day,  Kyungsoo kept jumping and Jongin couldn't hold himself and burst into laughing. But he stopped once, he was forced by Kyungsoo to join his little celebration. At the end of the day, both of them ended up with lying on the couch together. 

 

 


 

 

'' Are you ready ?'' Jongin asked as they walked passed the mini bookstore. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and Jongin stared at Kyuunsoo. They both looked at each other. Kyungsoo's eyes were huge. Those brown eyes, pink lips and pale skin. It could drove people crazy.

'' You gotta be kidding me ! I'm ready. B-but i think maybe you should prepare yourself because . . who know if i'll faint later . .'' Kyunsoo answered and Jongin slightly laughing.

' Why did i say that ?! Stupid ! Stupid !' Kyungsoo mumbled inside. Mentally cursed himself.

'' Nervous about the new school ?'' Jongin asked again

'' Y-Yes, maybe no hahaha . .'' Kyungsoo replied.

Kyungsoo blushed. He could feel that his legs were shaking so he grabbed Jongin's right arm to support himself. Jongin frowned at the sudden action and one of his eyebrows raised. But then a smile curved on his lips , shown to the world his white teeth. One of the things he was proud of.

Do not stare directly at the teeth. Permanent blindness may occur. But Jongin didn't care about it. He couldn't help from being happy.

They walked and reached their destination ; school. Kyungsoo's jaw dropped in shock whereas Jongin was emotionless. As you guys knew the personalities of his were quite calm and cooler than Kyungsoo.

Jongin took this chance to push Kyungsoo towards their class. Once they were in front of their class, Kyungsoo's jaw dropped again. Jongin sighed when he looked at his little friend, Kyungsoo. Jongin saw there were two seats were available next to the window. He dragged Kyungsoo with him towards those seats. Kyungsoo blinked his eyes a few times, wondered and surprised but followed Jongin in the end.

Kyungsoo sat in front of Jongin because he asked him to. He took a lot of deep breath to calm himself. Kyungsoo was scanning a few kids in the class, there were some students playing with something on the table, some other students were standing while joking with each other and the rest were just reading novels.

' Wow, those people must have fallen in love with novels ! They even bought it on the first day of school.' Kyungsoo thought. He turned behind to see Jongin. 'Ah, he also ! Why everyone are reading books ?! Well , not everyone . . Wait a minute , that's not any book. It's the rule book ?!' Kyungsoo's eyes has gotten bigger and bigger than the original size. He couldn't believe what he saw. Jongin who was the one felt uncomfortable, looked at his friend with one eyebrow raised.

'' Yes ?'' Jongin broke the silence between them.

'' D-Did .. Why did you read that book ? Don't you have any other book ?'' Kyungsoo asked, curious.

'' I have to . .'' Jongin replied, pouted his mouth like a kid.'' . . to follow the rules though'' He added and sighed softly but enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

'' What ?! Wow , i tho ---'' Kyungsoo's speech has been cut since the teacher came already and he has to turn in front. Not forgot to mention that Kyungsoo started to nervous again. Whenever the teacher call him, he would jump in surprise. Kyungsoo could feel that some students were laughing about him. Damn it ! But thanks to Jongin, who helped him a lot. He felt weird all of sudden but . . safe . . and protected. Well  he actually safe.

Kyungsoo wanted to thank at Jongin so he turned his head and faced him. He didn't care if the teacher notices him doing that but he had a faith in that the teacher will never notice it. As Kyungsoo faced Jongin, Jongin replied him with a warm and wonderful smile. Kyungsoo's intention was stopped by that smile and his heart felt like it forgot how to work properly . . . DUB DAB DUB DAB . . . Kyungsoo quickly covered it with a fake smile of his and straight away turned in front again. He calms himself for a minute and focus to the board. But in the end he still couldn't focus.

' Oh. My. God. Why is it like this ? Yah ! I saw he smiled everyday ! Ah , forget it ! Maybe i just so nervous today , right ? B-but that smile . . was beautiful. Yah, of course it's beautiful ! He's smile killer ! A lot of girls went crazy because of him before , stupid !' Kyungsoo mumbled inside , mad at his own stupidity. Kyungsoo kept blaming himself until someone was tapping him on the shoulder , it was him ; Jongin.

'' Hey , let's go ! '' Jongin said with joy.

'' Huh ?? Hmm ? Ohh . . '' Kyungsoo shocked with the sudden ' let's go ' , he wondered ; go where ? But when he looked around and saw only both oh them in the class, he understood what happened.

'' What are you waiting for ? Waiting for me huh , my princess ?'' Jongin smiled, kept waiting for Kyungsoo make his move.

'' Eh ? Ahh . . sorry , i didn't pay attention. '' Kyungsoo said and lightly bow a bit to Jongin.

The bow wasn't that surprised to Jongin because he knew that Kyungsoo was just kinda polite person but the ' i wasn't paying attention' caught his attention , that was weird. For someone polite and also nerd as Kyungsoo should pay attention especially in class , right ?

' This is weird , something was happened. Although this is first day of school , his focus on lessons is never disturbed , right ? At least something happened , and he didn't tell me. Are you hiding something , Kyungsoo ? ' Jongin kept thinking and thinking as he watched Kyungsoo.

They walked together. Kyungsoo looked around as he walks and Jongin tried to make Kyungsoo comfort with the new school instead. Both of them stood in a queue and took their meals They sat at empty place. It was a very nice place since you can see a lot of students from that place. Kyungsoo like to watch other people's emotion.

That was the reason why he never refused to watch football with other people. He love when they jump around after they score , run around with their hands in the air and hug each other. If you was in a Railway station , you would see those people who were leaving , without knowing where they were going or why or for how long kept saying goodbye through the window. With a little hand's wave , they kept trying to shout even when they knew that they couldn't be heard any more. Same with the arrivals , watch people waiting , their faces all tense and impatient. Their eyes were scanning the platform and then suddenly they smiled. Their arms goes up , hands kept waving and along the platform they went and into each other's arm.

That was what he loves the best. When people really shown their feelings. They were enjoying the meals peacefully. With Kyungsoo kept looking at other people while eating whereas Jongin was eating his meals , emotionless , like usual.

Suddenly , Jongin's spoon accidently has fallen to the floor , Kyungsoo was almost choked. Jongin pick up the spoon.

'' Wait here , okay ? '' Jongin said and walked towards the sink , leaving Kyungsoo alone.

Kyungsoo was so concentrating so hard that it took him a while to realized that someone was tapping him on the shoulder. Once he realize it , he turned around. And he saw a guy.

'' Hello there ! you are Kyungsoo , right ? Would you like to join us ? '' the guy said and Kyungsoo kept staring him with his big eyes.

'' Ne , i'm Kyungsoo . . join what ? '' Kyungsoo asked , curious.

'' Um , Baekhyun told me that you are good in singing. So , would you like to join our singing club?'' As the guy said , he sat next to kyungsoo.

'' Oh , you mean the Byun Baekhyun ? '' Kyungsoo asked. And that guy nodded. Byun Baekhyun or Baekhyun , both of them used to work together before. They duet and sang a song named ' What i love '. Recall all the moments when he was with Baekhyun make he kept blushing madly.

'' So , are you going to join us ?'' That guy asked again to make sure whether Kyungsoo would join or not. Not even one minute Kyungsoo nodded with a smile on his face. Kyungsoo thought that guy was talking to him in a strange way since that guy looked at him up and down.

He wondered if that guy was making fun of him. Kyungsoo wanted to ask him some question , but he was too shy. There was a silence. Kyungsoo's thought suddenly became blank with a sudden hug from that guy. 

' Did he just hug me ? ' Kyungsoo kept thinking about what was happening as he watched that guy were leaving. kyungsoo noticed the guy's nametag ; Suho .

After a few seconds , Kyungsoo suddenly was shocked by Jongin's wonderful voice.

'' Yah ! Who's that ?'' Jongin asked.

'' Eh ? i-ii don- i-i don't know. '' Kyungsoo shivered as he talked.

'' Cheater ! You were talking to him just now. He even hug you ! '' Jongin exploded.

'' Yes , we were talking but i forgot to ask his name. '' Kyungsoo sighed.

'' Hey . . '' Jongin lower down his volume a bit '' If you don't know someone , don't just simply talk , okay ? You should be careful. '' Kyungsoo nodded , kept looking at his meals. What Jongin said was true. He shouldn't do that. However , an idea suddenly popped in his head to start a conversation.

'' Jongin-ahh ''

'' Hm . . ne ? ''

'' Just now in the class , why did you read the rules book ?''

'' Just like i said before , i have to follow the rule '' Jongin let out a deep breath.

'' As i know , Kim Jongin will never follow the rules , especially the school's rules. '' Kyungsoo kept asking Jongin to find the detail.

'' My mom ! She always nags at me and i hate it ! That's why i'm trying to follow the rules. '' Kyungsoo nodded in understood.

'' Hey , let's go back to class. I have to read a bit more about the school's rules. '' Jongin felt shy.

'' PWWAAHAHAHAHA '' Kyungsoo laugh with joy. This was the first time he saw his friend like this.

'' YAH !! HEY , DON'T LAUGH !!! '' Jongin could feel his cheek was getting redder and redder.

'' okay okay. let's go and sorry your highness. '' Kyungsoo wiped his tears away as he kept teasing his friend ; Jongin

'' Haha , whatever my princess.'' Jongin put his arm on Kyungsoo shoulders as they walked into their class. Once they were in their class , Jongin called Kyungsoo from his seat ; behind Kyungsoo and said.

'' Kyungsoo-ahh ! 4.8.6 Kyungsoo ! ! '' Kyungsoo gave Jongin a weird look and that told Jongin that Kyungsoo don't have any idea what he was talking about ; good.

 

 


 

 

'' Hey , did you meet Kyungsoo already ? '' Baekhyun asked.

'' Uh ? Oh yeah. I ask him and guess what  . . He decides to join us ! I told him to wait after school tomorrow. This is easier than what i thought. '' He gave Baekhyun his comment.

'' Haha ! Whatever Junmyeon !'' Baekhyun playfully punched his friend's right arm. Then he went to his seat and read the book like usually meanwhile Junmyeon kept thinking about Kyungsoo and he couldn't wait for the next day.

 

 


 

 

After a few hours , the bell finally rang. Both of them were walking together from school. Once they got in front of Kyungsoo's house , they started to a little fight.

'' Bye ! my princess !!! '' Jongin said while kept waving his hand to Kyungsoo.

'' SHUT UP ! !'' Kyungsoo said with firm voice.

'' Okay , 4.8.6 Kyungsoo , Muaahhh ! " Jongin make a pose like he was going to kiss Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes widen , similar to the koala's eyes. In the end he solved their fight by simply saying ' bye '. Kyungsoo walked towards his house but stopped half of the way. He turned to see Jongin and he was still there , watching him go.

Suddenly a weird feeling popped inside Kyungsoo's heart. Kyungsoo felt bad because you could tell from Jongin's eyes , that he always make Kyungsoo felt better , kept hearing about Kyungsoo's story but he never told Kyungsoo about his story or life. Kyungsoo very sure there were a lot of secrets hidden beneath the cheerful face of Jongin. A secret stuck in his heart like a thorn , something he's never told anyone. Kyungsoo wanted to be near him. With him.