Chapter 6

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook’s POV

 

“Song Ji Hyo? Oh! We know her! Right, hyung?” Dong Hoon said to me. I didn’t answer his question. My mind still processing the information about her and Gary.

“Hyung? Jong Kook hyung?” Dong Hoon called me and touched my hand.

“Are you okay, hyung?” He asked again.

“Ah, yes, I’m fine. A little bit tired but it’s okay, Dong Hoon-ah.”

“Do you want to go home now, hyung?”

“No, let’s stay here a while.”

“Alright then, I have to go now, I have a date to plan. Thank you for teaching me, Jong Kook hyung. See you later, hyung, HaHa yah. Annyeong.” Gary excused himself with a cheerful voice.

 

Isn’t it nice to have someone to love and be loved by someone? Will I ever feel that feeling? I don’t think so. I’m not perfect. Truthfully, I’m far from perfect. I let out an audible sigh.

 

“Hyung..” Dong Hoon called me. I turned to his direction.

“Hyung, is there something bother your mind? It’s not the usual Jong Kook hyung I know.” He continued. I didn’t answer his question again.

“Is it about.. Gary hyung and Ji Hyo?” He asked carefully.

 

Should I tell him about this? I never talk about this topic with anyone. I’ve been so close with him for these past two years, maybe I could talk about this with Dong Hoon. Besides, he already have a girlfriend –and a lot of ex-girlfriends.

 

“I.. Yes.. It’s about them.”

“Hyung.. Are you in love with Ji Hyo too?”

 

Here’s the main question. Am I in love with Ji Hyo? Or am I just get comfortable with her as a close friend?

 

“I.. I don’t know, Dong Hoon-ah. I don’t know if I love her or just comfortable with her as a friend but I feel different with her. I feel comfortable with her. The way she talk to me, the way she walk with me or the way she treat me is not make me feel.. worthless. Yes, I like her but I don’t know if it’s love. I don’t even know what is love, Dong Hoon-ah. I never feel it.” I let it out finally. Dong Hoon didn’t say anything, he only listened to me so I continued.

“Last night she called me. She told me about her ‘date’ with Gary. I thought I mistook him for somebody else but it turned to be Gary. Kang Gary. Kang Hee Gun. He would be a perfect man for Ji Hyo. Maybe he’s not good looking but he’s charming. He’s strong and romantic. He has the best quality that every girl wanted. And on top of all that, he can.. he can see.. and I can’t. I can only be a burden.” This is really so frustrating.

“Hyung, please don’t talk like that. Please don’t judge yourself so low, hyung..”

“What? Isn’t it true that I’m a burden for many people? If I can see, you don’t have to fetch me every day, you can use your time to have a date with your girlfriend. If I..”

“If you can see, hyung, maybe we’re not friends. If you can see, maybe we’re not in this café. If you can see, maybe you will never know me or Gary or Ji Hyo.” Dong Hoon cut my words.

“You’re not a burden for anyone, hyung. I fetch you everyday not because I was forced to but because I want to. I feel you like you are my biological hyung. You’re my hyung.”

“Well, thank you Dong Hoon-ah..” I thanked him. His words really touched me. I could heard sincerity in his voice.

“So, what should I do?” I asked him.

“Let’s show Ji Hyo that you like her, hyung. I’m an expert in this field so don’t worry.Oh, by the way, hyung, I want to say thank you..”

“Thank me? For what?”

“For telling me this, hyung, for sharing your problem. For trusting me. Saranghaeyo uri hyung!”

 

Ji Hyo’s POV

 

A month after the ‘date’ with Gary oppa, I grew closer with him. He always fetched me after my class or accompanied me doing my assignments at the library like the first time we met. Every time I woke up late and run straight to my class without having a breakfast –which was happened almost every day,  he brought me sandwich and americano. He’s really an attentive guy. He called me every night just to tell me to sleep tight and have a nice dream.

As I drew closer to Gary oppa, I drew away from Jong Kook oppa which made me so guilty. He sometimes called me at night but our conversations always interrupts with Gary oppa’s call. I wanted to call him back but it was late night, I’m afraid I would disturb him. I also rarely met with him at the coffee shop as I woke up late and rushed to the camp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter