Chapter 14

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook’s POV

It’s time for me to leave Korea and went to the States. It’s hard to leave everything here, especially Ji Hyo. I still felt a little scared about where our relationship would be going from here but as she said, I believed that everything would be alright between us.

Ji Hyo and Dong Hoon were in the airport with me. We were standing in front of the check-in gate and waiting for one more person.

“Jong Kook hyung! Ah, annyeonghaseyo! Dong Hoon hyung, Ji Hyo noona! I’m really sorry I’m late.”

“Yah! Lee Kwang Soo! You know what time is it? Your plane could be taking off without you!” Dong Hoon said to Kwang Soo, partly scolding him and partly joking.

“Yes, Dong Hoon hyung! I’m really sorry!”

“Shout ‘Lee Kwang Soo, pabo!’ for three times!” This time it was Ji Hyo.

“Ah, noona, please don’t do this to me.”

“Hurry!” Ji Hyo and Dong Hoon said together.

“Lee Kwang Soo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!” Kwang Soo shouted. Ji Hyo and Dong Hoon were laughing really hard and I just chuckled.

“Yah! Stop it. Don’t bully him anymore.” I said, stopping my girlfriend and my best friend.

“Hyung! You’re the best!” Kwang Soo came to me and gave me a hug.

“He will take his revenge on me later.” I said again and smiled.

“Eyyy, hyung! Of course not! I will be a good dongsaeng to you!” We all laughed together.

This man, Lee Kwang Soo, was going with me to the States. He’s going to live with me and help me there in New York. I just knew him for a few months. He was so funny, friendly, polite and reliable.

“Good afternoon, passengers. This is the check-in announcement for flight KAL 81 from Seoul to New York. We are now inviting those passengers to check-in on counter number 1 to 5. Please proceed to your gate after you have checked in. The gate number is registered on your boarding card and can be read on the information screens. Thank you for your attention.”

“Alright, it’s time to go.” I said to Dong Hoon and Ji Hyo. The laughter from before couldn’t be heard anymore.

“Hyung, take care of yourself. Come back here soon, okay?” Dong Hoon hugged me and I patted his back.

“Yeah, you too, Dong Hoon –ah. I won’t be here to teach you directly so you have to study really hard, understand? If you need my help, you always can e-mail me.”

This time I heard a sob.

“Ji Hyo?”

“Oppa, take care of yourself there. Alright?” Ji Hyo hugged me really tightly, I knew that part of her wouldn’t want to let me go.

“I’ll be fine. You should take care of yourself too. Be a good girl.” I wrapped my arms around her waist. “I’ll contact you as soon as I arrived.” She nodded and we stayed like that for a few minutes.

“Hyung, we should go now.” Kwang Soo broke the silence.

“Don’t be sad. 3 years is a long time, I know, but we will make it. You said it yourself, right?” She nodded, still didn’t want to let go of me.

“I’m going to miss you really bad, oppa.”

“Me too, Ji Hyo, me too.”

I collected all my courage and I kissed her in front of my dongsaengs and all other people in the airport but I don’t care.

“I love you.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter