Chapter 10

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook’s POV

It’s been a month since I started dating Ji Hyo. We haven’t had our official first date yet because we’re both so busy with our study. It’s my third year and I’m going to graduate in 6 months. We met every morning before our class and every evening after the class ended like always at the coffee shop. Although it’s just a short time, I’m happy that I could spend my time with her. She never bored me.

“Oppa, are you free this Saturday?” She said when we walked home together after the class.

“Yes, why? Do you want to go somewhere?”

“Let’s go to the aquarium. My classmate went there last week and she said that it was so amazing. Can we go there?”

“Alright, but finish your assignment first then we can go there. Okay?”

“Okay, I promise. I’ll do my best.” She took my folding cane from my backpack then she took my hand and gave it to me. I never used it again whenever I walked with her since she said that she’d guided me and I trusted her. “Here, oppa. Thank you for walking me home.” She kissed my cheeks softly, “See you tomorrow. Be careful on your way back.”

---

“Oppa! There’s a shark!” Ji Hyo sounded so happy to see it. “It is gray colored, big and long body with many sharp teeth and it looks so frightening.” We were walking in the undersea tunnel at the COEX Aquarium and surrounded by many kind of fishes. I told her to enjoy the aquarium and she didn’t have to describe every single fish to me but she ignored my words, still described everything and also read every information board for me. She said that if I wanted her to enjoy the aquarium, I must enjoy it too.

“Ah! A sea turtle just passed by us on the right side! It has long and narrow wing-like flippers at the front and shorter flippers at the back, it also has a shell on top of its body.” She held my hand tightly and led me slowly. We’re lucky the aquarium wasn’t crowded today. From what I could hear, most of the visitors came with their family. I could hear kids talked and gasped in awe as they saw the fishes. We walked and stopped at every area.

“Penguins!” Ji Hyo suddenly shouted and she let go of my hand. I bit my lips and just stood there. I didn’t move, afraid that I’d tripped and embarrassed myself and her. Then suddenly, someone ran into me. I lost my balance and I nearly fell if Ji Hyo didn’t catch my hand. She took my hand and led me to the side.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” She hugged me and her voice sounded like she nearly cried.

“It’s okay, Ji Hyo. I’m fine. It’s alright.” I her hair and her back, trying to calm her.

“I shouldn’t leave you like that. I’m sorry, oppa. I’m too excited to see the penguins.”

“Don’t worry. I’m the one who told you to enjoy it, right?” I squeezed her hand gently. She didn’t say anything so I tried to lift the mood. “Can you please describe the penguins to me? I really want to know how they look like that makes my girlfriend really hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter